[x] Cunt_Slayer

Named Kiki the Drama Monster
Rawr!

Can you all shut up?

Torch plz. Even tho i think more could be done to make things better, I realize that pushing on someone won’t help. I didn’t post an apology to Danke to feed you. I really mean it cause i realized bad things i’ve done in the past few months and i’m looking for forgiveness

The story of the baton of Blame in this thread:

1. Slayer (by op)
  2. Administration (by torch)
  3. Torch (by danke)
  4. Administration (by torch)
  5. Danke (self-inflicted)
  6. Administration (by torch)
  7. Asame (by everyone that doesn’t want to accept any of the above) poor kiki q-q

What you said didn’t feed me, it only further proved a point that there are a select few admins that aren’t acting to the responsibility level they should be at.

Hahah this guy, im not his friend.

I was trying to help you,but whatever
Good night.

1. how was that ban unjust other than being for esp rather than glitching to your adavantage (or trying to “make sure” if you’re actually killing those people serverside on a public server)
  2. your idea of “injustice” isn’t necessarily everyone else’s
  3. not bending over to each and every community’s request, accurate or not, isn’t creating drama
  1. There was not even proof of “ESP” the thing I was banned for. Once again, one coincidence of me looking up to a babel is not proof of anything. I frequently look up at the babel anyways to make sure people aren’t peaking off the edge about to shoot me. By they time they got around to “recording evidence” I had already stopped using the glitch to my advantage. If they hadn’t banned me when they did they would’ve only seen me glance up at people in the Babel every now and then. Anyone that isn’t in cahoots with the admins basically always agree with me that a 1:30 minute video of “proof” and then overreacting because I am honest about what was actually going on is ridiculous. Also, I know several people who are actually modifying their OS client and reducing fog density. (Makes it easier to identify, aim, and shoot at people within render distance.) An admin was in game when we were talking about it and the person (one of the two I know for sure do the hack/mod) even admitted to doing it. Were they banned? No. They got a mature response of “we’ll look into this”.

2. Same goes for you and the admins too.

3. Did I say to do that? No. But a good leader can appease the crowd while still not doing what they want them to do. Let’s say the admins are dead set on not removing a certain map and literally every non admin player is dead set on having it removed. The admins can just ignore it or snap back and say “get over it” or they can be mature and give a calm response to appease everyone. A great mature response would be something like: “We understand that you all absolutely hate this map, but we are keeping it in for x, y, z, reason and because of x, y, z. We do appreciate your input on the subject, but at this time we won’t be making this change. We may reconsider again in the future though!” Not the “why should I not be toxic right back if someone is being toxic to me” like some people seem to be thinking at the moment.

I realize you can be like: “hurr durr this is a afree gaem get over iet and deal with bad admins, we don’t do this cuz we get paid you know, we do this free, you get what you get, deal with it” but that is an excuse and a terrible one at that. I’m not saying you or anyone else would use that excuse, but it is a possible response. If you aren’t willing to take the responsibilities and maturity required of an admin then get out. There are plenty of other rising gems like Titanium (not going to list all of them) that are willing to be mature and handle things properly (just like a lot of the other admins do like Izzy, Shywolf, Flun, Muffin, etc. etc. etc. as I always list) that are more than willing to take your places.

I may/may not be backtracking this conversation… but you can’t possibly put all of the blame onto the staff. And trust me, I’m trying to be the least amount of biased possible. I know it’s hard to believe, but whatever decision or action that the staff makes is extremely scrutinized by the majority of the forum and players ingame. Because of this, we really have to think through everything and fully assess the situation before we make a decision.

Cunt slayer has been reported multiple times already, and he’s gotten plenty of warnings and mutes. That was more than enough of an indication to him that he needs to change his attitude. He now has a ban on him, so he now has some time to think about his actions. IF we would have banned him later than he was, I’m sure that there would be anger over how long it took. IF we would have banned him earlier than he was, I’m sure that there would be anger over how hastily the decision was made.

