[REQUEST] Danke's request thread

We’ll see how this goes, but post here if you have a map idea and maybe I’ll give it a try.
Just to be clear:
I can’t (or won’t) do scripting stuff on the map past spawns/water damage/fog color. That means no special protected areas, no “rifle only”, no stuff that requires me to actually write and run a script to get what you are asking

I can totally do weird stuff that would require scripting to pull off, like: put stuff from one map into another map, flip a map upside down, turn a map completely black. I can also just make a map.

requesting an update to binladencompound

I already made that map, it’s called joebidencompoundv7

I’d like to see Cobblestone, Warehouse or something like that.
And possibly an aim_ map.

Oh god, please no csmaps

Alright, sorry.

The Hoover dam+bridge for Babel. http://www.google.com/search?q=hoover+dam+and+bridge&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiV5oDzj-_NAhVMw2MKHQqDDtMQ_AUIBigB#mhpiv=0 sorry for the link (dont know if it works yet) i can’t attach pics with my phone and no internet till tomorrow. If the Babel platform was placed right it wouldn’t be impossibly hard to build a tower but it might end up difficult (maybe?). The bridge could end up being the key for building or it could end up the left/right of the 3 map lanes. I wouldn’t build the mountain sides up to the same height as the platform (1 abridgetoofar is enough). i really don’t know if this is a good idea or not lol. Be free to shoot it down or tweak the idea.

I spent a little too long trying to steal google map’s 3d model of the hoover dam because it is great:

It didn’t really work out, but I ended up making this:

^ Link to more images

I’m kind of happy with it, but it might be too easy to reach the platform. it’s only about 27 blocks from the “cable box” to the platform and I have no idea how OP offense might be on this map.
Could also stand to be a little more detailed.

edit: Download http://aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/hoover.html

LRAfpnp.jpg

Is that upper level actually water? I didn’t think you could change the water level. Maybe you could make a frozen or dry, post-nuclear version.

Or you could push the dam further to the edge of the map to give room to put the platform in that open area at the bottom instead of over the cable box

Looks awesome!

little update: I brought the map south 32 blocks so spawns would align with the platform, putting the cable just on the south edge of the platform instead of right in the middle. Should made the bridge a good spot to attack from.

And download link:
http://aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/hoover.html

Wow I’m speechlessly impressed (especially after toying with the map making software). It looks awesome!! I can’t wait to see how it plays. If offense turns out to be op the short build distance may balance the map. Its better than I imagined it would look. Great job and thank you!

Looks really darn good.
HYPE!

I have an idea for a map! It’s pretty jam-packed, though.

Pointe du Hoc

Images

I would love to see this as an Ace of Spades map. It is my all-time favorite Call of Duty map/mission. It would kind of be like Assault (which is also my favorite AoS map), but it would have a HUGE cliff and a small shoreline, decorated with barbed wire and those spikes at the shoreline. If you could put in some of the boats that were there, that would be awesome! Blue on top, green at the bottom?

I think this would be a really interesting map to play because of the digging/building aspect of the game. Greens could pillar up the big cliff, kind of like the rope climbing that the allies had to do. They could also treat is as a Babel match and make a huge tower. Or maybe they could tunnel their way up!

Blues could keep firing down, and they would appear to have the easy part, being on high ground. But the greenies can flank them out! I think this map would be kickass on Infiltration.

At the top of the cliff, there could be trenches, bunkers and barbed wire, and a hell of a lot of craters.

I hope you can make it, it’s a pretty big request. Thanks dude!

I don’t like CoD maps very much (especially nuketown), but I support this idea.

Well, there’s a difference between modern CoD maps (Black Ops and up) and old CoD maps (CoD 1 to about CoD WaW)

Yeah, you have a point there.
Especially some CoD maps would be great for babel/assault.

Okay so a few things that could be tweaked but maybe don’t have to be. Anybody and everybody’s input is helpful. The map itself could be raised up a little more. The tower wouldn’t be easier to build if the hillside wasn’t so steep at the top and then got steeper at the bottom. So like the real dam but the bottom “wall” being taller in our map. We’ll never be able to capture the grandeur of the actual damn because of the height limitations but maybe this could be a little bit more like abridgetoofar, the top of the map not going all the way to babel height of course. I just really like the wall height on abridgetoofar because of how overwhelming it is. The power station at the bottom of the damn could use some detail with perhaps the spawn tunnels going there instead of directly in front of each other at the bottom. Being spawned in that parking lot/bowl didn’t end up too good. The enemy just tunneled in to the sides and spawn camped and it was hard to get out of. The dam itself could also be steeper and more threatening to climb down/up. The far map behind the spawns should probably go to world height too. It would give the feeling of being trapped in a giant canyon but wouldn’t give either team an advantage. The roads could also have a way out (more of a curve to the sides of them) than there was. In general it could feel more overwhelming. Other than that I liked how it played and looked. It was different than most babel maps.

Hoover is an excellent map!
I hope you add its final version to the rotation, Danke! Kudos.

The reason Hoover makes for good gameplay, other than its novelty, is that it compensates for its large size by resembling a face-off map, thus making for good offensive gameplay, rather than a focus on building. Further, its size and relative symmetry allows for a player to attack from any direction. Remember: the ability to choose any direction after spawning makes for varied gameplay, as opposed to the tedious and repetitive gameplay that plagues some other maps.

I’d like to see more face-off maps on the rotation; I think adding an offensive ingredient to the mix would make things spicier, since assault > building instead of the usual focus on building would be a welcome change for those who enjoy pvp shooting. Just an idea.

I’d like to see if you can lowere moskva metro a bit, and we could use it as a babel map. It would be a lot of fun, fighting both in the tunnels and on the surface.