Opinions On Adding A Defuse Game Mode Server

Thoughts?

why not? sounds fun… i’ve wanted to add that feature to the AoS CS servers since the beginning of time, but never managed to get the code stable enough. is there a reliable defuse script available that could be integrated with the AoS CS servers?

I think someone made a thread similar to this one but i’ll see if I can find it later.

Izzy iirc there were a few scripts on BnS if you have access to the forums

I remember seeing one on the BuildandShoot forums but it’s probably long gone by now.

the Build and Shoot forums will be back soonish~

that script isn’t gone… if it’s the same one i think you guys are referring to, it’s not stable enough

wasnt it defuse.py?i remember seeing the name on bns.

I think that was the the name of it, or something similar to it. 10se1ucgo was a developer of it, iirc. I’ll ask him about it.

Here are videos that he made about it:

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

seems cool Kuunikal

I’m down with that for sure if we get a proper script going :slight_smile:

I contacted him through IRC and he gladly gave me the link to it on GitHub Gist; here’s the link:

He even said to me that he’s willing to work on it:

<<10se1ucgo>> let me know how that goes, im willing to work on it a bit if they do add it

Nice. It would be cool if we could end up changing the spam crouching to plant to something else. For example, you know in the king of the hill game mode where you enter a certain area that you’re trying to capture and a status bar appears? Well, what if we could program a certain area where the bomb is plantable (so just coordinates, instead of what I assume is some tent which was modified to resemble the site mark). We could change the planting action to a simple crouch, or you need to crouch and hold a letter. Furthermore, while all this is happening, a bar appears displaying the plant status.

Adding Defuse as a gamemode would be really awesome.
The only thing that bothers me is the server’s popularity (looking at the Splatoon-alike server), but it looks and sounds cool, so I’m down for it.

bump

No. No no no. Absolutely not. It sounds as if you’re going to add this to the cs server, well think again. It will stay arena, if you want this game mode have a new server or one of the less popular ones and just use the cs maps, but do not mess up cs arena.

“why not? sounds fun… i’ve wanted to add that feature to the AoS CS servers since the beginning of time, but never managed to get the code stable enough. is there a reliable defuse script available that could be integrated with the AoS CS servers?”- Izzy

A Seperate server sounds good,because arena is like search and destroy in Insurgency.

bump

http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=11029.0

Nice Necro

But in reality I was also thinking of this script/mode when I FF’s thread

Yeah, this could actually work but i dunno how would a player do to defuse a bomb ingame.