The End - new or old? Poll

Stop acting like you’re victims Two, it doesn’t suit you. You still don’t get it, it’s not about the end, it’s about forgetting, or ignoring, the fact that there are other people on the server. Maybe they don’t want handouts, maybe they want to explore. But you guys didn’t even mark the sites you raided. Now folks have to do double the work to find something unspoiled.

This is just the end loot left behind at spawn because there was too much to carry. Victims my ass.

I did go to the end to explore two. I destroyed about half the end crystals, got killed by the end dragon, and then had to go to work for 10 hours. As I remember you couldn’t or wouldn’t help until i left. I wasn’t pissed that you guys played the game. I was angry that I came back to discover I had to travel 3 hours and die 8 times just to get out of the land you guys looted. I even went in my own direction and didn’t find your path. What also pissed me off was the unmarked temples. Do you not realize how annoying it is get up one of those things, after traveling and dying that much, to find empty chests without a sign anybody had been there, much less to find your first boat like that? Of course I’m not going to accept free elytra from your loot. I don’t and shouldn’t need handouts to play. I’m going to walk the 10 k blocks even if I’m pissed off and keep dying because that’s the kind of person I am. I was over this a while ago and rehashing this fight is pointless. Most people are starting to find the new lands and everybody without an elytra has the option for a free one, from me or whoever else has more than enough and is willing to share.

It’s over and done and solutions are being thought up. Live long and play minecraft.

I suggest these things as both parties are obviously at an impasse. I’ll add more things to the list if more solutions are thought up.

For those exploring the End:

1. Explore the End instead of circling around the End spawn so that people wanting to explore will find a certain unexplored area after branching out from spawn for about 3k blocks or so.
  2. Mark the End temples that are explored with a cobblestone on the entrance.
  3. Offer equipment that you are not going to use to the players that do not explore the End for free or at a cost. (Not at an absurd cost) (No one is going to HAVE to buy or receive them. Don’t ask for it if you don’t want one)
  4. Share elytras with the server as they are quite essential to exploring the End. (Once again, no one is FORCED to take them, but due to the fact that end ships are not that common and that most of the ships are explored near spawn, you are most likely going to need it to start exploring the End)

Both parties, please be polite to each other.

By saying that some people do not want handouts and wanting to explore without free loots just thrown at them, I don’t know why you are contradicting yourself by presenting the picture of my loot and saying how the explorers are selfish because we have too many items. We are “playing the victim” as you put it because we simply took advantage of the update and explored while some others did not. Everyone had an opportunity to explore the End at this point, I would assume. I see you on the server frequently, shoosh, surely you had the time to explore the End, you simply chose to stay at the Overworld. So don’t go on talking as if some people played with an unfair headstart of this update. Even I, the owner of the loot you’ve just shared on the thread, started to explore the End cities a few days after the update came out.

Tomorrow the old end will be put in place for some time. I would encourage people who have a huge urge to raid the end, to do so then, to get as much of the urge out of them. Once we clear out enderender chests of all the gear and whatnot, we will, once again, generate a new end.

This means that people will have had 3 ends in total to raid. The initial urge to explore and loot the End should be done by the time of the 3rd. This means, in theory, that the 3rd end will have much more to give to players who have not raided yet. I hope, for the moment, this is a fair solution. It maximizes the number of Elytra’s and other loot out there for everyone, past present and future. Remember, the End has to work for people for a long time.

It is not just your personal playground - please remember this. In my opinion having a rare and sought-after item be gotten by this method is a rather poor implementation, but we can work on that ourselves in the future if it is necessary.

So, this is your last call for input: tomorrow I want to begin the transition. If you do not agree with this please let me know.

I will personally head 10k blocks from the end spawn and continuously head the same direction. Also for some reason, there wasn’t any way to get dragon breath last time, so could you make sure that the dragon can spew it this time?