Ban Appeal [GoH]JaZZ

What is your in-game player name? My IGN now is JaZZ but at the time of the ban I was [GoH]JaZZ. I haven’t played as [GoH]JaZZ ever since I disbanded my clan about 7/8 months ago.

What server were you playing on when you got banned? No idea since I got banned almost a year ago.

Why were you banned? ‹topo-bot› bearandcat: {u’ip’: ‘81.25.248.61’, u’reason’: ‘: [goh]jazz aimbot 17/7 drb’}

Why should you be unbanned? Cause it is literally impossible that I was hacking ever. I can say that with full confidence since I know that I have never used a hack.

When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please. I don’t remember but the reason gives 17/7 (as a date I presume), so apparently it was 17/7 in 2012.

My best guess is either someone got mad at me for killing him too many times and decided to ban me or someone else took my username while I was offline and started hacking.

I hope for cooperation and solving of this.

I was the one who banned you, and unfortunately for you I remember doing that.

Reason: aimbot and esp

And because even after waiting so long you decided not to be honest about it you’re not getting unbanned.

Firstly what is esp and secondly I have never lied. I know 100% that I have never used a hack in Ace of Spades and that I never will use one in the future. Nothing you can say will make me change my statement. I will never admit to anything I have never done. I am more than sure that you cannot prove that it was me since it is impossible.

your current IP (the one you’re using to logon to the forums) is the exact same as the one above which was banned (it’s only off by the last digits since you have a dynamic IP address). there is absolutely no way whatsoever that anyone else other the people in your local network could’ve been hacking. we do not ban the wrong people, we ban via IP and not name. we are 100% sure the hacks came from your computer so please take the time to rephrase your appeal.

I heard that there’s a video showing me ‘hacking’. I’d really like to see it since I am curious as to what could it possibly show. I had no idea that you have any proof against me so I really hope that you understand my wish to have the chance to see it myself.

We all record evidence for bans. It’s a requirement of staff at aloha.

But is it possible for me to see it?

That is completely at Drebbel’s discretion I’m afraid.

Drebbel, can you please send me a link to the video? I hope you understand how important it is for me to see the proof you have against me. Without it I could make no arguments since I wouldn’t even know what triggered your suspicion. After seeing it I will explain anything I can and hopefully prove to you that I have not been hacking.

Alright. I’d like you to explain the first minute of this vid: http://youtu.be/vRGA1X37da0

Okay so the video isn’t of the best quality and it freezes the second I actually start doing anything, so nothing directly connecting me to aimbotting can be seen. Instead I’ll focus on the dialogue since somehow someone found it to be enough to prove that I was hacking.

Due to the low quality of the video and the white background blending in with the chat, this is what I was able to understand, so feel free to correct me if needed. The (?) marks are where I’m unsure if what is written here actually is what it’s supposed to be.

Dialogue:
[GoH]JaZZ: (?)BLEED(?) SUCKER (No idea what I meant here, possibly I was refering to something that happened previously)
cocola(?):YOUR HACKING (I actually remember this guy a bit, and the fact that I killed him and that it was a rather good shot, which made him think I’m a hacker)
[GoH]JaZZ:UR BEING A NOOB (I call him a noob since he thought that he’s so good that it would only take an aimbot to kill him)
cocola(?):YOU USING AN AIMBOT
[GoH]JaZZ:COZ I KILLED U? (Me referring to his logic of “he shot me - definitely a hacker”)
[GoH]JaZZ:HAHHA (Me ridiculing his logic)

Apparently this is just two guys raging at eachother and me being me means that I put on all caps and start trolling this guy. I know that this chat isn’t really mature on my side but I know that no feelings were hurt and I fail to see how this could serve as a proof of me hacking. I expected this video to be full of fishy shots and a guy running around with his aim jumping from one headshot to another. Instead I see a guy calling another guy a hacker. Lets be honest here, who has never been blamed of hacking after killing someone, raise your hand. Personally I’ve got that a lot.

Unless there is more proof against me I don’t think that the video can be considered as a solid evidence of me hacking.

How about you explain the huge amount of snaps in the first minute of the video?

From time to time, you aim at one player and then, at the same second, you snap to an enemy in the base. And you keep doing that for the whole minute of the video.

What Chase said.

To be clear: I wasn’t talking about the chat, or the moment where the video freezes (that was me switching windows while recording)

I don’t record without serious suspicions and I don’t ban without being 100% sure that there’s a cheat involved. Besides fyi, video proof is not a required to ban people at aloha, it just makes things easier.

Also, why wait nine months to appeal and not directly after you found out you were banned?

