Suggestion for Server Settings

Hey Izzy, if you’re working on it - did you still want those bits translated?

(The current ‘bulletin board’ kanji is clear)

hold off on translating that stuff for now

it won’t be necessary if the localization works out

thanks

ok well it’s far from perfect but it’s a start.

click the Japan flag at the top near the center of the site to load the Japanese localization. it translates static text around the site, including some of the most important stuff such as buttons and the registration page. it misses some things but better than nothing. we’ll fine-tune it in time. i haven’t tested it thoroughly so let me know if you notice anything super whacky. thanks.

it missed this stuff, i need help translating:

There are no usernames associated with that email.

Allow users to email me

Sticky Topic

Read your messages

Send a message

Unread Posts

Summary

Account Settings

Forum Profile

View the memberlist

front page/entrance/home (to replace “start” in the top menu)

forum index (to replace “forum” in the top menu)

also does 子板 mean “sub-forums” or should it be written differently?

hey, sorry took a while - had to research some of these technical terms!

There are no usernames associated with that email.
メールアドレスまたはパスワードが正しくありません

Allow users to email me
ほかのユーザからメール受け取りを許可する

Sticky Topic
ブックマークトピック

Read your messages
新しいメッセージ

Send a message
メッセージを書く

Unread Posts
未読投稿

Summary
総合

Account Settings
基本設定

Forum Profile
プロフィール

View the memberlist
メンバーリスト

front page/entrance/home (to replace “start” in the top menu)
トップページ

forum index
電子掲示板索引

Also, maybe subsection is 小区分

awesome, thanks a ton. this should just about complete the Japanese localization. i’ll probably find other things that need translating. let me know if you see anything too.

ok some more, this should be the last of the most important stuff:

Registration Form
Redirect Board

private message stuff:

Conversation
Sent Items
Delete Conversation
Your message has been sent successfully
Actions
Change Settings

profile stuff:

Preferred Language
Notify by email every time you receive a personal message

Ok, here’s the next batch. The one for ‘Redirect board’ and ‘Action’ are both kind of guesstimates… what is a redirect board anyway?
Cheers
B

Registration Form
会員登録

Redirect Board
ボードリダイレクト

private message stuff:

Conversation
会話

Sent Items
送信済みメール

Delete Conversation
削除

Your message has been sent successfully
メッセージを送信しました

Actions
作用

Change Settings
設定変更

profile stuff:

Preferred Language
表示言語

Topics
トピック

Notify by email every time you receive a personal message
新しいメッセージ通知(Eメールで)

great!! thanks again :slight_smile:

redirect board is basically just a link, so it appears as a category/forum but actually just links wherever. we don’t have any but the feature is there should we ever need it. besides, seeing that lone English among all the Japanese was bothering me so it just had to be translated! :smiley:

ok Tokyo server is full - it’s 5:15 pm Friday in Japan. i’m going to disable 3D spotting and add your announcement message about it right now. let’s see if players stick around. i have some things to finish up before i can play but i’ll join in the next hour or so.

I saw some other BFBC2 server have a better auto admin system, which allow player to start a vote to kick player, using Flashing Message to warn player don’t base rape, any idea how they do it?

added votekick and voteban:

to start a votekick or voteban, type:

!votekick name [optional reason]
!voteban name [optional reason]

!vote yes to vote for a votekick or voteban already in progress. voteban requires twice as many votes as votekick to be successful.

Seems that all the auto admin is disabled, what happened? Ore base is being rape by enemy right now!

the server was crashing so much today, i turned off the admin stuff in an attempt to just keep it online. it hasn’t crashed since then so i’m slowly turning back on the most important features first. i think the votekick plugin may be the problem.

ok everything is back to normal. i’m leaving votekick off for now. 3D spotting is also off.

Just wondering if something has changed (sorry didn’t read whole thread) because I noticed the server has the grey hardcore label. This is on the LA server btw.

only 3D spotting was turned off, that’s why it has the grey hardcore label now. actual hardcore mode is still off though. it seems to be liked on the Tokyo server so i figured we’d try it on the LA server.

the Tokyo server is probably headed for these settings: 3D spotting off, third person vehicle cams off, kill cam off

i’d prefer to keep both servers identical (but they don’t have to be) so i’m leaning toward that config for the LA server as well. what do you think?

I think it’s good like that. 3D spotting is basically a wall hack anyways. My only concern was that if people have hardcore filtered off in their server browser they wouldn’t see the server.

that’s my concern too

great minds think alike