[x] {RS}Bagel ban appeal

1) Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
Yes I did wait attempt to join after a day or two. I’m pretty sure I’m wasn’t just votekicked, otherwise I would have been able to play for the past couple of days.

2) What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
My IGN: {RS}Bagel

3) What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
I play on a variety of the aloha servers including babel and specifically pinpoint. So with that in mind, I most likely got banned on aloha 24/7 pinpoint.

4) Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
I admit to hacking (with aimbot) in the past, but this was a very long time ago around last year. I have discussed the current situation with my clan-mates about me being banned on the aloha servers and they said I apparently evaded a votekick. People have attempted to votekick me several times on any server, so it’s kind of expected whenever I play. I have never evaded a votekick as I’m well aware of the consequences.

5) Why should you be unbanned?
I believe I should be unbanned because after a long hiatus from the Ace of Spades community I am no longer that irresponsible one-time hacker from a year ago. All I want to do now is play on the servers with my clanmates and not have to tell them I can’t join them because I’m banned on a certain server. It sucks that one small mistake I made ages ago came back to affect my reputation and my ability to play on your servers. I won’t ever attempt to hack again (because I never do, these days) or dodge a votekick.

6) When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
I was banned around a week ago (or so it felt like it). Before that I was playing casually on the aloha servers and then suddenly I get banned for apparently evading a votekick.

Hi there,

While I’m not the admin who originally banned you, I am the one who banned you within the last week. It was not for evading a votekick (not really sure who told you that); it was for evading your original ban, which had been set over a year ago (on August 31st, to be precise). You theoretically shouldn’t have been allowed to play ever since the ban was set, but your IP was obviously dynamic.

I’ll contact the admin who banned you and see what he has to say.

Hey Bagel,
Indeed I banned you for aimbot in august 2012. I’m glad to hear you’ve changed since then.
I don’t care much for reputation though and I treat all cheaters the same.
I wouldn’t call using aimbot a small mistake, and I am little worried that you do. You see, we take that stuff serious, because it ruins the fun for other players completely.

Can you explain why you did cheat in the first place, and why you won’t do it again? Convince me.

Until you’ve convinced me you won’t be allowed to play on our servers.

I can’t remember exactly because it was so long ago. I most likely put it on to see how it worked and everything and I guess I just got carried away with it in the moment.:o I never intended for it to get so out of hand, I didn’t even know how strict aloha was. But now I do!

Look, you can trust that I won’t do it again because I’m aware of how it takes the fun away from Ace of Spades. So if you’re not having fun with the game, what’s the point? Aimbot requires no skill to use and the players affected by it lose interest in the game because of these people. I’ve noticed now, more than ever, the number of hackers has risen. So with that said, I have quit using aimbot (the actual file has been deleted for a long time) solely for the benefit of everyone’s gaming experience and so that the guys in charge can figure out a way to stop people from doing what I did.

Convinced yet? :-\

Okay, you’re unbanned now.

Have fun and never cheat again.