Admin Abuse: Powers, Position, and Bullying

+1 even though I’m one of those other people you’re saying don’t have sense q-q

I wrote most staff members, but nice try :wink: Also, there’s less of a chance for a resolution using the anonymous section than this. Specifics must be brought up and official responses made. As well, Torch has been very considerate up to this circumstance and so have I with my posts. Your not treating Torch as another member of the community. Random players get more respect than Torch, who’s an active member of the community and has contributed in a positive way. Also there’s no place for this foul language.

If you just give me a server and a staff member that isn’t involved in this that can record. (I know you have your codes, but it is just easier if they aren’t directly involved. Someone like Muffin would be great.) I’ll walk the person through step-by-step what happened and where I was throughout the entire process. You can look at times and decide then if what I did was impossible or not. If you aren’t willing to do this for someone that didn’t have proof presented against them then I can only assume this is all just one big staff prank. Danke WASN’T even spectating me during the “impossible shot”. So how can he ban me for something that he didn’t even witness? How are you all blindly backing up Danke when you know he didn’t even witness the shot? Do you have no conscience at all or do you just blindly follow everyone?

One server, the map, one admin (preferably three for three recordings: one in pubovl, one in third person spec just flying around showing a bird’s eye view, and one person showing danke’s point of view) and I can prove I wasn’t hacking.

The Topovl tool used by staff allows us to immediately switch to a player. Torch from what I understand, Danke banned you because you spawned by the tent and shot him through the ground. Not because you rushed up and jumped nto the water. It sounds like a lie because you keep changing your story. First you said you had shot him from near the tent. Then you said what you said above. I further believe Danke because when he went to you, you were happily beginning to climb up the tower tent side, and not pillaring up from the water side. Also you were almost definitely banned by a player ID and not your name, so the name glitch is out of the question.

I never said I shot him from near my tent??? You guys need to go reread what I said. I haven’t changed my story, but I have changed the details given depending on what each question was specifically asking.

If you have committed such an act, then what’s stopping Danke from doing the same. As well, yes Danke could have just banned Torch on the forums, but that would have been one douche move that would have helped prove Torch’s point and I can see how much most of the staff wants to do that. With this whole accusation of hacking, there’s now a false reason to ban Torch and cover this whole thing up while ruining Torches reputation in the process.

Talk is cheap. Show us the evidence.

i’m late to the party but i had a few things to say(i will probably make a more detailled post tomorrow or something)
i’m not as active in the aos community anymore so i may not know some facts but i think that won’t matter

first i wanted to state some points about ace and that bullying scandal:
after he got banned from the discord server i added him as friend to talk about the scandal but then he quickly had to go, so we talked on the next day. i talked about how annoying he was acting in the discord server but then he responded and said that he wasn’t annoying at all(?) because he is so young he just didn’t realize all of his mistakes and to be honest(as torch said) every bad thing and the consequences are fully justified but the reactions from us, the community was just sad. i don’t remember completely anymore what exactly happened(i don’t even know if you can call it bullying) but it was basically multiple people picking on one young kid, who doesn’t fully understand what he had done wrong and why he was getting declined by the majority. so back to the chat: i told him i wanted to help him to stop acting like an ‘idiot’ in the discord server and his response was ‘you are the idiot here’. this just shows that he doesn’t completely think about the actions he is doing at that moment, but he was ‘sad/depressed’ because of all the peer pressure on him. that is all i have to say about it(im tired sorry if theres nonsense in there)

now i wanted to talk about the apparent abuse that you talked about: when i was a staff member in early 2015 and was one until summer 2015 i have NEVER senn or witnessed any abuse by any staff member, doesn’t matter if it’s in the IRC or ingame. i also think it’s complete nonsense that lower ranked staff members have to record at least 30 minutes of evidence, while the higher ranked ones don’t have to record at all. when i have recorded evidence i never had to record over 5 minutes and i think that applies to most people. some people couldn’t even record any evidence because of their bad pc specifications.