My point is, try to put yourself into the staff’s shoes before you create issues ridiculing how a situation was handled. If you strongly, strongly, strongly believe that a bad decision was made, then please do voice your opinion. But really try to think of the different ways and outcomes that the situation could have resulted in, and I’m sure you’ll realized that the right decision was probably made.

I don’t think that anyone claims the evidence wasn’t shit was the best, you were simply lucky no one spectated (recorded) you beforehand. What I was getting at, is that for the entire appeal you were arguing that just because this specific offense (abusing the arisen glicth, not the mere appearance of it, which you obviously can’t be banned for) wasn’t listed anywhere and that you didn’t purposefully create the glitch in order to misuse it, abusing it shouldn’t be bannable. Getting to the gist, you simply made a public server your own personal playground to see if it actually works, even if just for a certain amount of time/kills, not paying heed to what it might have brought on to other players.

Also, I didn’t know that I had to be “in cahoots with the admins” in order to form my own opinion about that ban, one that is somewhat opposing to yours (and/or your buddies). I don’t exactly feel compassionate for somebody that knowingly abused something and then goes arguing for two pages saying how “certain” kinds of abuse shouldn’t be bannable (with better or worse arguments), I can only relate to getting banned for the wrong reason and the obvious lack of evidence (no one is arguing that one, lol), which you did get unbanned due to anyway, so you did get off pretty much scot-free in the end.

3. Did I say to do that? No. But a good leader can appease the crowd while still not doing what they want them to do. Let's say the admins are dead set on not removing a certain map and literally every non admin player is dead set on having it removed. The admins can just ignore it or snap back and say "get over it" or they can be mature and give a calm response to appease everyone. A great mature response would be something like: "We understand that you all absolutely hate this map, but we are keeping it in for x, y, z, reason and because of x, y, z. We do appreciate your input on the subject, but at this time we won't be making this change. We may reconsider again in the future though!" Not the "why should I not be toxic right back if someone is being toxic to me" like [i]some[/i] people seem to be thinking at the moment.
Sure, those thing [i]could[/i] be handled better, but you gotta remember the way you communicate goes both ways/matters not only from admin to player, but the other way around as well. The simple fact that people create drama just because you don't sugar-coat every little thing you write or make it all about rainbows and unicorns, doesn't make the bait-y comments any more justified.

Well obviously it’s not the staff that caused most of the issues. As far as I know Slayer wasn’t an admin on an alternate name. What I was saying is that the lack of action or too much action on the admin’s part recently is the rising problem I’m seeing at the moment. Like I’ve said, there have always been hackers and toxic people, but they were dealt with properly. It just seems like there’s a full moon or something now and some of the admins have gone crazy. No one can admit they made a mistake, everyone is right even when they contradict themself. Look at almost anytime Scipio posts. Almost everytime I see a post by him it’s like he just had the worst day in the world and is exploding on someone. I don’t think that’s appropriate for someone in an admin position. We all make mistakes, but I see him consistently do so and without any sort of remorse afterwards. Why is that sort of stuff being tolerated? If you’re saying that the players should be trying to see things from the admins’ shoes don’t you see we can’t? If you have never been a president of the US how can you truly know the perspective? You might think you do, but it is foolish and ignorant to think you are anywhere near being accurate. The burden lies on the admins to communicate with the players maturely to explain their side of the story and the admins should be able to talk from the player’s perspective since they were just players at one point.

And this is where I bring up hypocrisy. Look at Monsta’s “babel glitch” he posted soon after my ordeal. He was causing the sky to flash colors. How did he know for sure he didn’t somehow glitch up the score server side and cause his team to win everytime he did that? (He didn’t, but assumed it wasn’t.) What if in the middle of that video clip he recorded it suddenly went “GREEN TEAM WINS” and changed maps? The point is glitches are GLITCHES. Did Monsta disconnect as soon as he realized something wasn’t working how it was originally intended to? No, he didn’t. Sure you can argue that his glitch wasn’t impacting the game like mine was, but as I previously stated I WAS NOT aware that mine was either and as soon as I realized it was impacting the actually game server side I stopped immediately besides the glances to the sky which don’t give me any advantage. (You can see people in the babel pretty easily with Zblock anyways) No, I was not “lucky” that the previous glitch use wasn’t recorded, because I stopped myself after I realized what was going on and there was absolutely no real effort by the admins to prove anything. That is not luck, but bad administration.

