My Ban appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    Yes

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    Naja

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    Aloha.Pk.Babel

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    I do not know. I left the game without being banned or kicked, and once I returned an hour later. The game said I was banned, and I do not know why or how. For no reason.

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    Because I did not do anything to be deserved to be banned. I didn’t hack, spam, etc.

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    2017-08-16 around 3:30pm?? When I logged on?

Somebody has informed the staff member who banned you. Please be patient and hold off on rejoining any of our servers until this issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

Hello Naja, I am the guard who banned you. Thank you for coming here to appeal your ban. I’d like to remind you that it is in your own interest to tell the truth here.
Does the name “RedMonkey” sound familiar to you?

I’ve seen a player as redmonkey, but I do not recall naming myself “RedMonkey” when I was online today. I only switch between “Naja” and “Kobe Bryant”

I don’t think you are telling the truth here. The player I banned (RedMonkey) has the same IP Address as you when you were playing under Kobe Bryant one hour earlier, hence why you are banned now. Furthermore his name doesn’t appear in the server logs until today after you disconnected as Kobe, so I don’t think it’s very likely you have seen him before.

The chat logs also make me believe that it was indeed you who is playing under this name:

[details=Click for details][2017 15 August Tuesday 19:32:27] <babel_aloha> Carla Sagan, can you take off your hacks for 3 minutes?
[2017 15 August Tuesday 19:31:59] <babel_aloha> Yellow, can you take off your hacks for a minute or so?
[2017 15 August Tuesday 19:33:24] <babel_aloha> Alright, Carla Sagan, Yellow, and _. You guys could turn your hacks back on!

[2017 16 August Wednesday 14:31:55] <babel_aloha> ACtually, Carla, can you take off your hacks for only 60 seconds?
[2017 16 August Wednesday 14:32:27] <babel_aloha> Thank you Carla… you can put them back on in 2 minutes[/details]

Please reconsider if it’s really the truth you just told, because your story doesn’t hold up to what the server logs and your IP Address say.

Hmmm… oh!! When I was on my 1 hour break, I let my bro play for a bit and he usually watches me and everything when I play… so it could have been him. Cause I truly do not know how to hack this game.

Actually, it was him. I see stuff downloaded associated with hacks.

Just for the record, he used my laptop, but it was not me.

Naja

Video evidence:

Now i think the video evidence of RedMonkey hacking is very clear and needs no further explanation.

As i stated in my post above, both players show the exact same chat behavior, e.g. using the same wording, talking to the same players over and over again. I think it is highly unlikely that your “brother” would completely emulate your behavior, even if he watches you play a lot. Which brings me to the conclusion that it was you who changed the name on your game installation in the hope of not getting banned when trying out some rather easily detectable hacks. Sadly hacking in this game is a rather easy thing to do - almost as easy as downloading the game itself - so that excuse won’t work here either.

So unless you come out with the actual story, I don’t really see any reason to pardon you on this appeal.

My brother sees me play this game most of the time and laughs at things that I fill the chat with.

I am telling you the truth, that this was my brother cause usually I use “OpenSpades”, and he told me he was using “BuildAndShoot”. He chose his own username.

Apologies on behalf of my brother. If you still don’t believe me, then apologies from me. But I know it was my brother. Cause I never hack.

Naja

Hi Naja, just to keep you in the loop, as of this time the staff have decided to upgrade your ban from a 1 day ban to a Permanent Ban. The evidence provided and the explanation from yourself, we feel, does not match up. So, be aware any attempts to rejoin Aloha servers at this time would only serve to count against you and your appeal.

Cheers.

I’m not lying!!! :o :o Why am I getting permanently bannned from this game that I play all the time??? I never hacked this time, and I never hacked in the past! You told me to tell the truth and I am!!! Again, I do admit that it was from this same IP Address because my younger brother plays it. But it was not individually me! I do not deserve this.
:-\ :-\

And I am admitting that my brother hacked the game! I have been admitting that, but it was not myself. That’s all I’m saying!

Naja, you are not banned from this game, only from aloha.pk servers.
Look at this: http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=9777.0
This is a way to get unban, if your brother or friend was hacking.
But admins and guardians have to believe that it was really your brother.
If it wasnt-you should admint it.

PS: If I should not say anythink on not my ban apeal, tell me.

