My Ban appeal

Ok, your ban has been shortened to 2 weeks. The expiration date will be Fri Sep 1 19:21:53 2017. Please do not decide to evade this one, otherwise the permanent ban will be reinstalled.

Thank you.

I just wanted to clarify that I wasn’t evading the ban. I was just checking to see if I was still banned, and it let me through, so I assume you took off my ban.

Because previously I clicked on the server to check, and it said I was banned the 1st time.
During the 2nd time, it let me through, so I assumed my ban was expired.

This warning will only be friendly a few times. If you want to argue with eachother get off of the appeal section. This thread is for naja, staff, and anybody with evidence.

Your opinions, arguements, and backhanded comments are distracting to this boards purpose. Stop.

Can someone reply to my previous message?

You have joined the tow server before you even posted the essay, so there was really no reason given to unban you at that point. I saw from your chat behavior that you really assumed you have been unbanned but this still counts as a ban evasion. As Juxta said, you stay banned until the issue is resolved, which it hasn’t been at that point.

That being said, we currently do not know why the server let you through, so please do not reconnect to any aloha server even if you would be able to join before the 1st of September.

Can you explain why the problem is not resolved?

Also, why is it considered a ban evasion if I was allowed to go in the server?? I didn’t attempt to change my IP address like others… I was just testing to see if my ban expired, like a normal person.

When you start an appeal, you will not be able to join any aloha servers and will not even try to access … you will have to wait until the problem is completely resolved and when a conclusion is made, for example given a downtime, Don’t try join to servers…

You could enter that time maybe because you have a dynamic IP, I do not really understand what it is, but what I do know is that the IP of your modem will change constantly, that’s what I know …

Where is that first rule to not attempt to see if your ban is expired? I think it is normal for someone to logon and check if their ban is expired or not. I don’t see it officially posted anywhere.

Well, the problem would have been resolved by you writing the essay and me unbanning you afterwards. Yet you entered the server at a point where you had no reason to assume you have been unbanned. But since you wrote the essay shortly afterwards, I decided not to take down the essay offer entirely and reduce your ban to a temporary ban.
There are quite a few players with dynamic IPs that enable them to unintentionally evade bans, similar to what you did. Thats why we always make sure to tell banned players NOT to join until their ban is resolved.

again, you were explicitly told that your ban is permanent, so there was no reason for it to expire.

So my ban is permanent now??? Why are you guys doing this? for what??? You said it would expire on September 1st!

No, the ban will expire on September 1st, I was just referring to when it was still permanent while you joined.

Did me “”“evading”"" the ban make it longer?

yes.

How long was it before I “”"“evaded”""" the ban?

Well, a few hours to a few days probably. That really depended on your essay and also on the input of other admins. There wasn’t a fixed time decided beforehand.

1 Like