Nonlinear ban appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    Yes.

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    Nonlinear currently, though I believe I may have been using \n at the time.

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    I believe I was playing on the Hallway server.

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    IIRC, I was banned for team killing. Admin asked me to stop and I didn’t.

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    I recognize that I was in the wrong, and won’t get bored enough to resort to team killing again.

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    This is very difficult to tell, as it happened quite a while ago. I’d say anywhere between 6 months and a year ago.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thank-you for appealing your ban. I have sent a pm to the admin who banned you. They are currently away until monday and should reply as soon as they can. The ban’s recorded date was Feb 2016 for the ign /n. Until they respond please do not enter any aloha server.

Click for details

Nonlinear, the ban was in February in blockpower for using ESP, not for teamkilling.

I’m not sure what “blockpower” is, though I can assure you that I have never hacked. I see that most bans are recorded though, so do you by any chance still have the recording of my ban?

I use OpenSpades, and at the time I’m pretty sure I had a models pack installed that gave all guns “laser sights”, which were simply large colored protrusions from the sides of the weapon models. This allowed me to determine with better accuracy if players were snapping or not before initiating a votekick, but it also allowed me to occasionally see people that were hiding trough walls, and what weapon they were using from a much greater distance. I abandoned this pack a while ago in favor of my custom one, though if this is seen as too much of an unfair advantage in your eyes then I will make no attempt to reinstall it (if I’m unbanned of course). I’m fairly certain that this is your reasoning behind the ban for “ESP”, though I ask for the video for further clarification.

Thanks.

I don’t record video, but the ‘laser sights’ is definitely something that comes across as ESP. If you’re not using it anymore it’s not really an issue so I’ll just remove the ban.

For the future though, weapon models that let you see players through walls are strictly against the rules.