What would make people play more?

Well, some popular servers would do let’s plays on their own server and server tours that promotes them. Like FyreUK?

Froelich is refering to when anonymous butt-raped me and a few other people with his sword when he pissed us off. All’s good now though.

I suppose a good question to ask is what would make all of you join back? Not just new people, but you veterans too!

I’d join if we could have that update for 1.8, however I heard that bukkit devolpers ditched, so…I’d join regardless

The 1.8 update will take place when Spigot is ready for it. We’re not going to rely on bukkit getting it’s shit together.

Sounds good to me!

When 1.8 is playable. The performance boost makes it much more enjoyable for people like me who can’t afford to spend money on fancy graphics cards.

If we did a new map, I would place a world border on. 2kx2k or maybe 3000x3000, something like that.

Second, if we did a new map it’d be for 1.8

Third, either way I’m going to start to organize events, build events, pvp events, something at least monthly.

Fourth, haux and QuietRain are able to pull a lot of weight in the polls. Why? Simply, they play the most. Punch too, and his friend. They simply have played the most, I would say. So their votes carry more weight.

Who’s to say, if we reset the world, that a bunch of people would come back and then leave soon after like what happens with every update?

Also, much of what people want in a new world is possible already! Want a new start? Then go off into a new place and do so! Want to play coop, then ask someone and do it? Etc.

If you do delete the world upload a save here for anyone who wants to work on it. It might be interesting to open a ftb or tekkit (if they still are updating) server. (We can repurpose the public server if it doesn’t work out in say 4 months, anyone that we trust thats wants to play from the communiry can be invited)

Hey I still play, I just havent in about a month

Let’s just all build a house together and see what happens.

Thinking of doing a build event in October.

I was thinking we could make spawn town a bit more, well, ‘there,’ so like a shop or store building contest?

There could be different categories: prettiness, usefulness/usability, and something like uniqueness?

People bring their own supplies.

How’s that sound?

Good except I have marching band competitions all month except next weekend

Something that’s irrelevant, and I am asking this because I didn’t really keep track of the server.

What is going to happen with the server that Scipio and people were working on with the spawn?

@Anon it’s up, it’s mc.aloha.pk! Free for everyone

I am not opposed to a new world, though I would have expected more protest from Haux/QR for all the packratting they’ve done to this point #MCRICH. Can’t speak on Scott’s opinion at the moment but I believe he would not see it as the end of the world.

Don’t know much about economics in game or cost of luxuries like teleporting but if they were implemented just explain them to me like i am a seven year old and thats fine too.

If you recall I did try to put together a UHC Event in the past that stalled and turned into a small get-together, but it did recieve a lot of interest from the trusted and up. Just couldn’t get a solid time together for the majority. Would not be opposed to creating maps for future events again.

1.8 is probably a big deal. It is the 2nd biggest reason I have not been on besides lack of free time.

Initial World border is a good idea to promote building initial bases in a close knit area. We can travel as far as we want for resources after the fact but the current world does have a SP feel to it and doesn’t inspire much collaboration.

I mostly communicated with Froe in private regarding my concerns. QR does not have a forum account here, but I’ll suggest she create one and post if she has anything to add. She pretty much feels the same way I do, though.

My personal concern is that a new world may completely destroy my interest in the server. This scenario plays out in my head: a new world is created to attract players to the server, the plan works and some people return and play for a while, I lose interest in mc as I have no desire to “start over” and I stop playing, other players get bored as they have before shortly after major updates, now the server has NOBODY playing on it. If this happens- what has been accomplished? Absolutely nothing.

Froe has pointed out that everything one seeks to accomplish by starting a new world can be done right now. If you want to start over and build closer to spawn, abandon your stuff and do it. There’s no need to drag everyone else into it. I’d bet that the majority of the votes for “Yes” in this poll are by people who haven’t seriously played in ages.

The original idea was that people build away from each other so as not to interfere with each others’ builds or mines. I think we’re working in the right direction by encouraging building together by implementing the currency system for teleports and essentially throwing out the old rule of “don’t build close to other people”. Also, build events may further this agenda.

The original idea was don’t build close to people unless invited/permission is given.

Why? Because at the time that’s what people wanted, for the most part. It was the simplest way to reduce conflict, etc.

The game has changed, the server has changed.

I still do not support a new world!

I like the idea of a border…then again there’d be people who wouldn’t be in it because they’re 100,000 blocks away from spawn, and they’d be pissed

I remember when i started to play there was still a few people playing together, visiting each other, etc (yeah when you see an house on the other side you’re curious). But one of the problem is, maybe, that people can be very far away to each other. For example if there are 3 people playing, they will not have any interaction, and a player will feel like he is playing alone.
This is what i noticed when i joined the server.

I think we should organize more event, and if you want to create a new world, ask people to build near each other and not 300 000 blocs away for example.

Or maybe, why not, generating a all new world, and doing a kind of event “Conquer the new world”. Or maybe on the same map, just tell people to move on x y z, with some tasks; but it will not be that much into the vanilla spirit i guess

Also, we could think about opening this server to trusted people from the community (or create an apply system)