Zeldo - Ban Appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    Didn’t play for a few hours after I got banned. Tried different servers too but a few hours later I noticed I was banned from all of them.

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    Zeldo

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    aloha.pk 1ctf 24/7 pinpoint

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    I wasn’t sure at first, it was very sudden. Nobody told me I was doing anything wrong in chat or anything like that. I went on the #buildandshoot IRC chat and asked about it, and I was told that I was banned for using an aimbot. Someone by the name of Colorpinpoint told me that he was pretty sure it was him who banned me and why.

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    Because I wasn’t using an aimbot, and was wrongfully banned. I’m not saying it’s any of the admins fault, just that it was a misconception. I play games for fun, not to win. I just want to sort this out in any way I can so I can get back to playing. I apologize for any inconvenience.

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    Monday, December 24, 2012 at approximately 1 PM (Central Standard Time)

Yes, I banned you. I watched you after I was suspicious of you when I saw the kill feed being spammed with your name. So I decided to check you out. When I checked you out, I had esp overlay along with first person spectator. When I spectated you, there was a guy walking underground. The map was rocket island. There was a guy walking in an already dug out tunnel and you were walking around the outside of the hills. I saw you completely snap at him while he was in his tunnel and start shooting at him while he was completely surrounded by blocks. You were shooting at blocks that he was behind. It was impossible for you to know he in that tunnel when he was completely surrounded by blocks and the tunnel was closed.

I don’t really remember the landscape of rocket island, but I assure you I don’t have an aimbot. Sometimes when I get angry at being killed, I just shoot randomly. It could’ve been some weird random chance that I was shooting where someone was. If there’s any way to prove I don’t have an aimbot, please tell me, because I’d be happy to do whatever I can to let this whole thing pass over. If I even had an aimbot, why would I waste bullets shooting at someone underground? Alright, that’s not a good argument, but still.
I’m willing to be as cooperative as you’d like.

don’t try to lie buddy.lying gets u know were,besides color is rarely(or should I say never)wrong about an aimbot.If u had read the example’s u would know.
Just trying to help.
:slight_smile:

Not trying to lie, just trying to figure out why I was wrongly banned.

But still, what? Any way I see it, that’s a hack which lets you track players through walls.

“But still what”
But still, it wouldn’t even matter if I wasn’t using any hacks in the first place.

I read very closely over the thread in which you, Reki, noted that the innocent should keep their innocence and not cave in. That’s exactly what I’m doing. All I want to do is sort this out so I can get back to playing with my friends.

I seriously think those who ban should screencap whatever goes on, because as of now you have no evidence of me hacking. I can send a screencap of my files if that’d help.

Right now this is either a huge misunderstanding or there’s someone else impersonating me using hacks.

People are banned by IP not names. Also, tbh, If I had to get evidence for every hacker I ban, I don’t even think I can ban 20% of the hackers that I ban. Also, even if you screencap your files, you could’ve easily deleted the hack. We can rule out someone impersonating you because we ban by IP not names.

So you’re admitting that you wrongly ban people, and that you were lying about me supposedly shooting at another player underground?

Where did I even say that? I said if I had to get evidence that I wouldn’t be able to ban as much hackers due to the amount of time it takes to open a screen recorder than render the video and than use up my bandwith for people like you? Nope won’t happen. What do I gain from lying to what happened? Nothing so why would I lie? I did not lie about what happened and I don’t wrongfully ban people.

The ability to see through the wall and track players is using an hack. There’s no luck or skill involved, which could be arguable. I trust in the words of my fellow admins: if he saw you ESP hacking, then you were ESP hacking.

I find it hard to believe color, that you would ban 20% less people if you didn’t have to record.

1. Keep the screen recorder open
  2. When you see a potential hacker, press the record button
  3. Then, ban him if you think he is hacking
  4. If he makes an appeal, upload the video and POW! He can’t argue with you

This will save you and everybody else a lot of time. You can delete old videos to save HD space.

Hiding under a false excuse like “I wouldn’t be able to catch as many hackers” is blatantly false and doesn’t help anyone.

Now if you have a legitimate excuse like “it lags me to the point where you can’t even tell he is hacking because everyone is snapping around” then that’s a reason not to.

