Admin Abuse: Powers, Position, and Bullying

The shot Torch made was 100% possible. If you believe that shot ain’t possible, then you need to sharpen up on your aos skills. Torch has, and because of this he made the shot. Furthermore, Torch has learned from his mistake, you have not. Where’s the ESP trap? Where’s the proof? All you have is the word of one man.

If a man told you to jump off a bridge, would you? Maybe Danke’s lying. Chappy lied. Broaden your perspectives.

Why would Danke lie? Do you seriously think someone in his position would lie or do something like ban someone out of salt?

Why would I lie? Why would I after all these years and the $5 or so I’ve put into this server? Honestly, I thought at first Danke, was just trolling me considering his responses in my Ban Appeal thread. Hardly, what I would consider the responses of an admin who just saw someone hack, but moreso the responses of someone that is just trolling someone else for enjoyment.

But ----- The more likely thing is that Danke is just mistaken. And that is why proof SHOULD be required of all bans, if nothing other than to get Torches to shut up and be proven wrong.

Maybe because he just simply doesn’t like Torch or doesn’t want any problems. My interpretation of the goal of this organization/community would be to gain players and prosper. Though when conflicts arises in the organization, the leader would want order. Danke seemed willing enough to just ban torch without evidence thinking he just fixed a “problem”.

After being absent from Halo 1 for two whole years, I had decided to start up the old application again. After searching the server list for something that met my criteria, I found the perfect server which was populated, just as aloha is today. Shortly after I had begun playing the game, some admin started trash talking me. At first I did nothing, since he was acting irrationally. I had never met the admin on that server, nor have I negativity towards anyone there. I found this quite odd. You would think a video game with a dying community cough, cough, aos would be nicer to players, since they’re the ones populating the servers allowing everyone to continue and enjoy the game, especially when the players are nice and trying to get involved. If I were a first time player joining a server such as this one and being treated the way I was, then I would be extremely discouraged. I would feel the rage that Ace felt. After responding to the admin telling him "please stop”, he continued. I never responded back and because of this he kicked me. If things continue this way, with the people voicing their opinions getting banned, then the community will die fast. U shouldn’t make these types of decisions just because you have power. What would happen if you were on the hot seat? Seems like most of the aloha staff just wants opinion less and mindless players running around and if things get too calm, then they would find a person to pic on.

I would like to make a statement. You should just take this to PM instead of making a gigantic drama show. That’s not really a suggestion either. There is no place for all of this shit shooting except in the anonymous section or a PM. Please just take it to there. Also, please stop throwing the “The staff are all biased” card. Every staff member agrees to a code that we strictly follow, andit would be against our code to do ANYTHING out of salt.

Torch, you seem to be the only well known person who seems to have run into a case of “admin abuse”. Most cases of “abuse” happen to be ban appeals by highly volatile people who are so desperate to get out of being in trouble that they pull that card. I highly doubt a well known, veteran (possibly founding father) of aloha would suddenly ban you because he is angry. Just so you know, the aloha staff all live by a code. THAT CODE IS HONORED BY US ALL. We DO NOT abuse that code, or we would be abusing aloha. One of the major outlines OF THAT CODE is that we DO NOT make bans or decisions based on our emotions, or personal opinions. We view EVERYONE as equal when they are banned, from AceTheKing to izzy, EVERYONE gets the equal treatment. On aloha, the banned person decides how they get treated. The staff does their best to treat people the way they deserve to be treated. But we NEVER be discourteous to people. THIS MEANS that if someone’s being a disrespectful person, we still try to respect them. When said person is being extremely disrespectful, haughty, obnoxious and demanding all at the same time, even the staff can lose respect for that person. Torch, we have given you every chance. EVERY MOMENT, to allow you to be forthcoming. I don’t care how religeous you are, religeon has nothing to do with things. I’ve seen a ban appeal where someone kept saying they swore to god, on their mother, that they were innocent only to have damning evidence placed on them. While there is no recording, YOU CANNOT take one of the oldest staff member’s statements and just toss it aside saying “Lol lag”, or “lol abuse”. IT DOES NOT ADD UP. Out of all of the thousands of bans that Danke has made, he admits when he is wrong, which is on an extremely rare occasion.

I’m interested about your said shots that got you banned. More exactly, how you managed to shoot Danke through the and possibly some tunnels from your spawn while you were on level ground. Danke is a programmer. He would know if there was a programming/lag issue. His coding, as well as every other staff members is what makes aloha’s servers run. Do you know how hard everyone is trying to give you some benefit of the doubt? I’m not sure if I am allowed to say this but the staff is working nonstop to try and re-create what you did. Just like when ei8htx did what he did. We have been trying and trying to find any possible way to re-create this, and from what I’ve seen, it’s not looking like it’s in your favor. When on the programming level, the staff cannot find any minutely plausible way that you could have done this without hacking or glitching (so far). Torch, we don’t care if you lie anymore, the truth is here. We all now know this truth. Additionally, please stop posting here after this. Aloha is a family. Last I checked, we weren’t the Hatfields or McCoys either. We are tight knit and it takes so much to cause this much pain. To the [Rev] members, I am sorry, but no matter how hard you look at this, it is almost 100% not possible that he is innocent. Just like when the community was angered over Chappy, there is anger over this. Grieving and denia are some of the acceptance stages, brothers and sisters. You need to accept this as fast as possible.

