thebigpink, ban appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

Yes

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

thebigpink, aka thebigstink

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

Tower of Babel

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

I’m almost certain that I was banned owing to a level of trash talk that was making the other players uncomfortable, and therefore making the game less enjoyable for them. As we were playing, I kept trash talking the opponent team to an extent that they as well as teammates of my own asked me to tone it down. I was enjoying myself too much and being generally self-centered to a gross extent. I was told that I was using the “n-word,” I however was not. I was indeed using the term “nigga” which if unacceptable didn’t seem as such to me at the time. At that time I was muted.

If I wasn’t banned for the above, it was because as I attempted to reconnect and apologize, I was kicked with no opportunity to explain myself. I believe this was unjustified as I have in the past shown myself to be someone who, if too easily gets flustered and caught up in the game, is always willing to to apologize and play ball.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

If I am unbanned, I promise that I will tone down my trash talk, as even I must admit its gotten a little heavyhanded and unwanted this summer. Quite a few in the community know me to be a player of longstanding, who, if without a pristine reputation, is nevertheless obviously an ardent fan of the game, and only ever wishes what is best for the community. Going forward, I will use the team chat for what its intended, which I believe to be 1) keeping up with fellow players, 2) to facilitate the game play, 3) to make the game more enjoyable (via some jokes and conversation), and even 4) a suitable level of trashtalk which doesn’t denegrate from the overall enjoyability of the game

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

Today, at approximately 6:30 North American Central Time

Hello,

I am the admin who banned you from babel. I am glad to hear you promise to aloha’s community that you will not talking trash to everyone and make the game more enjoyable.

Your ban is lifted.

Thanks,

Nathan