Suggestion for Server Settings

ok i went ahead and applied these settings to both servers:

• 3D spotting off
  • kill cam off
  • 3rd person vehicle cam off

Did a bit of research on Sunday… might be worth keeping an eye on this server:

Korea DUNKIN’ DONUTS - 24/7 Heavy Metal 800 Ticket
( GameTracker.com : No Statistics Available )

I’m not sure if their statistics (will) correlate with aloha’s (in terms of ebb and flow between them) but, since they are the only other server in Asia running 24/7 heavy metal, it might be worth watching them over the next week or two.

(NB: I’m referring to the weekly/monthly statistics rather than the server ranking - I can’t figure out what metric they use to determine ranking).

any idea what settings it’s using?

a couple weeks ago our Tokyo server was ranked 45th, at one point i think 39th. today it’s 315th. it started losing rank before we changed any settings so maybe that server did split some of the activity. doesn’t matter though, our server is still very popular and we have a strong base of regulars so as long as they keep playing with us we’ll continue doing our own thing. that other server is just like any other Dunkin’ Donuts anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

aw man, we had a good discussion going about how these settings were affecting activity on the servers. darn that hard drive failure. >:(

KSTA, yes the settings pretty much killed the LA server. take a look at this weekly graph:

the settings went into effect on Sunday and were removed Thursday afternoon. the spikes in activity happened before and after that.

here’s Tokyo’s weekly graph with the same settings applied during the same period:

less than half its usual activity.

with vanilla settings each server filled up on its first day of creation so more time testing these semi hardcore settings likely won’t increase activity. as of now both servers are back to vanilla settings and will remain that way for time to come.

harry, i was in the middle of replying to your post when the web server crashed. you suggested replacing the LA server with a second Tokyo server using these semi hardcore settings. the problem with that is LA is a major hub for so many locations and pings the lowest for Hawaii and many parts of the Pacific and North America, and routes well to Asia too. closing that location wouldn’t be good for those of us who live east of Asia.

if 10 people sign here for a second Asia server with these semi hardcore settings promising to play on it and help populate it, i’ll put up the funds for it. it would be smaller though, 20 slots or so, because judging by the graphs any more than that would be unnecessary.

la_weekly_050611.png

tokyo_weekly_050611.png

Hey good playing with you (different squads, but still). I still think it’s the modified tag that kills it, but people seem to be playing well. I like the fact that the server takes care of the base rape/camping for us.

Well, seems that changing the server settings to anything remotely hardcore and not ONLY will everyone fly south, but the battlefield 2 God(s?) will SMITE any related admin servers and forums into failing hard-drive dust…

Not only that, my new router is also playing up meaning I can’t play until I get a new one.

PLEASE BC2 GOD(S?), FORGIVE US!!!

lol seriously lighten up on us we’re just trying to have fun

what router did you get? why not use your old one?

yeah KSTA that hardcore icon is way too powerful. glad you like the deployment protection stuff, i have mixed feelings about it so feedback helps.

May I know what the actual max ping for this server?

375 but i’m thinking about lowering it to 300 or maybe even lower because lately a lot of people have been complaining about high pingers.

why do you ask?

Naa… just wondering. Coz I been kicked too much lately. :’(

really? you’re in Malaysia, aren’t you? and your ping is over 375?

My ping to the Tokyo server is increased form 6x to 17x =.=

Are there any way to restrict the opponent team to enter our base? Most of the steal attack helicopter from our base. Can you imagine how we rape by 2 attack helicopter?

since when? is it always that high now or only during certain times of the day? do you ping lower to other servers?

no, the game doesn’t send player locations unless they attack someone.

presently we don’t have any rules against stealing vehicles. the best way to stop enemies from stealing your vehicles is by killing them when they enter your base or letting them kill you while you’re in your base so they get auto punished. or just use the vehicles yourself before they can get to them.

you WON’T be punished if:

• you attack an enemy who is inside your deployment zone
  • you use a stationary gun (VADS, TOW, KORN) inside your deployment zone to attack an enemy
  • you attack an enemy who is using a stationary gun inside his deployment zone

you WILL be punished if:

• you attack an enemy without a stationary gun who is outside your deployment zone while you are inside your deployment zone

but i’m glad you asked the question because it’s about time we have this discussion: should we disallow stealing vehicles from deployment zones?

i have two concerns:

[ol]- it would take away some freedom from the game, which is what i love about Battlefield

• if we see an enemy using his enemy’s vehicle, how do we know if he stole it from the deployment zone or if he took it from an enemy who abandoned it and/or he killed on the battlefield?[/ol]

Ok, can’t take anymore 3D “Wallhack” Spotting, especially in this open map, every time I tried to hide in the treeline is useless because many player use Q to find me even they don’t see me, and then I killed my a tank which don’t notice me before I was tagged by 3D spotting exploit.