Is Torch banned again?

I don’t think you guys understand…

Danke isn’t an admin. He’s a kahuna.

Trivial, he stills needs to obtain evidence before banning to back up his claims.

If it’s so trivial then you or I could easily become a BK. I don’t like the automatic-credibility idea, but there’s nothing you can do to reason with an already reasonable person who’s made their decision.

IMHO, you cannot tell whether someone can or cannot make a shot without a first person perspective. I’ve had countless times where I’ve been shot dead behind cover because some Brazilian player shot me 3 seconds ago. I also remember several instances while playing on zombies (with major lag) where my screen was on one place, but my actual body, as far as the server (and other players) was concerned, was in another, and I could literally see zombies spading my ghost body, and I would take damage. (probably not what happened here, but just goes to show the extent of how weird lag can get on AoS).

I honestly don’t care if the shot is possible or not but if Danke didn’t gather any evidence then Torch shouldn’t stay banned. There is no need to keep someone banned for that, especially when you gave no evidence to back you up.

^

A 30 second video worth of evidence or even a few more minutes of watching him “hacking” and then having 100% confirmation would have saved the community a lot of division. I trust danke’s perspective but I also trust torch’s word. He deserved a little more benefit of the doubt than was given. Whatever the case it’s a sad day for the community.

So you said you had a few seconds to respawn, and see where Danke was climbing into his tunnel. Let me just quote that before it…oh conveniently that post is no longer around. Nice deleting skills, I suppose. Let’s just go to the bread and butter.

When Torch shot Danke, Danke said:
[2016 12 July Tuesday 12:50:14] <babel_aloha> what
Torch responded:
[2016 12 July Tuesday 12:50:17] <babel_aloha> <[Rev] Torch> :slight_smile:
About 15 seconds after that, Danke teleports to Torch:
[2016 12 July Tuesday 12:50:25] <babel_aloha> * Contracugar became invisible
[2016 12 July Tuesday 12:50:29] <babel_aloha> * Contracugar silently teleported to [Rev] Torch

Just one second after that Danke, respawns. Babel has a 16 second respawn clock. Torch killed Danke almost IMMEDIATELY after he respawned. Each team runs on the exact same spawn clock. Torch said he had like 5-6 seconds before he respawned. Babel uses a tried and true almost impeccable wavespawn script. To recap and simplify:

Torch was killed roughly 6 seconds before he killed Danke.
Danke had to wait 16 seconds to respawn after he was killed.
This means that he was killed just after the respawn clock had reset to 0.
Remember, Torch was killed about 6 seconds before Danke died.
If Danke died on second 0 of the 16 second clock, then Torch must have been killed on second 10 of the previous clock (16 - 6 = 10).
Then Torch respawned when the clock reset to 0. He then killed Danke.
Again, Danke had to wait the full 16 seconds. He teleported his body to Torch on the 15th, and respawned on the 16th.
Thus, Torch killed Danke in under 1 second after spawning.
Torch could not have reached Danke’s position from Torch’s spawn point in under 1 second.
Torch would have had to have at least 7 seconds to run to Danke, and the respawn clock does not add up with Torch’s statements.

This also means Torch may have used Aimbot/ESP as well to locate Danke so quickly. For you “Tl;dr” people, Torch is probably not getting unbanned because we have reasonable evidence to believe he hacked. Do not pull the “But the timestamps could be edited” thing. We would never tamper evidence, especially from the server.

Nice work, Monstarules. 8)

that’s what i call dedication

and good investigation, great job, monsta keep it up, we’re all proud of you!

Alright, so I didn’t see Danke climb into a tunnel. I don’t know where you think I said that. Danke shot me from a hole. We were both exchanging shots at each other and he had been shooting from that same hole basically the entire game to grief our tower.

Really? Why would I go back and edit my posts lol. I’m pretty sure you guys have access to the past edits anyways. If not, then sure I guess this statement makes sense.

Can you please put more timestamps showing before and after the segment you put? The segment you put doesn’t tell me when I was shot. You’re only posting the timestamps referring to when I shot to him.

When did I say I had like 5-6 seconds? The only thing I ever remember saying was I had an almost instant respawn to about 3 seconds from what I can remember. I definitely don’t think my respawn was 6 seconds long.

I reached Danke’s position extremely fast, since it was just a sprint & jump over a wall followed by another jump into the water. I think I could do it under 4 seconds. Another .5 second would probably be required to recreate the aiming portion though.

Also, I’m not sure why the reason for the ban keeps changing. At first I was told it was because I couldn’t have gotten to the tower where Danke teleported to and saw me at as quickly as I did by Monsta on Skype. Now it’s because I was quick to shoot him?

Do you guys not have positioning logs, logs that show where shots were taken from and to where, or a log that shows the Babel timer and the timestamps for it? If you have any of these, I would appreciate if you could post them relevant to around the time these incidents occurred to give me more ability to gather my own case.

