thebigpink

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

Yes. It has been a few hours since I last made a login attempt.

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

I am thebigpink.

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

I was playing on the Aloha Tower of Babel Server.

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

I was disgracefully griefing the team I should have been helping. Specifically I was blocking passage ways within our tower zone (that my fellow players couldn’t simply dig them out) to prevent them from using them.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

It was wrong what I did plain and simple and for this I apologize. Griefing is, along with hacking, one of the biggest issues with the game play of B&S. I would argue that griefing is the worse of the two. When someone is hacking, this creates a general united front against the hackers among all of the players as its an obvious form of cheating. Griefing however causes great distress and quickly unravels any sense of solidarity and teamship in the game. It makes it no fun and it takes quite a bit of selfishness to do it consciously. I acted in that selfish way. When the gameplay went in a direction that I didn’t want it to go, I allowed myself to get frustrated and instead of doing anything resembling a rational action (hell, ragequitting would have been dandy) I instead decided to take it out on my fellow teammates. Worse yet, I feel like this was a moment of culmination, that is, that lately I’ve been ebbing toward being a bit of a shit on that particular server. That my trolling has crossed the line to just plain shouting, and that I’m maybe cluttering up the game a bit at times. For this I also apologize.

I love this game. I love the Build&Shoot community. I know my behavior has been wrong and that I took enjoyment away from other people in that moment, that this is a fledgling if solid community that doesn’t need any new gamers coming on and seeing behavior like mine today. This hurts the community that I have spent innumerable hours on and would like to in the future. I promise, and my name is a well known one and easy to keep track of, that if I am unbanned I will never again grief so callously and that I will do my best to work with the team that I am on toward fun competition, and good old building & shooting. Thank you for considering my appeal.

thebigpink

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

Today, October 29th, 2015, at approximately 4:30pm, Central Time

Hi thebigpink,

I have contacted your banning admin. Please be patient and stay off the servers for the time being.

Thanks,
Ferrari

Thanks, you’ve been unbanned.