What would make people play more?

Hey everyone, haux and I have noticed nearly no one playing the private server. So we were wondering if there was some way to entice some of you guys back!

I’m open to limited mods, but they’d have to be bukkit only.

Maybe players from outside of the trusted ring? Overall more people on the server would help some people? We could invite people from mc forums, even?

A new world? And if we did a new world any restrictions?

We are flexible, lets figure this out!

Any more ideas?

From the list above, the only idea I personally approve of is getting some people from outside of Aloha (staff and friends) in there.

Like start recruiting people from say the minecraft forums? It wouldn’t have to be a lot, 2-3 at a time here and there.

It would also get them to join the aloha community, as a plus.

I could ask some of my friends

I only stopped playing cus I finally got sick of 20fps to 1fps lag spikes every two minutes.

As for what would make people play, I really don’t know - except for a new map?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I juzt have not had time to do squat. Even the public mc server hasn’t had a full post put up because of time :frowning:

I havent played due to school, but i would love a server with mods, industrial like

I’ve been too busy with a new job, a new house and a new city to get acclimated to. Perhaps getting new people to play would help, but I think a new map may make that job easier. I think our current map is too spread out and it has mostly felt like many single player worlds on one BIG map.

Using the new versions (with the rendering fixed) made me want to play more and since we want bukkit, it seems like a long time will pass before we can use this great feature.

I don’t care either way personally, but I couldn’t in good conscious let anyone who votes no lose their stuff.

what’s the point of playing MC if the world you’re playing on will just be wiped?

a permanent world is a special thing…

what about just changing the initial spawn location?

We’ve changed spawn locations once, and it’s another option we can do!

What’s with changing a world?

Well, there are many things in the world that once you have them you don’t need another one; xp grinders, wither farms, iron farms, animal farms, etc. It can takes months to get all of that going; we already have that, so if we made a new world we’d (in theory) gain back months of content we can all do.

And, there’s other benefits too. All new stuff; the world was updated in 1.7, the last update, which is why we originally moved the spawn location. A new world that is homogeneous would be nice.

Then there’s the fresh start. You have to start amassing your wealth again; start your way from the bottom and work your way up once again. This time with the 1.8 features… Well, for most it’ll be with a whole bunch of new stuff. Many new features to updates really only make sense/work as you’re working your way to the “top,” but many are already there.

A permanent world is a special thing. But, why have a world no one plays on? Starting a new world would bring back players, which not only livens up the server but also makes it so new people are more likely to join and stick around.

I’m on the fence, for a new world or not. But keep in mind it’s only one of many ideas I have.

Another neat thing with a new world is it’d be a good chance to declare some new rules/plugins; maybe we make /home cost money this time, like the public server, for example?

making /home cost money doesnt sound so good, If anything. I wish we could join with other players more easily.
coop is a legend when youre at the other side of the world and have more important things to worry about than build nether hub and hundred mile rail track.

btw, I dont feel so bad to lose the stuff I have, Im poor anyway. just gimme a heads up when youre going ahead with the “clean up” so I can take a few screens or smth, so I can remember what I did.

As of right now, Froe has implemented a cost of $100 per teleport via /spawn or /home. The only tradeable item is diamond, at a rate of $200 for 1 diamond. I think this is worth discussing, and I think maybe the diamond to teleport ratio might be worth changing to 1:4. I’ll discuss this more with him when I give it some more thought. Lapis will also be included in the currency transfer when we think of some good numbers for it.

I think this is a good idea because the idea always been to keep the server as vanilla as possible. Right? Correct me if I’m wrong. With a vanilla server or singleplayer, there is no /spawn or /home. The ability to use these commands has always felt at bit cheap to me. Almost like cheating. This sort of thing may balance that a bit…

Yeah when I was adding that in it took longer than expected, so I wasn’t able to tell anyone before heading off to work! (on break now!) lapis blocks are sellable too, at a price of 50$ per block, iirc. You’re right haux, 1 diamond is expensive for only two teleports. Maybe what ypu said is better
however, this will encourage people to not live as far away from the world over tome and play more vanilla like.

isn’t it possible to save the old map and start a poll to vote on who wants a new map and who not?
I haven’t red this thread completely,but can’t we also allow people that aren’t trusted or above play(i mean the people that aren’t on the staff list).
And if it’s possible to save the map,maybe host a new server for a new map, and whoever wants to play on the.old map can do it on the old map(well if it’s not too much)

But its hard to fing a good place and living close to eachother could lead to space issues.

I’d really like a new map. And this time maybe we could cooperate to build the canal this time

i want to play mc, really, and I want to do something huge like this. Would love to help.

So tell me, how would a new map bring more people in to work on a project like this?

And, why wouldn’t what happened the first time happen again? What would be different?

All things people want with a new world is possible now. “We want a fresh start” then drop all your items and do so. “We want to play more coop” then do so, what’s stopping you?