While I agree that my cursor moves almost instantaneously, noone viewing the video can be 100% sure about what I am aiming. The video is not from my perspective, it’s from a third person viewpoint which makes it impossible to exactly tell what I am aiming. Also as you can probably tell from the video there’s a tunneler right under the stairs. You can hear throughout the whole video him digging. This is what made me look around in such a fast manner. I thought that the tunneler might come out from anywhere and that’s why I wanted to remain on the lookout. You can actually see that I am not aiming at any enemies, instead I’m focusing on three directions - my right side, my left side and my front:

At 0:08 Looking at my left side. No enemies there, just a random spot on the left from me.

At 0:09 Looking infront. If you watch closely and draw a line directly from my gun at the way it is pointing you can see that my cursor is between the side of the grass and the white line on the grass. The enemy base is in the middle of the field which is further away over the white line.

At 0:14 I cover my right side just as I did with my left side earlier.

If I was aimbotting then it’s more than strange that not once do I aim at the tunneler. During the whole video only two times does my cursor aim at his direction, but on both times I watch above him. At 0:34 I aim at the spectator, while the tunneler remains under him.

At 0:45 As my cursor is at the stairs, I keep moving to my right side while the cursor is not fixed on anything since my guns movement is synchronised with my body.

At 0:49 You all can clearly see that I am aiming at where I said earlier - between the edge of the grass and the white line to both see the stairs and any potential enemies coming from their base.

At 0:53 I make a 100 degree turn to my right. It would be highly unlikely that any enemy was there since to get there they’d have to go either past me or under me. But as we can see from the minimap none of the enemies went there. It is still possible that someone might have ran over the field while being in my teams line of fire and reached the stairs but it is highly unlikely. Also it would require the enemy base to be completely empty for my ‘aimbot’ to prioritize him. But then what about the tunneler since he should be priority number 1?

So all in all - you can’t tell where I am aiming all the time, but every time it is possible to tell approximately, I am looking just at the terrain and no enemies. And shouldn’t an aimbot focus only at a single enemy who is closer to you? And the effect of your gun jumping is caused by the fact that the closest enemy always changes since they all are moving closer/away from you? But in this whole video the tunneler remains the closest enemy to me, and not once do I point my cursor directly at him.

And one last thing - don’t forget that as the videos quality is rather low, the effect of my gun moving instantaneously is caused by the low fps of the video. Even when I’m doing smooth turns, it still shows them as laggy, as you can see at the last turn I do before the video freezes. The video skips some frames and when I’m quickly moving my cursor this is what created the aimbot effect.

keep in mind that lag does not cause instantaneous 100 degree snaps that last for half a second. i can honestly say that lag is not an issue in this video. Drebbel is recording at around 30-40 FPS and the quality of the video is decent so there is no technical issue causing you to look like an aimbot. if you’re complaining about the slight choppyness, that shows up to nearly every person playing in the spectator mode and is not extreme lag. if you want an example of extreme lag, you’ll see the player freeze for a few seconds and then snap a wide angle and freeze more and be much more choppier than what is shown in your video. secondly, you claim to be snapping around in order to keep an eye out for enemies. i find myself to be a rather average player and my snaps are contained to around 40 degrees. you would need to swing your mouse pretty vigorously if you were going to snap 100 degrees and it’s just not worth it and doesn’t make any sense to do so.

If you payed any attention to what I said previously you would have noticed that I brought up the 100 degree turn as an example of a smooth turn which was shown as a couple of snaps in this video. The turn took about half a second and it got chopped into three to four snaps. The fact that this turn was NOT caused by aimbot is out of the question (unless ofcourse you want to argue that there were several enemies in a single line close to my base and all of them triggered aimbot one by one), which means that it originally was a smooth turn, but deteriorated into several snaps in this video. This goes to prove that the quality of this video could have caused my turns to look like instantaneous snaps.

" i find myself to be a rather average player and my snaps are contained to around 40 degrees."

So your argument here is that everyone must play like you while using the same mouse and mouse sensitivity?

“you would need to swing your mouse pretty vigorously if you were going to snap 100 degrees”

I tested it out myself and although I know this isn’t really important but it turns out that it took my mouse about 8 cm’s to make a 360 degree turn, full circle in other words. This means that not much “vigor” is needed for a 100 degree turn. I still use the same mouse and mouse parameters as then.

“and it’s just not worth it and doesn’t make any sense to do so.”

Considering that I was close to the enemy base and in a position where I was vulnerable from all sides I think a turn to check your back is well worth it and makes perfect sense.

