The End - new or old? Poll

Hey, so with the 1.9 update the End saw some huge changes - because of this, the old end has to convert over. For the moment, we are using a temporary end. What this also means is the temporary end looks like it is supposed to in the 1.9 update (different layout than previously).

So, the question proposed:

should we continue to use the temporary end as our main end world from now on, or switch to the old end as soon as possible?

Another question to ask is should we sell Elytra’s (at a higher than reasonable price?) at a sign shop at spawn? Or should we wait and see how things play out over time?

So, those are the two questions.

There are logistical issues with not keeping the old end, I am aware of that.

I do prefer new but either way would work for me.

As far as selling the wings - we’ve only had 1.9 for about 5 minutes, what’s the hurry?

The new end is fine. The only thing i’m worried about is the end farm that contains a lot of chests of various items and enchantments that if possible I think we should try and move it to the new world.

As for selling elytra I think we should wait a while before we offer them for sale. Give people a reason to raid the end (or what is left after the 6 hour raid xD)

What shy said, I also think we could move the enderfarm with MC edit. I mean, is there really that much worth it in the old end? The only reason ppl were going was because of the end farm to get XP and it got replaced by FF super gold farm.

About selling Elytra’s, there is no hurry, they are pretty easy to find and you probably have friend on the server part of the 6 hour raid that can hook you up with some.

Also, if loots get to hard to find in the end, i think we could just reset the new part of the end and keep the old one

Shoosh, I would say it would be for lazy rich ppl but i would be rude to half the server so …

“easy to find” no, go fuck yourself. They are easy to find when you don’t have to travel 8 1/2 thousand blocks by foot. You jackasses raided all those fucking temples and didn’t even leave a mark or sign to show you were there. I died at least 6 times making walkways, lost fishfucker, and when i found a god damned boat it was raided without any sign anybody had been there. couldn’t have left a torch even? Froe you may as well already reset the end or start selling them. The highlight of my night was when i found a second boat,unraided, and the dragon head just up and vanished after i broke it. I watched the item fall to the ground and when i went down to get it about 2 seconds later it was gone.

Well, you guys hoovering up everything within reach in the end was pretty rude to the rest of the server, but that didn’t stop you.

Perhaps a monthly reset of the end? Or some other form. I will think of something. Perhaps just the outer islands get regenerated some times, but the center island remains, allowing builds to be persistent?

Regardless. It was selfish to raid all of the close ones but it’s not the fairest to disallow it…plus, iz you raided a large # of water temples.

I don’t know what to do but we will make it work.

Don’t remind me. I lost the sword i raided almost all of them with. Those water temples sat there a bit longer than a day or two and its pretty baron where i live. The only rare thing about them is the sponges and finding a water temple is like finding a pebble on the ground. Not to mention I marked and made obvious that I raided those temples.

I heard we get new end portals to explore if we keep on killing the dragon but Idk about that. I’d have to read up on it. If so, that’s better thought out for servers with more than 3 people on them.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is the end farm also allows us to gather enderpearls. Most of us probably have a double chest or more, some may use them frequently and may need a farm available to gather them. if we reset, that is lost. And if its reset every month, would be useless to rebuild…

Gotta have my enderpearls! Keeping a central island with necessities would be great, but the wings do wear out and are rare enough to be finite within reason. Having a new hunting environment every once in a while might be nice. Selling them like a 7-11 isn’t the answer either, that’s too easy.

I’m not hoovering up anything nearby. I’m almost 30k blocks away. Also, I have about 10 elytras. I would be more than happy to share, just ask and start off on your own exploration. The end is infinite. I will say, if you really start finding things, you will DEFINITELY STOP CARING ABOUT LOSING THEM. I shit you not. It’s ridiculous how much good loot you’ll find. I’ve gotten almost a stack of dia blocks just from the end.

I’m willing to offer my services to any player who is scared, or unprepared about going to the end. I’ll do it and I will retrieve you 1 double chest worth of loot, with a service charge of 5 diamond blocks. That’s just the low price of 45 diamonds. Chances are I could get that much dia for you in the end anyways, and if I don’t, you are guaranteed diamond tools and armor, so it’s a no risk deal with a ridiculously great return rate for you. When I mean 1 double chest, I seriously mean one double chest of loot, and I will not pick out of it. It could contain 1 Elytra or many. It could contain the best swords and armor you have ever seen. It could contain a stack of diamond blocks. I make a promise I will not leech out of the loot I am payed to find.

We can make elytra’s found in other places than just the end - dungeons, stronghold chests, anything, I believe. I have not fully researched but we can use the new loot system in 1.9 to pick and choose what items get put into chests or not. We can even make mobs, say…the END dragon, drop the item?

This may be a crazy concept but how 'bout you let us play 1.9 longer than 5 damn minutes before we get tour guides with chests of loot and elytras handed out like candy? Some of us are on this ‘vanilla’ server cuz we’d like to figure a few things out for ourselves.

And Monsta? If the end is infinite and loot is plentiful why didn’t you guys start 50,000 blocks out instead of forcing the rest of the server to do that? Don’t tell us your six hours of pillaging was a magnanimous gesture - for the bargain price of 5 dime blocks.