I wouldn’t have needed to use ESP because like I said I knew where he was because we were shooting at each other when I got killed. Aimbot was not proven either and should not be included just because it’s possible. I think that’s irrelevant to the current conversation of how I managed to be so fast or whatever.

I gave you, Torch, the benefit of the doubt to the end. I know for a fact the administration here did all they could to prove your innocence but the proof speaks for itself. I hope that you can finally admit to the truth and mend the rifts caused by this ordeal. We’re all human and none of us are perfect, including me. It’s trying times like this that bring out the worst and the best in us. I hope that we can all come out of this a little wiser and even more trusting of the administration than before. Thank you aloha staff for resolving this situation.

Please, if you don’t have anything to add to the ban appeal don’t post here. Your disappointment stories, your congratulations to the admins, or your gratefulness to the admins for resolving the situation can be done in the other thread I made on the topic and not in this ban appeal thread. The timestamp showing when I was shot (the pivotal part of the current theory) hasn’t even been posted yet.

That includes your snarky attitude, bud. He’s trying to tell you to give it up. Give up the act man, don’t be like old Chappy.

As for a timestamp of you getting shot, that is about the only part of this that is just Danke’s word. He said he shot you and retreated in the course of 6 seconds. You respawned by the tent, according to what you said in your nice little skype explanation picture. It would have taken closer to 7 seconds to even get to the wall, and you said you didn’t respawn for at least 3. That gives you like 3 seconds to get to the wall and shoot Danke. Not possible still.

Aloha doesn’t have memory dumps or debug logs, but even if we did, in this case it would not favor you.

I’m not being snarky. Can you post the timestamp from before I shot him? You reference the amount of time in your explanation, but the timestamp wasn’t posted and that is necessary for this theory you presented. I’m not acting either… I don’t even know how you could fake this.

(the double post is because monsta edited his original post)

As for a timestamp of you getting shot, that is about the only part of this that is just Danke's word. He said he shot you and retreated in the course of 6 seconds. You respawned by the tent, according to what you said in your nice little skype explanation picture. It would have taken closer to 7 seconds to even get to the wall, and you said you didn't respawn for at least 3. That gives you like 3 seconds to get to the wall and shoot Danke. Not possible still.
That doesn't make any sense. We all know Danke shot me, but if you have no proof of when that was then all of the other timestamps are useless when you're saying the ban is because I got to his position so quickly. I could've had an hour to walk from my spawnpoint to the spot I shot him from when there isn't the first time stamp. And I never said I respawned for "at least" 3 and even if I did that doesn't mean I said my respawn was 5-6 seconds which you claimed in your explanation. Why do you keep changing what I've said?

And I didn't say I spawned by the tent in my picture. In the picture I put the dot showing I spawned between the tent and the wall. It doesn't take 3 seconds to get to the wall because I just jumped right over it because it was right there. If you would only let me show you my route in the server you would see how short it is for me to get to the wall and jump over it and get to the spot in the water where I shot him from.

Aloha doesn't have memory dumps or debug logs, but even if we did, in this case it would not favor you.
Why wouldn't it favor me? Because your judgment you've made without it says I'm guilty? I don't care if it favors me when I'm staying banned with the current "proof" you've posted anyways. Post all the evidence that can be gathered to make the ban seem as justified as possible to the people that don't believe you.

Here's the picture I sent on skype to monsta:
The final line showing my route from where I shot Danke from to the tower is most likely inaccurate as I don't remember that portion that well.

—THE PICTURE IS AN APPROXIMATION OF WHAT I REMEMBERED A DAY OR TWO AGO WHEN I MADE IT—

Thus, Torch killed Danke in under 1 second after spawning. Torch could not have reached Danke's position from Torch's spawn point in under 1 second. Torch would have had to have at least 7 seconds to run to Danke, and the respawn clock does not add up with Torch's statements.

15 seconds (according to the timestamps) is not immediate? Is it possible for the timestamps to be wrong or glitched or lag-behind in any way? That timing isn’t even possible with ESP or Aimbot. If he spawned in the water he couldn’t have done the shoot-through-walls glitch either.

This doesn't make any sense. Your whole ban now is relying off of Danke's remembrance of how much time passed between when he shot me to the point I shot him. You're not posting timestamps for the respawn timer, when I was shot, or anything relevant to actually proving the theory. And what does it matter what Danke says the time is if your justification is that it's hard to know how long time really is when you're searching for hackers? Danke wasn't searching for hackers. He was playing the game for a very long time. He only started spectating me 15 seconds after I shot him and he thought it was impossible.

Yeah and guess what, you didn’t take 15 seconds to get to him! You said it yourself, it took like “6”. 15 seconds after you shot him there was a new spawn clock. Convenient, considering that that would mean you shot him immediately after you spawned. You just basically admitted to doing something impossible.