Also I would like to remind all of you that we are discussing how I turn my cursor. Am I the only one who finds this a bit absurd? I mean I didn’t go around killing people with amazing jumpshots or anything. I just stood in one place and was moving my mouse in a ‘funny’ way. If I really was hacking I’d have to say I would then be a pretty miserable hacker. I sincerely hope that noone else will get banned cause of such a thing. If the admin was really interested in punishing a hacker I am more than sure that he would just wait to be 100% convinced about it. In this case you only have a one and a half minute long “slightly choppy” (as you put it) video, third of which is frozen. This is basically saying that someone is a murderer cause he looked very ‘angrily and murderously’ at a random guy he saw. Even if it were true, there is no evidence that he would’ve killed anyone. If this was real then every people would smile out of fear of being arrested. I wouldn’t want to live in such an Orwellian country. And the same goes for this. I think that banning someone with no definite evidence is foolish and doesn’t make any sense. If I were you I’d give me a probation and if I passed it I would be clean. Ofcourse I am not putting words in your mouth and ultimately it all comes down to you. We could go on with this if it is your wish, but the fact is - I don’t think we’d be getting any closer to the truth.

There’s still one thing I would like to know.

Why would you wait 9 months to appeal a ban if you did not infact hack?

The snaps are very curious still… Even with what you have said, but this 9 month wait bothers me even more.

Drebbel asked this earlier, and I still haven’t seen an answer.

The funny part is that I have a changing IP. After I got kicked I thought that it might have been a votekick by that guy who accused me of aimbotting. And since my IP is changing, the nex time I wanted to play on aloha, I could do so freely. So I thought that the ban from votekick is over and I’m all clean. I didn’t play AoS after it went on Steam and when I rediscovered AoS on buildandshoot (some weeks ago), I found out I was banned - only cause I got kicked from Minit US for the ban evasion. Until then I didn’t even know I was supposed to be banned from anywhere.

Also as you can probably tell from the video there's a tunneler right under the stairs. You can hear throughout the whole video him digging. This is what made me look around in such a fast manner. I thought that the tunneler might come out from anywhere and that's why I wanted to remain on the lookout.
That guy was planted there by me and I can assure you he was not making any digging noise while I was spectating you. The noise did not start until I switched windows (hence the video freeze). So that explanation is wrong.
This is basically saying that someone is a murderer cause he looked very 'angrily and murderously' at a random guy he saw. Even if it were true, there is no evidence that he would've killed anyone.
So, what you're saying is: everyone should be allowed to use aimbot and/or esp as long as they're not killing anyone? Funny.
I think that banning someone with no definite evidence is foolish and doesn't make any sense.
Welcome to Aloha, pretty much the only servers where admins take a small effort in trying to catch as many hackers on video as possible, even when no one is obliged to do so. And besides it's simply impossible to capture [b]everything[/b] on film.

It’s too long ago for me to remember how it exactly went. Even though I’m not convinced by your explanations and I still don’t fully trust you I’m willing to give you this one chance to prove yourself. Consider yourself watched carefully every time you enter our servers, and video or no video next time I catch you there won’t be a new chance anymore.

That guy was planted there by me and I can assure you he was not making any digging noise while I was spectating you. The noise did not start until I switched windows (hence the video freeze). So that explanation is wrong.

I could swear I hear digging noise in the first 27 seconds, which is positioned right where the tunneler is (as you move your camera the noise seems to move along, and unless you could manage controlling two separate windows at the same time I can see no other explanation other than the noise coming from him). And it is possible to see his spade for a second at 0:27. Later the digging noise is replaced by him running and placing blocks. Both are located where he is in relation to your camera and its movement. The noise is what kept me alerted in the first place. I could hear but not see anyone. And you said you ‘planted’ him there, eh? So if I would have aimed at him you would have used that as evidence, right? But since I didn’t aim at him, it somehow doesn’t count as an evidence of me not hacking? Strange…

So, what you’re saying is: everyone should be allowed to use aimbot and/or esp as long as they’re not killing anyone? Funny.

Uhm nope. What I meant was that it’s unreasonable to use that as evidence. If you really thought that I am a hacker then why didn’t you wait for me to actually do anything that would prove it 100%? And don’t tell me that you wanted to eliminate me before I could ruin anyones fun, cause with this attitude I can only imagine how many guys have been banned for hacking while they didn’t.

Welcome to Aloha, pretty much the only servers where admins take a small effort in trying to catch as many hackers on video as possible, even when no one is obliged to do so. And besides it’s simply impossible to capture everything on film.

I appreciate all the effort you do to ban the right guys, and the more I think of it, the less I can understand why would you do all this (record me playing, plant a guy there, waste your time) only to then proceed with banning me without any evidence.

It’s too long ago for me to remember how it exactly went.

I killed a guy. He called me an aimbotter. I got banned.

Even though I’m not convinced by your explanations and I still don’t fully trust you I’m willing to give you this one chance to prove yourself. Consider yourself watched carefully every time you enter our servers, and video or no video next time I catch you there won’t be a new chance anymore.

This isn’t good for me at all. What guarantees that the same thing won’t happen allover again?? This time it would mean a definite permaban for me.