What Maps Do You Guys Just Hate?

Idk where you guys are getting these words like “fear” and “impossible” because im not really saying them. I like hunting good players, not getting spawn camped by a lot of them. I’ve only played greenravine once and that was against face and a few other good players. I had to switch to smg/arena tactics to survive xD. I like the idea behind the map and still ended up having a good time. I wouldn’t try building on that map though… It could be tweaked a little.

Nuketown is bae <3

What do you not understand about my whole post isn’t just about you? I address multiple topics that have been brought up in my responses. Read CraftDinur’s posts. He was the one who said it was “impossible” to leave spawn. Impossible doesn’t mean hard. It means it is not possible at all. Which I proved to not be true when I had switched teams and got into the water in the first life and by the second life could walk around freely.

Well when you say the word “you” throughout the entire post in a response to me it gets kinda confusing tbh

But eh, I respect your opinion. Different tastes. :stuck_out_tongue:

KAJCag.gif

I hate the dark spaceship map, literally can’t even tell the difference from the black blocks in the floor and the black void. Furthermore, I can’t even see where I am going. Lucky openspades flashlight users :s

Is it on top 10 maps (the map, I mean)?

I think so, let me find it

Edit: I think it’s in arena all maps. Most likely the “deepspace” map

Alright then.

The CS:Go Map “Assault” is one of the worst ones I’ve ever seen on Arena. It’s the worst camper map out there if people don’t implement some other routes (like a way for green to get on the roof or for blue to get inside at a more hidden spot.)

Also I dunno the name of this one, but there was a Babel map with a giant rock blocking the way forwards directly in front of spawn. So after each respawn, you have to either go around or jump your way over the mountain, which is still too far away from the platform to build a proper tower up from there. So you either have to build a really small tower in front of it or you have to use incredible amounts of blocks to build a staircase forced to be wayyyyyy longer than needed. Also you could get shot down very easily from flanking enemies… rip…aaaaaand let’s jump over the mountain again with my little 50 blocks; only 24 more respawns needed until we can get up there… the round took like a 3/4 hour to end although it was way unbalanced for our team (sry, as I said, I dunno the name of the map, maybe some of you know it)

Yeah, Assault is really awful in AoS.
And the map that you are talking about is either halongbabel or babelstair, right?

worst maps on top 10 are india/nuketown/probably storage
every babel map is awful and should be replaced by pinpoint and island

Every map on the servers should be replaced with pinline.
Best map NA.

ye, it’s halong bable… and the other maps white guy above you posted, i like actually; like indiearena is the one and only shotgun map that is really well made, my fav map actually; or nuketown is very classic and balanced af, finally a map nearly without camping spots

Glad to see that I helped. :stuck_out_tongue:
I respect your opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually like Indiearena, Nuketown, and Avstorage…

this is me lmao. as much as i love the variety on babel i have the most fun on maps like pinpoint and island

nuketown was always a huge novelty map for me because it was made at a time where bo2 was super popular. it’s super fun in very small doses when everyone’s running around with shotguns through all the chaos but in arena it does kinda suck.

you’re taking a lot of what i said out of context and have just succumbed to strawmanning me. i was using the word “impossible” in a more hyperbolic sense. my apologies if you didn’t comprehend that properly. to clarify, i’m arguing that the map is flawed in the sense that it’s too easy for the map to be tipped into the favour of one team with little chance of coming back. if i didn’t emphasise it enough before, the game can progress to the point where it becomes very difficult (because you don’t like me using the word impossible) to recover which in my opinion makes the map flawed. “get good” is not really an argument to say that the map is balanced because there’s structural flaws that i pointed out that makes it too easy to prevent the opposing team from doing anything. hopefully that clears things up a bit for you

Definitely not

No you weren’t. You were using it to mean impossible as in not possible. If you didn’t mean it like that you just don’t say it. It’s as simple as that. You don’t get to say “I like the color black”, but then be like “Oh just kidding now that you’ve proved me wrong. I meant I like the color black in a exaggerative type of way, I really meant that I like the color purple. My apologies if you couldn’t comprehend that properly.”

Not really. Just shoot people before they get to your side and make sure you build a bridge to the middle. It’s not hard.

You did emphasize it enough. You emphasized it too much before and that’s the problem. Hyperboles contribute nothing to the conversation.

There are no structural flaws. The map is symmetrical. If you can’t win it’s because you’re not good or are making silly mistakes. Simple as that.

hopefully that clears things up a bit for you

Controversial, but I hate pinpoint. I don’t care that it’s a classic, there’s nothing to it and the flat plane makes it a sniper/nade fest for about 10-20 minutes until solid defenses are up. Also, several of the counter-strike maps are pretty unbalanced.

That space station arena map is also awful. The green team is at huge disadvantage because the map is asymmetrical.

Basically, map makers, either test-balance your maps a lot, or don’t make them asymmetrical. You can’t have both.

Pinpoint is either ‘love’ or ‘hate’, I find. I really dislike it, too.

Back in 2012-13 pinpoint was really fun because all of the good players being present at that time