Just for the record: Your brother was only using the original Ace of Spades client, right? Why would he decide to suddenly do that after he has seen you play multiple times on OpenSpades? If he were to try out the game for himself, why bother to download and play on a different client he has never seen you use before? The brother story just adds to the suspicion that it was you who wanted to try out hacking and hacking with the regular client is just easier due to better availability of hacks.

The Logs show you impersonating various admins and well known players before someone joined from your connection under “RedMonkey”:

[details=Click for details][2017 16 August Wednesday 12:43:58] <babel_aloha> * Doctor Dank (IP ***, ID 27) entered the game!
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:44:23] <babel_aloha> * Doctor Dank (IP ***) disconnected
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:44:44] <babel_aloha> * Cum out of dick (IP ***, ID 27) entered the game!
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:53:08] <babel_aloha> * Cum out of dick (IP ***) disconnected
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:53:22] <babel_aloha> * Chase_UC (IP ***, ID 27) entered the game!
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:53:40] <babel_aloha> * Chase_UC (IP ***) disconnected
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:54:04] <babel_aloha> * Paratrooper (IP ***, ID 26) entered the game!
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:56:19] <babel_aloha> * Paratrooper (IP ***) disconnected
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:56:31] <babel_aloha> * Chase_UC (IP ***, ID 4) entered the game!
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:56:42] <babel_aloha> * Chase_UC (IP ***) disconnected
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:57:12] <babel_aloha> * CraftDinur (IP ***, ID 21) entered the game!
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:57:15] <babel_aloha> * CraftDinur (IP ***) disconnected
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:57:33] <babel_aloha> * Thufman (IP ***, ID 2) entered the game![/details]

The logs reveal that all those connections were made using OpenSpades, so it was undoubtedly you. Interestingly you even asked under one of those aliases how long bans (as opposed to regular votekicks) would last.

[details=Click for details][2017 16 August Wednesday 12:54:13] <babel_aloha> How long do bans last?
[2017 16 August Wednesday 12:54:30] <babel_aloha> Not votekicks, but bans.[/details]

This leads me to conclude two things: First: You wanted to gather information on how long admin bans last. So this reveals a possible intention to try out a hack and ask about the
consequences should you be caught.
Second: You were using an alias when asking these questions just like when I caught that player from your internet connection hacking. That tells
me you were trying to be cautious and under no circumstances wanted to have your original name (and for that matter, also your regular
client) associated with hacking should you ever try it, which makes sense, since this wasn’t your first offence:

[details=Click for details][2016 20 August Saturday 22:13:06] <babel_aloha> Naja () banned for 1 day: [IGN: Naja] [By: Spring] [Time: Sat Aug 20 18:22:06 2016] [Duration: 1 day] [Expires: Sun Aug 21 18:22:06 2016] [Offense: Repeated spammer] [Server: babel_aloha]
[2016 13 July Wednesday 15:54:01] <babel_aloha> Naja (
) banned for 3 days: [IGN: Naja] [By: danke] [Time: Wed Jul 13 12:06:06 2016] [Duration: 3 days] [Expires: Sat Jul 16 12:06:06 2016] [Offense: griefing] [Server: babel_aloha]
[2016 16 July Saturday 19:22:14] <babel_aloha> I was banned for 72 hours for nothing.
[2016 16 July Saturday 19:22:15] <babel_aloha> Bitch.
[2016 16 July Saturday 19:22:31] <babel_aloha> I still wanna find that nigga that banned me.
[2016 20 August Saturday 22:13:06] <babel_aloha> Naja () banned for 1 day: [IGN: Naja] [By: Spring] [Time: Sat Aug 20 18:22:06 2016] [Duration: 1 day] [Expires: Sun Aug 21 18:22:06 2016] [Offense: Repeated spammer] [Server: babel_aloha]
[2016 24 August Wednesday 18:49:41] <babel_aloha> Naja1 (
) banned for 6 hours: [IGN: Naja1] [By: Stradivarius] [Time: Wed Aug 24 14:58:18 2016] [Duration: 6 hours] [Expires: Wed Aug 24 20:58:18 2016] [Offense: mute evade] [Server: babel_aloha]

I’d also like to remind you that your overall behavior hasn’t really improved over the years. You are still causing complaints from players because of spam habits like this:

[details=Click for details][2017 12 August Saturday 20:28:43] <babel_aloha> Admin, Kuba is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:29:22] <babel_aloha> Admin, Benis is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:29:45] <babel_aloha> Admin, TheSlumpgod is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:31:13] <babel_aloha> Admin, Prozazokl is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:31:57] <babel_aloha> Admin, K9rosie is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:32:44] <babel_aloha> Admin, prozazokl is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:33:13] <babel_aloha> Admin, TheSlumpgod is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:33:35] <babel_aloha> Admin, Benis is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:33:55] <babel_aloha> Admin, TheSlumpGod is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:35:38] <babel_aloha> Admin, MELOSO is hacking. Please take note of this.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:36:59] <babel_aloha> Admin, Chips N’ Fish is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:37:45] <babel_aloha> Admin, Gl@diaborBr is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:38:14] <babel_aloha> Admin, Benis is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:39:09] <babel_aloha> Admin, Benis is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:40:07] <babel_aloha> Admin, Deadpool is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:40:29] <babel_aloha> Admin, Kuba is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:40:40] <babel_aloha> Admin, Joseph Stalin is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:40:57] <babel_aloha> Admin, Kuba is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:42:22] <babel_aloha> Admin, fERNANADA$ is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:42:44] <babel_aloha> Admin, LeBronis hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:43:10] <babel_aloha> Admin, Benis is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:43:33] <babel_aloha> Admin, Benis is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:44:01] <babel_aloha> Admin, Benis is hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:44:26] <babel_aloha> Admin, ChipsFIis hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:45:23] <babel_aloha> Admin, Fernanis hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:55:51] <babel_aloha> Admin, Fernanis hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.
[2017 12 August Saturday 20:56:45] <babel_aloha> Admin, Fran qis hacking. Please take note of this. Please consider possible consequences for this indivudal.[/details]

So if you were to be unbanned here I suggest you to tone it down a bit in the future. We don’t mind a bit of scarcasm/trolling every here and there too much, but this is outright spamming.

I'm not lying!!!!! :o :o Why am I getting permanently bannned from this game that I play all the time?!?!!? I never hacked this time, and I never hacked in the past! You told me to tell the truth and I am!!! Again, I do admit that it was from this same IP Address because my younger brother plays it. But it was not individually me! I do not deserve this. :-\ :-\

And I am admitting that my brother hacked the game! I have been admitting that, but it was not myself. That’s all I’m saying!

It doesn’t really matter who from your connection started the hacking, you can not conclusively proof that it was your brother, so we cannot allow you to play. We only ban by IP addresses , so unfortunately you have to make sure nobody is hacking from your connection.

Why would I continue to lie to you after you warning be more than 3 times? I do not know how to make my story sound more believable. I usually only play Aloha.pk because it is the most enjoyable. I can’t enjoy myself on other servers. You guys think that I hacked, but I am not going to admit that, because I know I personally did not. If I did, I would have admitted that to you long time ago because you told me that it was in my best interest to tell the truth. My brother promises not to hack this game again.

I don’t know what to say to make my story sound more believable. I cannot lie and say that it was myself, because it was not.

Just wondering, does this IP address have any hack history in the past?

It is obviously not in my interest to force you to admit something you didn’t actually do, but the way you seem to make your story fit here when presented with new evidence does not make it very believable, especially considering what the logs say. So to better understand the whole situation, I’d like to ask you some questions.

Did your brother ever play the game before this incident that got you banned?
Why did your brother use the original client as opposed to Openspades in the first place?
Did you impersonate all these players? If yes, what was your intention?

Just wondering, does this IP address have any hack history in the past?
No, to my knowledge your IP has never been banned for anything hack related before.

Yes, my brother has played this game before this incident, and he usually plays on the “BuildandShoot” version on a different computer a while ago.

My brother told me “after the incident” that his hacks only work on the “BuildAndShoot” version which is another reason why he probably used that version rather than “Openspades”

I mainly impersonate the players “Kobe Bryant” and my own name, “Naja”. My brother named himself after “RedMonkey”.

Alright, I still have HUGE doubts about your story but since this appeal isn’t going anywhere this way and would probably end up with me denying it, I am going to suspend my disbelief just this once and believe your story. Other players have been given this benefit of doubt before you so I think it’s fair for you to have that too.

Tell your brother to appeal here in your place and fill out the ban appeal template.

