Star Made

Also if you go to catalogue, then click available it will show all the ships that have been saved by all others that have played on the server.

Therefore you could buy one of those and “Steal” their design.

server updated again:

Submitted by schema on Tue, 07/09/2013 - 09:38

Hello and welcome to StarMade,

this update contains some critical fixes for the servers, a pretty big change to shield balance, some new handy admin tools, and some general fixes.

Server Fixes

Some servers had problems since apparently closing a socket does not imply flush() on some machines. That basically means the connection drops without sending the last packet. This is causing clients to get EOF exceptions. Please note that you will get EOF exceptions with this version if you try to connect to a server that is not yet update to this version!

Shield Balance

I don’t know yet if this works, but I have changed the balance of shields to be more powerful in smaller numbers and less overpowered in large numbers. The biggest change is an introduction of “shield recovery” on hit. This value is shown in build mode and determines the time in seconds the shields will start to recharge after a hit. This value depends on the amount of shild blocks placed on a structure.

Here is the technical data:

• shield balance:
    – capacity: (shieldBlocks*3.5)^0.66666)350
    – recharge: (shieldBlocks
    4)^0.48)*50
    – introduced recovery when hit (by shield blocks used)

Admin Tools

I developed a system using abstraction of the original system to enable admin commands from anywhere.
Console Commands

console commands are now possible. Everything not starting with a forward slash is considered a broadcast message and will be posted in chat.
StarNet: remote lightweight admin tool

With this tool (with or without GUI) it’s possible to send starmade admin commands or chat (like the console commands) to any starmade server from anywhere. This system uses the Server super password (in server.cfg). You also have to switch the system on to be able to use the remote tool. (default is off, option in server.cfg)

Here are the version (to be added to the download section)

StarNet with GUI (windows only) http://files.star-made.org/StarNetGUI.exe

StarNet with GUI (Linux, Mac, Windows) http://files.star-made.org/StarNetGUI.jar

StarNet without GUI (Linux, Mac, Windows) http://files.star-made.org/StarNet.jar

General fixes

• fixed shield shader
  • build in server check to check for spamming blueprint buy actions (10 sec)
  • fixed modified blueprint detector to only fire once and not on every block
  • fixed blueprint detector consequence system
  • fixed type setting method for block types over 256
  • fixed crash for ships with custom blocks with blocks over 256.
  • fixed crash for ships with blocks that exceed the max block type value of 2048

Thanks for playing StarMade,

• schema

source: http://star-made.org/content/starmade-009378-fixes-shield-balance-new-admin-tools

I have named a ship after you.

I saw that Jyro. By the way…here are my ship types

Corvette Gunboat (CV-Gunboat)
Class: Corvette
Designation: Gunboat
Armaments: 8x Assault Cannons, 4x Unguided Missile Launchers

This is a type of small assault and support ship. It is a small-mid size ship that is armed with 8 laser cannons and 4 missile launchers. It is like most corvette-class ships. It is fast, and manuverable.

Broadhead Missile Cruiser (BMC)
Class: Cruiser
Designation: Missile Bomber
Armaments: 8x Guided Missile Launchers

This is strictly an assault ship. It can be used as a capital ship destroyer, and a fighter mangler. The missiles used can also be used to destroy asteroids and space stations because the missiles used can track to other ships, but otherwise can go in a straight line.

Talon Heavy Fighter (HF)
Class: Heavy fighter
Designation: Fighter killer
Armaments: 4x Assault Cannons, 2x Guided missiles.

This heavy fighter can be used to hunt other fighters, or assault capital ships and stations.

Are there blueprints of those ships?

Ofcourse. But I can’t get to em until tomorrow. Heading to Logan to fly out

ah kk.

I wonder if Jyromefedx and PXYC found my corvettes docked on the shop…

pics?

Its big, purple black and white. It also has sails.

You will have to see it for yourself izzy.

The coordinates (last I checked) were 60, -33, -58 right?

BTW Jyro…did you find my corvettes or did PXYC kidnap them.

My tips:

1. First things first, build a small salvager ship, I recommend 12 thrusters, 14 power generators, and 15 salvage cannons with a computer. and if your gunna salvage a home base of someones, I recommend 18 of that locking missile with a computer, set up in 2 layers of 3x3 so its 3x3 x 2
    (L)(W)(H)

2. Build longer away from core, o is core: |o|
    ______ | |________
    add more salvage cannons on so you can harvest plexi glass fast and easy

3. find a home sector. Take your speed ship and credits and fly. Find a home station and work on it. Maybe make it smaller so take off 1 or 2 hangars and maybe remove top if you wish. then use build blocks you make turrets in the remaining hangars and some sort of hiding thing to hide your ship at. Make sure to take a lot of hulls, generators, thrusters, and weapons with you if there isn’t a nearby shop.
    P.S. if its to close to spawn I wouldn’t recommend it b/c its very likely to be looted. on aloha server

4. park your salvage ship and add your shields and hulls on it

5. make a 2nd ship. This will be your combat ship, I recommend 1 or 2, if you do 2 I would have 1 heavy duty one with lots on missiles and turrets, and another small light weight one with 2 turrets. with the small one you can go hunting pirates and players, and with the big one defend your base.

if you make a base YOU MUST record the sector so you can go long big distance hunting hunting safely.

OR
you can make 1 single ship. I don’t recommend it though.
Make your small salvager ship I mentioned above and add your turrets and weapons to it. You may want to elimitnate some salvage cannons and replace with missiles or turrets but your choice. This ship should be medium size so you can move and fight but is large enough to have enough weapons to destroy fast and easy.

IMPORTANT: You should always build in-out ending with your hull b/c you never know what you need to rework in the middle,
and also you should have core protected the best you can, I recommend if you do the box in basics 1 that you cover it with hulls but make it so you can get it through a door BUT you cant close doors in build mode so make a tiny hallway…

That’s all I have and that is good for the start, after that you may want to make your own with special designs that work feel free.

I havn’t checked for them.

Wow, I can’t keep up. Do you guys just mine and salvage?

? what

I meant money wise, but pxyc gladly gave me $100 mil. :stuck_out_tongue:

So easy to earn money in this game. Money is basically pointless.

Would you rather schema nerf all the items values so you sell them for close to nothing?

Increase the cost of items.