When is a Minecraft server going to be set-up?

That’s a good rough estimation, but I believe we should run only mods that prevent destruction. Unless if we vote on what mods we want??

EDIT: @Izzy: I assume you’re upgrading from 8 gb to 16 gb, right?

It’s likely to be a hardcore PvP server. As in, griefing is 100% allowed.

But perhaps you could buy protected land, for the right price of course :wink: (in-game currency, not real money)

Oh, I didn’t know that sorry.

at least 16 GB, yeah, probably more if price is right.

Well we can always test it when the upgrade arrives.

http://androidspin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/portal.png

WE MUST TEST!

:slight_smile:/
/▌
/ \

Jyromefedx, what is up with you in pictures from the web?

It Is how I spread humour through the internet,I usually reference some movie or game depending on what the subject or previous message is.
http://sjcpl.lib.in.us/reference/imgs/reference.jpg

I find them funny.

http://thenovac.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/angel-of-death.jpg

Am I doing it rite?

Thread officially derailed.

tumblr_m5xdaeyeoK1rqjembo1_1280.jpg

@on-topic, for this train must reach its destination…

We need a tekkit server. ASAP. Minecraft is a very… indulging game, especially with its creativity and its capacity for team work, and would be a great addition to aloha.

Awwwww ya another person wanting tekkit.

Oh, of course! Tekkit is great. Also, there are a few aesthetic mods which would be great.

Trolling with style on Tekkit servers:

Step 1: Tell your friend you’re gonna install a nuclear reactor in / under their house. Find a way for him to accept it.
Step 2: Install reactor + nuclear chambers very close to the house. Preferably in the center of it.
Step 3: Put only fuel cells in it. No coolant. Let it work.
Step 4: Cover it with normal glass, saying there’s no problem.
Step 5: Sit and watch. Repeat with another friend.

no what you do is install a tesla coils in their house and don’t tell them,their house in now uninhabitable.

I prefer the concept of a Trojan Horse, in this case.

Anyway, we should go out to the streets (all 10 million of us) and march in favor of the installation of an aloha tekkit server.

I recently downloaded Tekkit. Why would you suggest that to someone? ITS LIKE CRACK. I PLAYED IT FOR 8 HOURS STRAIGHT ON MY FIRST DAY. Thanks for getting me addicted! ;D I am now in full favor of using Tekkit as our server!

Since there is several new weapons in tekkit I was thinking if we do get a tekkit server we should periodically have an event Called hold the fort.
Hold the fort would be an event were a fort’s location is given and many teams rush to capture and defend it. The fort would contain an armoury stocked with guns,ammo and food, cannons would be positioned on the walls and there would be a series of closable entrances that can be broken open but take time to do so.
The team that holds the fort till the event is over gets awards.

The official update will come out August 1st.

Anything Minecraft related should be postponed until after the update, as then we have several months to mess around with things without having to worry about mods updating and such.

A tekkit server sounds great, I’m ok for getting one for perhaps a whitelisted server with protections?

But that should wait until the server izzy wants, a hardcore mostly-vanilla pvp server is up and running.

Also, Tekkit I would imagine would require a lot of system resources. A lot of a lot.

A great advantage about a tekkit server is that it doesn’t rely on the current version of Minecraft so mods are rarely incompatible.
A tekkit server does take a bit more guts to run but I am sure we can get a good one going.

The cost/benefits ratio is too good to reject tekkit.

If we do ‘Hold the Fort’, you have to be creative to defend against people using jetpacks. Also, block the nukes.