OK, THIS IS MY BROTHER’S RESPONSE BELOW.

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    yes, it was a ban.

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    Redmonkey

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    Babel by ahola

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    i was testing somw hacks on the game, and I hacked

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    cause I was just testing it on my bro’s laptop, and I will never do iy again

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    yesterday around 3:30pm

Alright Redmonkey, thank you for appealing. I would like to give you and your brother a second chance to play on aloha, but since you have hacked and your brother has been banned and muted multiple times for spamming, I and the staff don’t have much trust in you. So I decided to give both of you a task to further explain your reasoning behind what you have done, why it is bad what you did and how you will prevent something like this from happening in the future.

Both of you will have to write a 5 paragraph essay on why hacking (or spamming in najas case) is bad. The essays will each include 3 points why hacking/spamming is bad. One point for each of the body paragraphs. The introduction will consist of your personality, what you like, who you are, why you hacked. The conclusion will include a summary of your points as well as what you will do to not let this happen in the future. The length of this essay should be around 500 words.

This task has been given and done before, even with 1000 words http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=3852.msg39850#msg39850 and I think it is a good way for both of you to reflect on your actions and would give us an actual reason to believe that both of you are serious about improving your behaviour.

Once both of you have posted the short essay here, I’ll ask for the ban to be removed.

Naja’s Essay:

My name is Naja, and I play AceofSpades very often. In fact, it is one of my only hobbies besides playing sports such as basketball. I play it often during my downtime. I spam sometimes to make a joke with people and to make the game more funny. I spam sometimes because I am bored and I want to do more than just play. But, I realized that admins do not like spamming, so I will stop spamming so often.

Spamming makes it worse for myself because I will either end up getting muted or votekicked or banned which is not a good thing. Spamming doesn’t look good on my part, because it will show a reputation of who I am. Staff will start to point out and know that I am a constant spammer. And they will be quick to ban me on a minor spamming incident because of my constant spamming in the past.

Spamming distracts others from playing. While constantly hearing the chat ding noise, it can be annoying and distracting while other players are playing. Spamming often triggers the angers of others causing arguments and disagreements which can quickly escalate.

Also, the content in my spams are mostly untrue about other players hacking. It is usually just a joke, to troll around. Me lying about the content in my spams are not useful to others or myself, and it is pointless. Therefore, spamming is irrelevant and pointless and annoying to others.

When I spam I do not mean harm, I am just trolling and/or fooling around. In the future, I will try and stay focused on the game rather than using the chats. Basically, spamming causes others to get annoyed, and mad which can cause disagreements which can lead to bans and votekicks. Additionally, as said above, spamming makes circumstances worse for yourself. It causes you to get muted and it decreases the staff’s trust towards you. And, spamming is pointless and a waste of time. I will definitely decrease my spamming, and try to even stop my spamming completely.

RedMonkey’s Essay:

I am the brother of Naja, and I am a person into games a lot. I often bug my brother on playing his game, Ace of Spades, so when I did, I wanted to test some hacks to see if they would work. They did indeed work, but it was not a good decision, as I got banned. Also, I am currently in school.

Hacking can ruin somebody’s identity. IT will lead the admins/staff to not trusting the individual anymore, because hacks ruin the joy and the objective of the game. It makes you have a bad reputation as everyone knows what you do.

Hacking decreases your privacy. Because when admins or other people of high authority check, they have access to your IP address, who you are, and much more. Therefore, hacking makes it worse for yourself.

Hacking decreases the joy of the game for others. As players want to improve on their ratio, streak, and their stats, etc. A hacker will ruin the objective of the game, and give everyone else false deaths which is not good. Hacking is not a good thing.

Overall, hacking has a bad effect on the game. It decreases ones own privacy, it decreases the objective and the joy of the game for others, and it can ruin your own identity as admins have lots of access. I am 100% sure this will not happen in the future because this was just a test on my brother’s account to see if they work. And I know that he has never hacked the game before. This is why I will make sure that it will not happen again.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity.

Thank you for the essays, I hope you will truly stick to your promises and not do any of those things again, needless to say that in case you do, you will stay banned permanently without the chance of a second appeal.
Sadly, you just evaded your ban before you posted this so your ban will only be shortened, not lifted right now. Please do not evade this ban again until it expires. I will be discussing the remaining length of your ban with the other admins.