WARNING: Block Glitching is a Huge Offense (Ban Appeal: Ug / Al)

WARNING:
Using the “Block Glitch” to cause a grenade to damage blocks that you can not damage with your gun or spade is a “Huge Offense” and will get you banned.
This applies to babel server and any other game mode where there are some blocks that you normally can’t damage.
Learn from our mistake and don’t do it!

1) Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

There was no votekick.

2) What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

My in-game player name is Ug . My son’s in-game player name is Al . We both play on the same internet connection so I am not sure which in-game player name is relevant to the appeal.

3) What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

aloha.pk tower of babel

4) Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

After chatting to the helpful admins in #aloha IRC, I now realise that the ban was due to Block Glitching. I found out about this bug when it happened to me by accident, and I realised that it could be useful to combat griefers and to fix my building mistakes. My son and I were using the bug to fix our building mistakes when the ban happened, and had no intent to grief.

5) Why should you be unbanned?

This ban appeal is mostly intended as a warning to other players that may be using Block Glitching to stop it before they get banned.

If the admin that performed this ban chooses to reduce the ban duration then that would be greatly appreciated, but not at all expected.

We have learned a valuable lesson from this ban. We apologise for the use of this bug and will not intentionally use it ever again.

We didn’t realise that the bug was considered to be a “Huge Offense” and could result in being banned, until it happened to us and I was informed of the severity of the bug by izzy. My son and I never used the bug to grief, because we find griefers highly irritating and would never intentionally do that to others (Golden Rule: Don’t do things to other people that you wouldn’t want them to do to you).

We only ever intentionally used the bug to fix our building mistakes (we take pride in our buildings in Ace of Spades) or to remove blocks placed by griefers (in babel they change teams and build walls on our stairs to make it harder for us to climb up). Due to the grenade not always exploding where we intended it to, sometimes blocks would be removed unintentionally but we would always replace them immediately because we had no intent to grief.

Now that we know that ANY use of this bug (even for good purposes) is a bannable offense we will never intentionally use it again.

6) When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

I am not sure what time zone makes sense for this since we play from Australia. The ban happened less than 24 hours before this posting.

Thank you aloha.pk for all of your wonderful servers, and a big thank you to the hard working admins that keep them fun for everyone to play on by removing cheaters and griefers.

Edit: Clarified apology.

When I was watching you, it didn’t seem that you were using it “to fix building mistakes” you were using the glitch along the bridge which led to the stairs that many individuals were building. The original ban is 2 weeks. I will shorten it to 4 days from this post as you seem to have a very good understanding on why this glitch is banable and you understand enough to not do it again.

Dear colorpinpoint

Thank you very much for shortening the ban duration to 4 days. I did not expect that and greatly appreciate your actions as an aloha admin to make the aloha servers a great place to be.

I’m not sure if you noticed or not, but I was one of the first to start building that bridge along with other players, and with many of us working on it together some blocks ended up being accidentally misplaced by myself and others. I admit that one of my personal weaknesses is that I am a bit of a perfectionist and when some blocks were in the wrong places, or of the wrong colour, we were using the bug to fix those problems to make the bridge look as nice as possible and be easy to run along without having to dodge around misplaced blocks.

However, that is not really important now that we know that what we were doing was wrong, so the most important thing is that we have learned a very valuable lesson.

A lesson that I hope anyone reading this thread can learn from without making the same mistake.

Thank you for your time

Ug / Al