[x] Mastermind's Ban Appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

Yes.

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

Mastermind

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

I believe it was Babel.

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

The plain truth: I was aimbotting. (Actually, I never kept the aimbot part on, just the ESP part in order to see where people where in the game.) I just wanted to “spice up” the game a little, see if I couldn’t get a little enjoyment out of surprising those sneaky blues the other team when they would come over to our side. I didn’t think I was being that obvious, but I guess someone saw what I was doing/seeing.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

I’ve been an avid fan of the aloha.pk servers since the beginning (what ever happened to the “tug of war” server, I’ll never know); in fact, I’ve been with AoS since the beginning, and the aloha.pk servers just add that little extra order and structure to the game that keeps me coming back. I’ve removed the software from my computer as well. This is all I can say, and I hope you understand.

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

December 20th, 2013, around 10-11 pm

If you are indeed an “avid fan” of aloha.pk then you should probably know better than to cheat in aloha.pk.
I also suspect you have been cheating for awhile but everytime I wanted to spectate you I was either busy or you would leave before I was sure of what I was seeing. But hey, a cheater is always caught eventually. And this time it wasn’t me.

I sent a forum pm to the admin that banned you, don’t expect a fast reply from him.

(“Don’t expect a fast reply from him,” you say. I’m not thaaaat slow…)

Anyway, Mastermind - I’m the admin who watched and then banned you.
On one hand, I’m glad that you’re being up-front and honest with the fact that you were cheating and using ESP.
On the other hand, I, like SnIpEr, am left wondering how a long-time avid fan of the aloha.pk servers convinces himself that it’s fine to try “sipcing up” the game by using cheats. That lapse in judgment on your part is probably what bothers me the most.

I will trust that you’re being honest, though. For admitting to your use of cheats, and for then removing them from your computer, I will unban you - but only once January 3rd rolls around.
I want to ensure that you don’t underestimate the severity of using cheats, under any circumstance: Doing anything to gain an unfair advantage against other players, for whatever purpose, ruins the game for other players. Casually thinking of corrupting a match just to ‘spice up’ your own experience while disregarding what that does to the other players as they play is a grievous mistake. For now, just wait until your ban is undone in January and reflect on what you’ve done.

I don’t mean to butt in but shouldn’t this be stickied as as example of what happens when you tell the truth. ???

Aha, I think we already have a topic for that, actually. It’s the “Read This Second: Lessons to learn” sticky, I think.

Can’t we put this in as an example?

No, stop posting here.

Alright, it’s late, and took a few stumbles on my part, but as was stated, you are now unbanned, Mastermind.

Don’t go squandering this second chance, now. Keep your play honest and fair the whole way.