Scot-free is not getting your trusted removed several days later for absolutely no logical reason. I was not abusing trusted when I was banned. I hadn’t abused trusted since then and hadn’t glitched since then either. Once again, the markers point to NaCl or foolish pride considering I even recreated the glitch to HELP the community and PM’d a trustworthy admin with the details and several solutions to the problem. There is no reason why I would purposefully abuse glitches in a game I have played for several years and am good enough in without glitches/hacks. There is no reason why I would try to get myself banned on a server system I have donated to personally out of my own pocket. I’m not rich, that little money I donated is quite a bit for me at the moment and could’ve been used on a cup of coffee instead.

Is it a citizen of the United State’s job to make peace with China or North Korea? Is international diplomacy held for Mr. Joe Burbank of California? Yes, a citizen of the United States is responsible in some regards, but it is very very very little. That’s why there are governments and leaders and court systems. To keep peace and do justice. If the admins can’t realize the significance of their positions and their impacts then once again, they should resign and let other rising, ambitious, mature, and kind people such as Titanium to take their place.

Did aloha forget one of it’s favorite sayings? That everyone deserves a second chance?

The biggest problem I have with this is Torch is a long standing member of the community and he wasn’t even given a proper warning, just told to “be honest”, which probably confused him since he was doing no wrong.
True, glitching is against the rules, but a warning would be better than a ban and removal of trusted, and the fact that he later messaged an admin with info about the glitch and possible solutions is a very good thing, so we have the possibility of not having this problem again.

Also, the staff shouldn’t fulfill every request, but they should at least try to work with everyone to come up with a solution that would make everyone happy, instead of being toxic and snapping at people, which in my opinion is very immature for staff members to do.

Atrain, his ban got removed with a warning and he lost his trusted reputation.

Edit: Mind if I say that I had (still do) high suspicions of Torch knowing about the glitch beforehand.

I didn’t lose my trusted reputation, I lost my trusted status. People that matter still trust me.

I don’t mind if you think I’m a pink elephant that flies around doing evil deeds, but I can tell you with honesty that I did not remember the glitch at the time and was actually very surprised to even get death messages at all when I shot people that were on the Babel and even more surprised after I realized it was server side. As stated several times, after I came to that realization I stopped. I do apologize in retrospect to all the test subjects of my experiment. (They were builders anyways though and we all know they are of a lesser race. (kidding kidding kidding))

I do think you should get a backbone and not let him get to you. He only goes after you because he knows it does get to you. Also, the “pretty young” comment seems like it was intended to be derogatory and doesn’t make you any better of a person. However… I do agree that something should be done. If you can’t handle a little cyberbullying you should get off the internet (I mean this seriously), but this amount of just pure toxicity doesn’t really need to be apart of this game either. I’d recommend just turning off chat or ignoring chat though. If you quit the server, he wins. If he wins, he will only find another victim.

As you wish.

Damn, cunt_slayer was Bean? I was talking with him in-game. :open_mouth:

road, I have to really agree with Torch. If you just ignore them in the chat and stop talking back to him, he will eventually calm down. That’s really all we can do without getting admins involved. If he knows he is making you mad, he’ll enjoy it more and continue. It’s like scratching a mosquito bite, it feels like you’re doing something good but you’re really just making it worse.

Road, I never said you shouldn’t do anything, but when you respond to him, act toxic in response, or do these types of posts you’re just making him smile. PM the admins PRIVATELY. That won’t feed him and you’ll still be doing something about the problem.