Kubz, it is awesome that you are willing to defend your friend. It is a very honorable thing. As for your story, that is a very sad story, but that has never happened here on aloha. It wont happen. The staff would get rid of anyone in power who would ever think of doing that. This community is run mostly by the players, and as a staff member, it is my job to help as much as I can behind the scenes so everyone can have an enjoyable experience. Times like these, where someone tries to make a small occurence into a big issue is when we tend to drop out of the shadows. Another thing in the staff code is to give people the benefit of the doubt. However, in this situation, there is no doubt in the staff member’s decisions. Remember, Kubz, that the staff also do not let personal feelings or opinions get in the way of their judgement. Such an act cost me my postion last time, when I was staff before. I can tell you from experience, that our staff do not let personal feelings or opinions get in the way of judgement, or else they are swiftly reprimanded. It hurts me, and if I may say, most of our staff if you think we don’t care about the players. We do our best to cater to them as we can. Most people view the staff as bouncers, or sentries. In reality, we are more like people here to serve everyone else, and not just to ban hackers. People can voice their uh…opinions on why they were banned, but when we try to answer them, we are just geting shit thrown at us and the response of “NO YOU DON’T LISTEN TO ME”, or “But you’re wrong because you are not me”. Kubz, the majority of the players are seeing that this was not done out of salt, and for a legitimate reason. That’s why it seems like everyone is ganging up on him. Oh and to answer your thing about Danke not wanting “problems”, he would have just banned Torch from the forums if he really wanted him gone. Just think on that.

Anyways, that’s all I have to say.

While talking to Kuunikal I realized something. Danke said that as soon as I had shot him he teleported to me. He was actively playing in the game not just searching for hackers. He was underground and where I shot him from he should not have been able to see me go on the tower. It is only reasonable to think that if you got shot underground where you thought you were concealed that that’s where you would think the person is that just shot you, so when you respawn that’s where you’re going to go check to kill that person back. So why is it okay for an admin that is actively engaged in the game to teleport around and find the location of people every time they die even if they are worried about hackers? He should have had to check both the tower area and the tunnel system he was in not just the tower since he saw me go in that direction even though he couldn’t have with the normal death cam. I don’t see how this is fair irregardless of whether anyone thinks I was hacking or not. (Once again, I don’t see how Danke can just go around saying people are hackers and banning them without the community at least scratching their head a little.)

(I typed this up before I read your post Monsta. I’ll respond after this edit)

But see this is the problem. You say you don’t want a drama show but then you post a paragraph right back. This is the double standard that is repeated throughout all of this. It would make sense if this was your first post right in the beginning, but you felt like putting your $0.02 in just like the rest of us. I posted this here for discussion since obviously Danke is fixated on being right without any evidence. And this is sadly the only chance to get me unbanned without lying. Yes, I realized it was a chance and there are heavy odds of that being no.

Yes, I understand you have a code, but we have laws in the US. Guess what, we break them from time to time sometimes on accident and sometimes on purpose. Just because you have a code doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to break. And once again, I have been completely honest throughout this entire process. You guys are ignoring the obvious. You say bans aren’t allowed to be made out of passion, but yet my ban was done without even proper spectating. He snapped to me for spectating AFTER I killed him and banned me within a minute or two.

How about you include the key player that knows best what happened while you recreate all this? I NEVER said I was at ground level. I was shot on the tower by Danke. I had a very short respawn timer (probably around 3 seconds) and I spawned near the tent. I walked straight from the tent and jumped over the short wall there and saw the two high brown spot. I jumped in the water like in Danke’s picture and shot him. I then sprinted from there towards the tower and built up. And why can’t I post anymore here? Seriously? This entire ban is based off of talk, so why are you trying to shut me down when I even posted in the Whatevah’s section? And my clan is none of your business. Talk about starting drama, how about you shut your mouth about other people’s clans that have NOTHING to do with the ban or ban appeal process. No one has mentioned Rev so far. That’s you instigating drama while trying to act like you’re being the one mature here.

And if Danke would’ve let me on the server when it was empty from the beginning I could’ve shown him exactly what I did. I could’ve showed him exactly what he was hypothesizing as soon as I joined because it’s the truth. I don’t have to create some complex story because I know what I did.

But if you guys are still recreating things why can’t you just include me? Host the map on an extra server or something and I’ll show you my exact movements and you can time it and everything.

Edit: I’m not getting into this sorry

Lol thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only person with a Small bit of sense on this thread. GG man

+1 even though I’m one of those other people you’re saying don’t have sense q-q

I wrote most staff members, but nice try :wink: Also, there’s less of a chance for a resolution using the anonymous section than this. Specifics must be brought up and official responses made. As well, Torch has been very considerate up to this circumstance and so have I with my posts. Your not treating Torch as another member of the community. Random players get more respect than Torch, who’s an active member of the community and has contributed in a positive way. Also there’s no place for this foul language.