now to the removal of your trusted password and babel platform abuse:
i’m not a native english speaker but even i know what the word ‘trusted’ means; you can’t expect to use a glitch(even if it is by accident) and then keep your trusted status. if the staff doesn’t trust you anymore then it’s completely fine that you get your stuff removed. i am pretty sure that noone removed it out of salt or because they have the power, the entire staff probably discussed the removal of your trust so you can’t expect a single BK to just remove it because of the apparent salt. i don’t know but imo it’s common sense that you shouldn’t be able to walk on a invisible platform and then shoot at people, it’s just abuse of a glitch and i don’t get why you were waiting for someone to warn you or anything. obviously i haven’t seen the evidence but i just go by facts by now.

when my moderator status was removed i was mad, but i understood my wrongdoings a year later and clearly understand why it was removed. i think you will also realize that soon, i am pretty sure.

p.s i will maybe write a more detailled post tomorrow (really tired right now) with proper grammar and a good structure so you can actually read what i have to say but i dont think its necessary since i said most of what i wanted to say

Everyone wants to avoid another Chappy situation.

Why are you saying this is another Chappy situation? This could be another Zeldo situation.

Edit:

Yeah, i know Danke is a pretty experienced guy but he’s a human and sure he can make mistakes. http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=7636.msg69873#msg69873

i also don’t like the rule that guards must have to get an evidence to ban someone for 6 hours and admins can ban people permanently without any evidence. I mean, at least get some evidence when you’re banning an old, trusted or higher ranked player. Torch is also an incredible good player and i believe he’s being honest here. So, as many people i’d say the same:

#UnbanTorch

Torch, it seems to me that you’re on a mission to lure out faults from anyone who has any kind of “position” and pull down our already overstressed manpower. gee thanks for the help, said sarcasm.

OK, so you have my attention, but i can’t help you when you assume so much and criticize others without first examining yourself.

my perspective? Danke has a good head. as does Froe. i’ve been through countless heavy episodes with both of them over the past 4+ years. you haven’t proved the slightest bit of anything that would question my stance about either of them.

you’ve been picking on Danke lately… don’t you know he has selflessly (opposite of selfishly) invested more of himself into aloha.pk than we’d ever know? he even avoids recognition when good things happen as a direct result of his efforts. and he’s careful, he puts a lot of thought into everything he does. he’s not perfect, but i know he’s not afraid to go out of his way to question himself and man up whenever he realizes he made a mistake. convincing yourself that you know something evil about him that the rest of us are clueless about is as ridiculous as your overly defensive excuses, e.g.:

what kind of fools do you think we are?

regardless of whether you were cheating or Danke made a mistake, the bottom line is you’re banned and Danke believes there’s good reason for it. just be genuine if you really want to help us, and more importantly yourself. please stop attacking Danke and us. your aggression is a huge turn off. get me?

the attitude you showed in that reply isn’t what aloha.pk is about. we make a lot of effort to NOT be that way, but you seem to have a preconceived notion about us that is very similar to your own attitude. i realize that kind of attitude is a survival mode for dealing with most of the internet, but it just doesn’t fly in our little corner. we’re not out to get you, ok? let it go, try a different approach, because the approach you’ve been taking isn’t helpful for you or us or anyone.

i suggest rereading topo’s well-thought-out reply to this thread until you’re able to perceive us from a different angle.

That’s what this thread was. Me being genuine.

You apparently didn’t get it. That whole thread was meant to be a joke just like most of my threads are. I thought it was obvious when I was using sayings as stupid as “I have all the cards”. Could you really imagine someone saying that to you with a straight face in real life when talking about a video game? It’s supposed to be ridiculous. If you can’t handle my sarcasm, I’m sorry I offended you. I’m just a class clown at heart. The thread’s point was to find out who here knew how to code that I could discuss some solutions with without all the community “pitching in” their ideas and making the few good suggestions get buried under a bunch of nonsense. The end was I did find someone and sent them the info and they were more than welcome to share the info with all the other admins that wanted to know.

