[x] FerrariFlunker's Ban Appeal

FerrariFlunker's Ban Appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your "ban" is not just a votekick?

I am positive that it was not a votekick. 

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

My name is FerrariFlunker.

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

I was playing on aloha.pk tower of babel.

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your "little brother" got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

About one year ago, I was banned for having an esp hack.  I admit my mistake, for I was an unexperienced, immature player.  I got permanently banned.  Not knowing the existence of aloha.pk, I figured that my Ace Of Spades days were over.  About 6 months ago,  I had been unbanned, and was free to play Ace Of Spades.  I deleted all of my hacks and focused on becoming an honest, helpful, and trustworthy player.  I have recently joined the Aloha.pk community and have become good friends with many of the staff members.  I would like to add that I did not use any hacks to unban myself. 

After about 5 months of playing Ace Of Spades, making friends, playing the amazing game (without hacks), I decided to play aloha.pk tower of babel, since aloha.pk 24/7 rlctf hallway was full of annoying greifers…  I was helping build the staircase when I get this message from ei8htx, an admin who was also on the server.  It read this:  "Ferrari, ban evasion will not be tolerated" (Quote by ei8htx)      And then I was banned.  I pm'ed ei8htx asking him to review his decision, and make sure he has not confused me with another person. His answer was this.  (You should be able to see an image of his response at the bottom of this appeal)

Now I am not blaming this on ei8htx. That is not what I'm here to write about. I realize that all he was doing was his job. I applaud him for that.  This shows he was checking everyone's past on the babel server, which is true dedication for an admin.  Good job ei8htx.

I am here to say that my days of hacking have been well behind me for quite some time.  I would like to focus on further becoming a kind, trustworthy player, and play the game further into the future.  I want a clean slate, and make sure the admins, gaurds, and moderators realize that I can be trusted, and my past can be forgotten.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

I should be unbanned because I am very sorry about my actions in the past.  I have made an effort to make a reputation of myself as a helpful player, both on servers and on aloha.pk.  My favorite pastime is taking screenshots of cool builds on AOS servers, and posting it on aloha.pk.  My days of hacking are over, I assure you. If I can please get support from anyone who agrees with my appeal, it would be much appreciated…  Please be intelligent in what you say.  I thank you for reading this ban appeal, and I hope I see many fellow players on aloha servers soon. Thanks!

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

Approximately 5:33 pm (CTZ)  Date: 9/6/2013

Your ban will expire on Sun Nov 3 08:51:29 PST 2013. Also the reason you thought you were unbanned was because your IP changed. You shouldn’t have been playing either way as you had full knowledge of your ban.

Thank you Color. I appreciate you responding to my appeal… I do have a few questions:

How did my IP change without me changing/hacking it?

How is it “not legal” for me to play if I had no knowledge of myself evading a ban? I simply thought that time had ended the ban, and I was once again free to play.

Why is my ban so long? I did have a ban for 6 months before I could get back on…

I hope I am not coming across as being disrespectful and rude asking these questions… I am already tired of playing on the CallOfLiberty babel server, due to the constant lag, and the extreme amount of hackers. I now appreciate the precision and moderation of aloha servers, and I am hoping that I can play them again… I also miss talking to the intelligent people on the hallway server, for I have made good friends there :frowning: … I am once again sorry that I used the hack in the far past, and it is hurting/affecting me so far into the future. If this is the administration’s final decision, then I thank you for your time, and I thank you for eventually letting me play. I do hope you can review you decision :frowning:

Thanks for reading,

FerrariFlunker

How did my IP change without me changing/hacking it?
You most likely have a dynamic IP which changes regularly. Or if you had a black out, your modem was unplugged for a while that could also be.
How is it "not legal" for me to play if I had no knowledge of myself evading a ban? I simply thought that time had ended the ban, and I was once again free to play.
Simply put, I don't fully believe you that you had no knowledge of your ban. There is a pretty big gap in my logs from when you got banned to when you returned. (~3 million lines cap of you not joining an aloha server. Yes the logs are that big.)
Why is my ban so long? I did have a ban for 6 months before I could get back on...
Let's see, over the course of your ban till now, you have entered 433 times. I looked even further in my logs and found things that I just couldn't let happen again.

