What Maps Do You Guys Just Hate?

I said a lot and I will say it again.
Pinpoint is like Final Destination from SSBM. Everyone mostly treats it as a 1vs1 map.
I hate it just for that. ^

Yeah, that’s another issue. It used to be great back when things were more structured and teams communicated. It was really fun to have to rush to build defenses under heavy fire. Nowadays people just instantly build 2 high walls and nadespam. And if a hacker joins… holy… pinpoint gets ruined quicker than Hallway when a hacker joins. I’ve seen one of those rapid teleport hackers get nearly 400 kills before he was kicked. Not that you should judge a map by how well hackers can do on it… but yeah.

How dare you hate Pinpoint!!

There was another version of that assault map where there was both of those, it was EXTREMELY blue sided and was overall rancid cat shit.
The only way to make Assault better would be deleting it.

Or replacing it with other CS maps.
Maybe Safehouse, Cobblestone, Inferno?

I love all maps except binladencompoundv7

I find binladencompoundv7 to be one of my favorites of the Babel maps.

Do you love Hallway Arena? Because if you do, why isn’t it on All Maps? q-q

Oh - Arc De Pinpoint by izzy is probably one of my most hated in Babel. It REALLY needs to be removed:

Half of the point of babel is to try to flank and destroy the other team’s tower - with pinpoint, there’s no flanking ability (and there’s water damage on this map). This makes teams usually just have the “whoever builds the fastest tower wins” strategy, which is a real buzzkill for when I want to have a nice long game of babel.

Block destruction - You can only really shoot blocks once you’re around the end of the babel platform on the enemy’s side, and coming back to pinpoint being really center-based, there’s no opportunity to be able to shoot the enemy tower.

The last reason it sucks is because it’s pinpoint, and if it wasn’t bad enough already, it being on babel is terrible.

PS. Nice new script though which has everyone teleport to the heavens for a sudden death at the end. :slight_smile:

babelstairs is one of the few maps that promotes camping/defending and shooting the intel holder on top from the sides rather than rushing, since you’ll die pretty quickly if you can’t make it past the middle section. While it’s certainly not the best on babel, I don’t think it’s anywhere close to being the worst either, especially since games usually don’t last for that long.

some maps i don’t like:
babel:
octopus (how didn’t this one get removed yet, even tortuga was a lot more enjoyable lol)
arcdepp (boring since we have the much better pinline)
catseye (i really don’t like the “building” aspect of this map)
arena:
cs_assault (now i don’t hate maps which allow or even encourage camping, but this one is a bit frustrating)
lostvalley 2 (too big for arena)
sherwoodforest (too big, everyone quits)
deepspace (too big, can’t see anything)

tortuga was removed because it was taking an inordinate amount of time to finish a round. It was by far one of the longest maps we’ve ever had on rotation

I really like the tunnel in octopus, but nothing else really appeals to me in it

We REALLY need a cs_inferno or cs_cbble. Both would work great. Nuke could also work but would need serious modifications. Though that said, Nuke would actually be similar but better to assault, as it has roof play, an open outside area and a multi-level internal area. And then there’s overpass and mirage, which at this point are just asking too much, and cache, which would be dull, but would work, and train, which would be hard to make. Ultimately though, any CS map that is correctly put into AoS arena should in theory work, as all CS maps follow somewhat symmetrical designs.

Sorry if I diverted off the babel topic, but I dislike babel as a gamemode. In theory it sounds great, but if your team treats it as a deathmatch, it’s unplayable. Arena and r1ctf hold my interest longer.

de_nuke is already a map on rotation. I’m a little burned out on making cs maps and so far I haven’t seen anyone else willing to make one since Simox made dust2 years ago.

the topic isn’t just confined to babel. i just started talking about babel since i don’t play a lot of other gamemodes. i think babel is pretty brilliant. i love that it’s an idea that is so simple that it needs no explanation for people to figure out how to play it. everyone is curious to see what is up in the sky even if they’ve never played it before. but i get it that if everyone’s trying to play tdm it gets kinda annoying especially when you don’t like the map.

Oh that’s awesome. I haven’t gotten it yet. That would probably be a better map than Assault.

Oh no, I totally love the gamemode, I think it’s a great idea and can be wonderfully competitive even with such a low barrier to entry. That said, my experience is so often ruined by an uncooperative team that I rarely play. At least in Arena I don’t mind a bad team because I like clutch situations. That said, Arena has a super high barrier to entry for new players and the skill ceiling is basically infinite which can be intimidating for newbs.

Arcinius, please do not double post.
Instead, I suggest editing your first post.

Whatever dude. I was talking to two separate people. Sorry if it hurts your eyes that there’s a line in between my two posts. It achieves the EXACT same thing.

Eh, I do it sometimes.

He felt his 12 post-count being threatened.

But it’s discouraged from posting twice to address two different quotes. It’s perfectly easy to add a new quote: just scroll down and you can find other messages add.

Just a convention