Some examples of me being completely silly and/or sarcastic:

it was all just a social experiment

It’s just a prank bro…look!..there’s the camera!

silly me, i thought the purpose of that thread was to actually help us fix a glitch that we consider as serious, as we do for all glitches, cheats, etc.

i’ll just presume this thread and your ban appeals are jokes too

Watch out, he’s going to demand that you hand over aloha and apologize

If you read what I said, that was the next goal. If you’re sitting in a hospital bed sick with cancer, wouldn’t your first goal be to get better and not to go for a stroll in Paris? There is a chronological order to how people do things. And this thread as well as the Ban Appeal are obviously not jokes. I do understand you are uptight about your friend’s authority/admin skills/honesty being questioned, but you are acting immature as well now by attacking me right back and joining in the mudslinging. You are telling me to reflect when I’m the one who was put in this position. I was put here by Danke. By making this ban without proof he made the only way for me to fight for an unban to be to fight his word. If he would’ve had even a few seconds of video, we could’ve argued about the proof. When none is given and all possible reasons for the occurrence Danke just dismisses as “lol” then there’s not much I can do, but create a thread like this.

Also, it’s sad to see people come to Danke’s defense only just for the sake of him being a friend and not seeing the injustice here. I get that he has thousands upon thousands of good bans under his belt, but that makes him an extremely likely candidate for a mistake just due to probability. The chance of you winning the lottery is very slim, but the chance of you winning the lottery twice is even slimmer. Danke himself doesn’t even know how I managed to get to the tower so quickly, so it’s not like you can say this isn’t a luck or probability issue and that it was just him cold-hard spectating, but that isn’t the case. I’m getting banned because of his unbelief, so yes my word should be worth more than his in this position because he wasn’t even observing me at the time of the shot. I’m not “attacking” him for no reason. Please don’t act as if my reaction isn’t expected. As a random AoS player that was banned after many many days if not weeks worth of time being spectated and with no real reason to just start hacking out of the blue, it makes sense for me to be even more upset than I actually am. Don’t act like Danke doesn’t expect this type of treatment either when basically all of his posts are like this:

What was the point in this? Does this really look like the post from someone that is dedicating tons of time to Aloha just for the good of the community? Let’s not be silly. We don’t do work for no reason. We help friends move because we want them to be there for us as well or because it gives us gratification to do it. All of his work has not been completely unselfishly done. Danke himself in one of the other threads debunks your thinking that he’s just such a giving guy and does this unselfishly.

It’s okay to accept that the guy is a jerk to people sometimes just like I am. I think we can all handle it. Taking an extreme stance opposite of whatever I say just because he’s your friend and you want to defend him just leaves us all wasting our time instead of solving the actual issues I brought up and the overhanging problems that caused this symptom of me being banned. I know I called for “Danke & Monsta to apologize” and people were telling me how ridiculous that was, but it was my ideal scenario. An apology won’t hurt anything except their pride. Monsta has justification however to argue that he doesn’t need to, but still, this is just my personal ideal and not everyones. I completely understand if/when this doesn’t happen. The root issue I think that needs to be solved though is that all admins should be recording evidence not to prove they are right, but to prove the other person is wrong. What’s better than just trusting is to trust with some verification to back up that trust. “Trusting” is a foolish way to act in a court process or judicial process and makes you look like a fool if you’re wrong and just lucky if you’re right. The other issue I would like solved is I think it would benefit the community as a whole to have a very detailed list of what is and isn’t allowed on the server. Once again, this is not because your admins aren’t good enough or this and that, but so the players don’t get banned because their “common sense” varied from the admins. A nice pinned post will keep everyone happy. Things that would be great to go over in the post would be things like what glitches are allowed and aren’t allowed. What the punishment process is like for continual spamming or other things deemed bad. The punishment process doesn’t have to be followed by the book, but it would give people an idea of the general expected severity of the punishment for the crime. I also think it would be valuable to have a “max acceptable gun model size” specification put in there. It can be on the lax side or on the stricter side, that’s up to you. It would be nice to know what is the max sized gun you can use safely without having to worry about being banned for ESP.