But for any other reason, just freaking record the hacker.

Altogether, it will only lead to the innocent being unbanned, and the guilty remaining banned.

/rant

I’m going to make an exception here and post in this thread even though I have no direct involvement with this ban.

HoboHob, I don’t how others do it, or how Color would end up doing it, but if I’m trying to catch a cheater in a recording, I end up with several recordings. Sometimes these recordings can be very long. A 2 1/2 minute Fraps recording creates an almost 2GB video file. I never know when I’m going to catch him, so I have to record everything. We aren’t talking about an easy 30second video and done. We’re talking potentially stalking the guy for 20 minutes and ending up with a massive amount of recordings. After you finally catch him, you have to go back into your videos and find where it was you caught him, and save only that video, deleting the rest. If you don’t want to end up with tons of 2GB files, you have to compress them down before storing them away in your archives. This crap takes times, and will only serve to slow down the process.

I, personally, make notes on each player I ban in case of an appeal, to refresh my memory. I’m sure others do the same.

If I witnessed what Color described of the events, I would have banned this player as well, no evidence needed.

You need to stop thinking of admins as lawyers who must present some evidence before a judge. Admins are the judge, and they were given this privilege because their judgement is trusted.

2GB for an 20minute Video and a game like AoS ?
My Program is free, and the size of a Video like this is 500mb!

Use aTubeCatcher

Just wanted to point out, you don’t have to record everything, with Fraps you can just use the shortcut to quickly start recording whenever the said person is hacking, so recording everything isn’t always necessary. (And i’m not saying any Admin’s judgement is wrong, just a thought)

It doesn’t slow down your computer to take a screenshot, it doesn’t take up space making a ten second recording. In my case, you shouldn’t have had to do either, because I was not hacking.

I know what hacks are, and I don’t use them. Nowhere did I admit that I use outside programs to aid me. This is a ridiculous situation, because I have two admins or moderators or whatever against me with no evidence of the “events” which never even happened. There are many excuses being made here by colorpinpoint and I’m assuming he’s lying about this whole situation or is just pissed off at me for some reason. Have I done anything to upset you, colorpinpoint?

Venom, when you start recording the moment you saw the guy hacking, then you would have missed it, we’re not talking about n00b aimbotters snapping like crazy nonstop, but rather people who try to hide their hacks as much as they can.

Zeldo, I think you should take a step down, remember, playing in these servers are a privilege, not a right, and that you should be happy that they are actually taking the time to reply to you rather than just ignore you and let you keep appealing without anyone answering. Accusing experienced admins of such things is NEVER a wise thing to do. And another thing, I’m pretty sure that colorpinpoint wouldn’t let his emotions get in the way in his observation of potential hackers. Have A Nice Day.

Take a step down? So I should just give up, lie and say I did hack, and just stop playing Ace of Spades because these are the only worthwhile servers around? If I’ve been falsely accused and punished, I’m not going to give up until someone admits they made a mistake and rights their wrongs, or they just flat-out ban me from these forums as well. Should I beg and plead and promise as well?

Well… If this was a debate, I wouldn’t know who won!

I’m not saying that ColorPinpoint wrongly banned Zeldo, or Zeldo isn’t hacking, but… Why would somoene from [TSB] or another major clan more likely be unbanned, just because they’re part of a big group? I don’t know what exactly happened here, but when Reki banned [TSB]Jon for aimbot, Jon didn’t need to put as much effort into his posts to get unbanned, saying it was all skill.

If you were hacking Zeldo, you’re a little sneaky bastard who tricked me into believing you. If you are being honest, then well done. I hope something comes out of this, because I would be very unhappy if something like this happened to me.

Chappy.

Thing with Jon is that I basically banned him on account of many circumstantial pieces of evidence, all of which he refuted to a point of reasonable doubt. He didn’t really try denying the things I saw, but he provided counter-arguments as to how that might’ve happened by pure luck/chance/skills.

In this case, the guy’s explanation for why he was looking at people through walls was “I wasn’t”, which isn’t really a good explanation. That is to say, Zeldo, if you have a good explanation of why you were tracking players behind walls (which our admin reported seeing you doing, and I will take his word for it), then things are back up for discussion.