The point of this discussion is how can we minimize the effects of this while making sure everyone is happy.

Yes, we can tell people to wait to loot the end. But how long is it before it is fair to loot it? More importantly, how is it fair for those who have to wait? If they’re ready, why should they have to wait for others? And why should they be told to only take a little bit. That’s not a very great system.

So, what I want to do is make it so people who join the server a year from now still have reasonably easy access to Elytras. I am sorry for starting the discussion “early”.

There is no way to win if we tell people to wait and there is no way to win if people loot the place like crazy. But we also can’t go around policing the end and telling people how to play a sandbox game.

At this moment I think the best course of action is to do 3 steps:

a) remove the 1.9 end we are using at the moment.
b) for a short time period, replace it with the old-end we had. So that we can transfer over items from there.
c) regenerate the end, again. So people who missed out on looting it the first time can now loot it.

I believe this will work the best. The demand for Elytra’s will go down with time, which means I do not think regular regeneration of the end is a good solution. I do believe that making the Elytra accessible, perhaps by end dragon drops, dungeon loot, or other means, is a great solution.

Now then, I would much rather receive feedback on the idea I proposed just now, for the future, than to read more about how some players are playing their game.

I knew you’d turn this in to some sort of monopoly thing monsta. Go eat a dick Ill do my own exploring.

I really like all of those ideas Froe. Great solutions.

Good ideas Froe.

"But we also can’t go around policing the end and telling people how to play a sandbox game. " That’s true Froe, but not the issue I see. The game is just the game, it’s the behavior of a small group in a community who act selfishly and with disregard for others in the community. What you need to do Froe, in your spare time, is teach these clowns some manners. :slight_smile:

I’m going to apologize for being a bit insulting to people if I was, but there is a misconception here. Everyone is under the influence we circled around and completely went ham on every temple in 400k square blocks. If you ask Pun, or anyone else who has taken some sort of time in the end, we all went 2 general directions. I’ve gathered most of my loot from over 10k blocks out, and we’re pretty much travelling in diagonals. Twoday is the only player I’m aware of who did some sort of snake patterns. Everyone seems to have headed the same direction as us, and therefore we cannot be held accountable for taking the things in our lines, when in reality you could just make your own line. Anonymous is less than 5k blocks from me and he is scooping up several temples that I could have grabbed. In fact, someone found a temple less than 1000 blocks from the end gateway in a direction we didn’t go in. I’m only offering my services to people who don’t want to spend 20 minutes walking over our pre-built bridges and then fanning out 500 blocks in their own direction…literally, Twoday actually did this and scraped up over 5 temples that we missed.

In all honesty, I do like the idea of making them less rare, but as for resetting the end, I really don’t miss the old end, and from what people have been saying in the Skype calls is that the old enderfarm was pretty underpowered and less than what it could have been. I really am attached to the current end, as I killed the dragon. However, I lost the egg while exploring the end, and I’m going to be respawning one soon so I can reclaim it…and also so I can get ender acid. If you really want to regenerate the end, I’m willing to do something to help the players to head in the right direction away from everyone else’s lines.

Guys, this isn’t worth fighting over. The point of this thread is to post ideas and NOT batter other ideas. So if you have a good idea feel free to post it.

Otherwise if a lot of people want both the old and new end it shouldn’t be that hard to set up a multiverse (When it updates) and switch between the two.

Even if i risk a lot right now fuck it, i just want to say everything that most of the ppl that reads this thread might no know
you guys are mad? fine! go to my base and take whatever the fuck you want!
You can even destroy my entire base area with TNT!
Go spread the hate rain on my base!
seriously ffs…

I hate being that kind of guy but the only thing i see in this thread is hate

It’s not my problem if you guys didn’t showed up when the server was updated.

• We all did need to walk a lot (specially me since i found the first 3elytra for monsta falcolo and myself)
    I lost stuff too, AKA my god set, Sword armor bow pickaxe, and i honestly don’t care about loosing everything.

I got 5 pairs of Elytra’s and i even Offered you isreal to give you one and i warned you that they would be hard to find. You said: no i’ll find one myself. And now i see you hating on me cause i explored and i see you insulting other players… I mean… REALLY??? it’s a freaking game nothing to cry about jeez.
Note: DON’T SAY I DIDN’T TELL I REMEMBER TELLING YOU AT THE SAME TIME THAN I TOLD IT TO PUN
It’s your problem, don’t make it over flow on the others

As i said i’m open to give stuff to ppl and i don’t care. Minecraft is a game where starting from the bottom with nothing is funnier than being an OP guy. But when you become OP… well you need to get yourself something to occupy yourself and i found it in the end.
I honestly didn’t have that much fun playing MC in a while since there wasn’t anything new and it was same old boring stuff.
Now i hear ppl complaining about me having fun… yea… kinda pushes me out the game… ain’t no fun anymore.

Now, Can we please come back to the main point of this thread? you know? Searching for ideas and stuff to make the end a better place.

Please no fighting… :’( Aloha means peace too!

Great ideas Froe. I’m not sure if it’s possible, but what about random teleports for the end?

Also, hurry up and bring the server back! :’(