[x] Banned :( - Superman

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    Yes.

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    Superman

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    Pinpoint

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    Eh… where do i start…
    It all started when i got muted for the first time for swearing, anyway after a while i got unmuted , then i started spamming and got muted again so i got bored and (here it comes prepare!) griefed a small part of a tower, 13.6 seconds after i got banned.
    so here i was banned not knowing for how long or for what reason.
    thats when i joined the Aloha IRC Channel and i asked for how long and why i was banned, i’ve spoken to a few people and it turns out i got banned for : Spam , being an ennoying a-hole and griefing. the ban was only for 6hours until timi said: “i hope you learned your lesson” and my respond got me in big trouble so here it is; “no timi i have don’t learn that way” and then he extended my ban to 3 weeks. i don’t play that much on aloha servers so i it doesn’t bother me that much but becouse the BuildCon is this friday it’s realllllyy a bad time for a Builder like me to get banned (yes i do build … a lot i’m one of the creators of the Supercool RPG map) so please don’t get the wrong image of me i normally don’t grief. CONCLUSION: so what i was hoping is that i WILL get a ban exept on 27-12-9 Friday AKA: Buildcon event day. I promise no. I swear i won’t ever remove a block placed by somone els ever again.

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    Holy. alright i missread this part haha mybad. Why? becouse i apologized and i promised not to do it again.

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    25-12-13 Christmas not sure about the time sorry.

Just putting out my opinion here since I heard about this @ irc- Bans are punishments. If the admins let you out of this ban, then it won’t be a punishment, because you won’t feel the full effect of the consequences. Buildcon is a privilege you decided to let go by griefing & spamming. I would say that this would actually be a better ban than usual, since by depriving you of buildcon, then you will feel the ban’s effect more, therefore giving you more reason to realize that griefing & spamming are not smart.

Some other stuff I noticed- You clearly haven’t learned your lesson, trying to hide the whole truth with
half- truths/understatements to minimize the damage and gain sympathy, (its a common practice used by crooks who know they’re busted)

Timi was willing to compromise and you know what you did? “What is compromise, I don’t speak good english.” When you speak perfectly fine. Also you originally had a light ban greifing/spammingmajorly usually results in a five day ban. People like you make my three day effort to clear pp of greifers seem meaningless. A lesson is a lesson, you have failed to learn that lesson, to add onto that you were blatantly lying in the irc. On the topic of buildcon Apoc well said. In conclusion if you can’t understand that your actions just like everyones affect the standing of aloha then the ban is well deserved. Hopefully this ban will teach you the effects of your actions. Remember you were let off easy by timi for greifing and spamming when in the past from what I have heard it used to be week long bans, but you refused to learn your lesson.

Edit: where in your ban did it say annoying ahole?

User allowed to attend BuildCon, if behaving nicely ban will be reduced or most likely removed.

I was around for this incident on IRC. Just saying he should not be attending an Aloha event if he’s been banned on one of our servers. And I’m pretty sure you’ll have to remove the ban to allow him to play there.

Either way not cool with making a spectacle of this in IRC only for it now to be meaningless. You may as well just unban him altogether.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

The guy really wanted to attend the BuildCon and he was doing everything in his power to make that happen, unfortunately he was doing that in the public channel, where people will always be on the side of the banning admin, making a minor problem bigger. He told me a lot about building and how seriously he takes it. That he was having a rough day. Me being me, I was willing to make a compromise, this was our compromise. It was not too strict and not too lenient, putting the result of his ban in his hands.

Either way not cool with making a spectacle of this in IRC only for it now to be meaningless. You may as well just unban him altogether.

First off, it wouldn’t have been a spectacle if everyone minded their on business that including you. Only Salina and I should have been talking to him since she was searching logs, and I was the one who banned him. Secondly that defeats the whole purpose of banning; to teach a lesson, punishment on aloha servers is to prevent the said “crime” from happening again.

Now that’s my perspective, let’s see yours.

It’s Timi’s appeal, Juxta, kindly fuck off.

He’s unbanned now.

Buildcon started good, then somone DB-ed the map. After that we all lost our standard building commands , me and sem quit thanks for the opportunity timi :-X

That was an unfortunate incident, the lad did it mistakenly. Thanks for coming and participating though!

Superman, just give us a bit of time.

We’ll have those scripts working, without the risk of exploits. Meanwhile the competition has been extended 24 hours.

Of course you can currently build with the commands you have available to you.

Hmm… that gives me the choise:
Rebuilding everything ; Land, trees and tower
Or: quitting
IF we get all the commands back i’ll discuss it with Semi
Let me know if there is anything new.

All commands are available now, except sculpt and plane.