Kodiak's Ban Appeal

Chappy: 1. A valid point and an oversight of mine, one I thought about doing at the time and seriously regret electing to not do so.

1. See response to point 1. I almost never record when playing unless catching hackers with ovl myself. It’s not a matter of my computer specs, they’re fine, but rather laziness and not seeing the point in recording when I play, especially if I’m just jumping into a casual pub match. When recording with Fraps my fps drops to ~35, which, at the heart of it, is a hell of a lot different to playing at 60 fps, for me at least. What Dakeku’s said is right, it’s not so much “hard” to play at 35 FPS, but it’s something I’m not used to and have trouble adapting to on most occassions.

2. Nope. I changed my playstyle to try and reflect that of a hack user. I’ve been in this community a relatively long time, and have observed and henceforth banned hackers on many occasions. After more than a year of doing so, you begin to notice things, man. I’ve done the same thing on Aloha before and this is the first time I’ve ever had something like this happen.

Your point regarding “why didn’t he just set up a camera and record” is completely ridiculous. It isn’t worth the trouble for pretty much anything (excepting if I were asked by an admin to do so in this instance, which as I’ve already stated I think will only serve as a fruitless endeavour) and I don’t know anyone who would do so regularly, for any reason. If I were to record myself the day I got banned, I would have just done so with Fraps.

Alright. It doesn’t seem like the evidence is good enough to keep you banned. As going with this, I will warn you, if you are caught hacking and proved to be hacking, you will not have a second chance. This being said, we all watching you so don’t make me regret this decision.

Thank you Color. I completely understand why I was banned, because truth be told, if I saw what you saw (especially if I didn’t know who it was) I would have done the same, and I will endeavour to not make the same foolish decision/s in the future. :slight_smile:

Seeing the evidence, I can’t really accuse you either.

This was rather wtf in my head…I don’t think we should keep on insisting on having good evidence if we clearly don’t, but still attempt to treat our poor evidence as good evidence.
Now that we’re all happy, let’s put this behind us.

Thread locked.