If you just give me a server and a staff member that isn’t involved in this that can record. (I know you have your codes, but it is just easier if they aren’t directly involved. Someone like Muffin would be great.) I’ll walk the person through step-by-step what happened and where I was throughout the entire process. You can look at times and decide then if what I did was impossible or not. If you aren’t willing to do this for someone that didn’t have proof presented against them then I can only assume this is all just one big staff prank. Danke WASN’T even spectating me during the “impossible shot”. So how can he ban me for something that he didn’t even witness? How are you all blindly backing up Danke when you know he didn’t even witness the shot? Do you have no conscience at all or do you just blindly follow everyone?

One server, the map, one admin (preferably three for three recordings: one in pubovl, one in third person spec just flying around showing a bird’s eye view, and one person showing danke’s point of view) and I can prove I wasn’t hacking.

The Topovl tool used by staff allows us to immediately switch to a player. Torch from what I understand, Danke banned you because you spawned by the tent and shot him through the ground. Not because you rushed up and jumped nto the water. It sounds like a lie because you keep changing your story. First you said you had shot him from near the tent. Then you said what you said above. I further believe Danke because when he went to you, you were happily beginning to climb up the tower tent side, and not pillaring up from the water side. Also you were almost definitely banned by a player ID and not your name, so the name glitch is out of the question.

I never said I shot him from near my tent??? You guys need to go reread what I said. I haven’t changed my story, but I have changed the details given depending on what each question was specifically asking.

If you have committed such an act, then what’s stopping Danke from doing the same. As well, yes Danke could have just banned Torch on the forums, but that would have been one douche move that would have helped prove Torch’s point and I can see how much most of the staff wants to do that. With this whole accusation of hacking, there’s now a false reason to ban Torch and cover this whole thing up while ruining Torches reputation in the process.

Talk is cheap. Show us the evidence.

i’m late to the party but i had a few things to say(i will probably make a more detailled post tomorrow or something)
i’m not as active in the aos community anymore so i may not know some facts but i think that won’t matter

first i wanted to state some points about ace and that bullying scandal:
after he got banned from the discord server i added him as friend to talk about the scandal but then he quickly had to go, so we talked on the next day. i talked about how annoying he was acting in the discord server but then he responded and said that he wasn’t annoying at all(?) because he is so young he just didn’t realize all of his mistakes and to be honest(as torch said) every bad thing and the consequences are fully justified but the reactions from us, the community was just sad. i don’t remember completely anymore what exactly happened(i don’t even know if you can call it bullying) but it was basically multiple people picking on one young kid, who doesn’t fully understand what he had done wrong and why he was getting declined by the majority. so back to the chat: i told him i wanted to help him to stop acting like an ‘idiot’ in the discord server and his response was ‘you are the idiot here’. this just shows that he doesn’t completely think about the actions he is doing at that moment, but he was ‘sad/depressed’ because of all the peer pressure on him. that is all i have to say about it(im tired sorry if theres nonsense in there)

now i wanted to talk about the apparent abuse that you talked about: when i was a staff member in early 2015 and was one until summer 2015 i have NEVER senn or witnessed any abuse by any staff member, doesn’t matter if it’s in the IRC or ingame. i also think it’s complete nonsense that lower ranked staff members have to record at least 30 minutes of evidence, while the higher ranked ones don’t have to record at all. when i have recorded evidence i never had to record over 5 minutes and i think that applies to most people. some people couldn’t even record any evidence because of their bad pc specifications.

now to the removal of your trusted password and babel platform abuse:
i’m not a native english speaker but even i know what the word ‘trusted’ means; you can’t expect to use a glitch(even if it is by accident) and then keep your trusted status. if the staff doesn’t trust you anymore then it’s completely fine that you get your stuff removed. i am pretty sure that noone removed it out of salt or because they have the power, the entire staff probably discussed the removal of your trust so you can’t expect a single BK to just remove it because of the apparent salt. i don’t know but imo it’s common sense that you shouldn’t be able to walk on a invisible platform and then shoot at people, it’s just abuse of a glitch and i don’t get why you were waiting for someone to warn you or anything. obviously i haven’t seen the evidence but i just go by facts by now.

when my moderator status was removed i was mad, but i understood my wrongdoings a year later and clearly understand why it was removed. i think you will also realize that soon, i am pretty sure.

p.s i will maybe write a more detailled post tomorrow (really tired right now) with proper grammar and a good structure so you can actually read what i have to say but i dont think its necessary since i said most of what i wanted to say

Everyone wants to avoid another Chappy situation.

Why are you saying this is another Chappy situation? This could be another Zeldo situation.

Edit:

Yeah, i know Danke is a pretty experienced guy but he’s a human and sure he can make mistakes. http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=7636.msg69873#msg69873

i also don’t like the rule that guards must have to get an evidence to ban someone for 6 hours and admins can ban people permanently without any evidence. I mean, at least get some evidence when you’re banning an old, trusted or higher ranked player. Torch is also an incredible good player and i believe he’s being honest here. So, as many people i’d say the same:

#UnbanTorch