WHO HERE HAS AIMBOT???..(im not an admin dont worry)
lol with my hacks i could c your names, where u were, and i had aimbot
And then this:
really man. go hack on another server. get a life. your not funny, u have no

No just NO!

I hope I am not coming across as being disrespectful and rude asking these questions... I am already tired of playing on the CallOfLiberty babel server, due to the constant lag, and the extreme amount of hackers. I now appreciate the precision and moderation of aloha servers, and I am hoping that I can play them again... I also miss talking to the intelligent people on the hallway server, for I have made good friends there :( ... I am once again sorry that I used the hack in the far past, and it is hurting/affecting me so far into the future. If this is the administration's final decision, then I thank you for your time, and I thank you for eventually letting me play. I do hope you can review you decision :(

Not disrespectful or rude but more like can’t handle the punishment. Maybe if you’re tired of playing CallOfLiberty you should realize how the other players felt when you were hacking. Ever think of that? How did the other players feel?

Anyway if you want to get unbanned earlier, I could offer you to do something. I will either remove your ban completely or shorten it for a few days if you complete this task.

Idea from: http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=3714.msg33127#msg33127
Task:
Write a 5 paragraph essay on why hacking is bad. This essay will include 3 points on why hacking is bad. One point for each of the body paragraphs. The introduction will consist of your personality, what you like, who you are, why you hacked. The conclusion will include a summary of your points as well as what you will do to not let this happen in the future. The length of this essay will be 2 pages or 1000 words. Which ever you would like.

After this, post it here and I’ll do what I promised you. Either a full unban or a few days of a ban.

I would like to see when those quotes are dated… Those were when I just came back on from being banned. I was still a young, immature player… You said this quote was unacceptable:

" really man. go hack on another server. get a life. your not funny, u have no (life)" - quote by FerrariFlunker

Yes I was saying this with the other players on hallway, because the hacker was using a teleportation hack, and we were forced to stand there and watch him instantly and repeatedly kill us all. We were sick and tired of his shenanigans, and were waiting for the admin to log on.

Plus you should not only look at the negative. If you want more “proof”, look at logs from earlier this month, such as before I got banned. I was nice to players, congratulated them on good shots, and helped make the server an overall better experience. I have changed a lot over the last 5 months. Nobody is perfect in this world. At some point in our life, we have all made mistakes we wish we could take back… Thanks for the other idea… I shall look into it if this explanation doesn’t resolve the issue. Like I already don’t have enough homework ;D ::slight_smile:

Thanks for reading,

FerrariFlunker

I would like to see when those quotes are dated... Those were when I just came back on from being banned. I was still a young, immature player...
All the quotes are dated the same day you were banned the first time. Which is ~9 months ago. Yes, you were 9 months younger back then.
You said this quote was unacceptable:

" really man. go hack on another server. get a life. your not funny, u have no (life)" - quote by FerrariFlunker

Yes I was saying this with the other players on hallway, because the hacker was using a teleportation hack, and we were forced to stand there and watch him instantly and repeatedly kill us all. We were sick and tired of his shenanigans, and were waiting for the admin to log on.

It’s just the irony that you are a hacker and you told someone that.

Plus you should not only look at the negative. If you want more "proof", look at logs from earlier this month, such as before I got banned. I was nice to players, congratulated them on good shots, and helped make the server an overall better experience. I have changed a lot over the last 5 months. Nobody is perfect in this world. At some point in our life, we have all made mistakes we wish we could take back... Thanks for the other idea... I shall look into it if this explanation doesn't resolve the issue. Like I already don't have enough homework ;D ::)
Yes people make mistakes and should take the consequences rather then trying to get an easy way out. My essay offer will only stay open until next Sunday. If you truly are sorry for what you did, writing this essay shouldn't be too much work.

Hello readers,

I would first like to say that I am working on the essay in my free time, and that it should be on here soon… I would also like to report that I was able to get onto aloha.pk rlctf 24/7 hallway. I went onto Build and Shoot, and for old time sake, tried getting onto my favorite server. And rather surprisingly, it started loading. I looked at the map, used a few blocks, and made sure I was actually playing on the server. I had truly got on… Not wanting to be evading the ban, I am reporting it here, and hopefully Colorpinpoint or another staff member will see this, and fix the problem.