I finally got to look at the logs more in depth. So Danke teleported silently to you and then he respawned almost immediately after he did (he stayed there for 1 second)

So when Torch shot Danke, Danke said:
[2016 12 July Tuesday 12:50:14] <babel_aloha> what
About 15 seconds after that, Danke teleports to Torch:
[2016 12 July Tuesday 12:50:25] <babel_aloha> * Contracugar became invisible
[2016 12 July Tuesday 12:50:29] <babel_aloha> * Contracugar silently teleported to [Rev] Torch

And just one second after that Danke respawns. Babel has a 16 second respawn clock. You killed Danke almost IMMEDIATELY after you respawned. The logs aren’t giving you any chances. That means you used at least 2, probably 3 hacks including noclip, aimbot and/or ESP. Each team runs on the exact same spawn clock.

I don’t really get the explanation. When I see the logs I see me proven to be innocent. He didn’t teleport to me until 15 seconds after I had shot him. 15 seconds is more than enough time to walk up to the tower that he says was impossible for me to be at so quickly. (that is why my ban was given not because the shot through the sliver was so hard to do) I don’t see how my respawn factors into your explanation at all because you didn’t post the timestamp for when I was shot, only my shot on Danke. Sorry, if it’s obvious and I just don’t get what you’re saying.

Monstarules is making a clearer post in your ban appeal. Comments regarding your ban should be dealt with there.

Torch, let’s be honest, don’t you think this has gone far enough?
You know that ever since the beginning even though I believed in your innocence, I had never agreed with this disrespectful and aggressive topic pointing the flaws on whoever has any type of high position here. I could see why you were upset about what was supposedly “unfair” since you got banned without significant evidence, and that part is entirely understandable, first we agreed that you should have gotten at least the benefit of the doubt. But honestly, you turned this situation into a big joke.
Seriously, when you posted this thread basically attacking, disrespecting and slightly even accusing certain individuals of the staff, also exposing your will to have respected admins to get " demoted and reprimanded " for your personal interests, you lost any credibility you could possibly have in this matter.
And even if this didn’t sound as ridiculous as it did, why would they do any of that just because you wanted? You justified your words with the idea that you wanted to bring some kind of justice or whatever, but even tho they could have made mistakes about your first and even second ban, I am sure they would recognize their wrongdoing if that was the case, just like they surely have done before, so just because they hypothetically made a mistake with you, out of many great things they have done for the community, they should get…huh… “punished”?
You shall remember about when I got banned years ago for an actual mistake, and in the beginning they were actually accusing me, but yet they recognized their wrongdoings and apologized for that, and I’m sure this wasn’t the only time something like that happened, and i’m sure this goes against your idea of such evil admins.
In regards to your ban, you know that there were many different ways to discuss about its injustice and clarify things without starting such a drama, I told you that, but you insisted to continue with this unpleasant situation that ain’t leading us anywhere. But I guess the matter stopped being just " you getting unbanned" and turned into a try for bringing some sort of justice to what you seem to consider such a unfair community.
If your intention was to improve the way this community works, this thread was the worst way you could try to make it, mainly in the way you said what you wanted to say.
Like c’mon, I know you probably better than anyone here, and when I read both your ban appeals ( the one when you got banned for glitching and this current one ) all I could think was: what happened to you?
I’m not defending any side, but I cannot understand how you could possibly wish to have any respect from them when you wouldn’t treat them with any respect first?
This seems like a big hypocrisy to me.