Thanks,
FerrariFlunker

Ok. DON’T JOIN NEXT TIME. Don’t even let the map load. You have a dynamic IP and it changes so DON’T try joining.

Ok…I’m sorry :frowning: goes and hides in corner :’(

I am holding a short, little poll for people on the forums. Unfortunately, thanks to my math teacher :), I did not have the time to complete the essay that I was suggested to write. I am interested in what people think about my appeal, and if they believe the decision is fair… I am going to be blatantly honest and say that I believe that the admin’s decision is not fair and just, and needs to be re-thought. It is right to say that I can not take my ban… I can’t take it not playing AOS. The servers are missing a very intelligent, kind player. 'Tis a shame… Please vote.

Are you seriously kidding me? I give you a chance to get an unban/few days of ban by writing a 1000 word essay and you think that is a harsh decision? Maybe I should cancel it and just leave your ban to be permanent? A poll won’t change my mind, it would waste my time. Maybe you should have thought about the consequences before you commit the crime? And to be nice, It’s been 2 weeks and you can’t write a measly 1000 word essay on what I stated? Doesn’t seem like you want to face your consequences and that you thought you could get away with it.

You said it was due two Sundays ago… So I did not have two weeks, more like 4 days…

Yes and you said you had homework so I gave you longer to do it and yet you still haven’t done it. Either way, going with the poll and not going with the poll, both have the same outcome of the ban not being shortened.

I am quite sick of you Color… I have tried to be nice to you, but yet you give me smart answers. All the other admins you see are very helpful and understanding… How about you chew on this… I had a very fun time playing on aloha.pk 24/7 hallway today. Yes that is right. I played on an aloha server. To tell you the truth, I have done it since my ban. I believe that is called ban evasion… Ironic is that not? You ban me for ban evasion, and somehow, I evade the ban… Oh I can envision your anger right now. It is sad that you drive players to this sort of behavior. Isn’t it? Before my ban I was ready to get a trusted password, be a friend to everyone, help on aloha.pk, but nooooooo. I now urge you to type some comment like “oh your banned permanetly”… oh yea that’s right… I already am ::slight_smile:

Truly in your face,
Ferrari

Ok you are now banned permanently. Frankly this is all your fault, I gave you far too many chances to redeem yourself and yet you made excuses and blame me for driving you to this point while you were the one who used hacks to begin with and can’t deal with the consequences.

ps. Hi Batman, You’ll be taken care of the same way other people like you are taken care of

I think that I played with you before, And I am pretty sure you hacked. And also don’t take your anger out on the person that is basically your last chance. That is incredibly stupid. D¦<

Lol, glad you could do some digging in the logs… Well as for my friends I want to make a shout out. There will never be a person under the name of FerrariFlunker in the aloha.pk servers… Or Batman for that matter.

Adios amigos. I shall not see you guys for a while…

Hey I saw this player on a lot the past few days… He kept hacking and getting banned, but kept coming back short after… Ferrari was kinda a nice guy. He used his hacks only to kill the other hackers in the game. The other hackers got annoyed and left. Anyways, just wanted to commend Ferrari and notify the admins…

Mind if I just say what I think on this, admins? Hopefully you won’t.

I think what you said here:

Is kind of hard to determine whether you want him banned or unbanned.

If you want him unbanned, assuming what you said from here:

Doesn’t matter if he hacked to kill other hackers. Rules in aloha.pk clearly state that no one should hack to kill other hackers. Instead, report on IRC, use /admin, /votekick, or record a footage and post them here. Thus, let’s not necrothread.

Ah perhaps Yamanashi meant nothing along those lines at all… Perhaps he was simply making aware of Ferrari's return.

• Every man is wise when attacked by a mad dog; fewer when pursued by a mad woman; only the wisest survive when attacked by a mad notion.      -Robertson Davies

I am in deep gratitude to Yamanashi for making my return relevant…  I thank you Yamanashi, you have done me a favor. 

Many have thought they could hold me back.

But I tell them this…

Good Luck.

-.jpg