Major Mothafuka - unexpected ban

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    Affirmative

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    Major Mothafuka

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    aloha.pk tower of babel

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

I’m sure that I was falsely reported. I was in a server and someone made racist remarks towards another player. I called him out on it and, in his words, he “targetted” me. The player subsequently was muted by an admin who was in game (I believe named Joseph). The offending player then logged in with an alt account, who stayed in spectator, and continued making unfunny and misfounded racial comments aimed now both towards me and towards the admins. The reason that I am certain that it was this player who reported me is that at the time the admin Joseph told this player to stop spamming the admins with messages. Both of his accounts were subsequently and quite rightly kicked (and I hope banned). I continued the match as a respectful team player, and eventually left. When I tried joining the same server in the evening I was surprised to find that I had been banned.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

I have always held myself to the absolute highest standards of play, sportsmanship and respect in AoS. I never engage in cheap tactics which degrade gameplay, such as spawn camping, or spamming stairs with an smg from a hole. I am dedicated to my team’s success for the duration of the match, and I will fill roles (such as building, pushing, or defending flanks) based on what my team needs, rather than what I feel like. I communicate well with my team, such as pointing out tunnels or informing of enemy advancements. I frequently begin and complete builds that are instrumental to my team’s victory, such as babel stairs, or walls that promote map control. I will always help new players who ask gameplay questions in chat. Additionally, as an above average player, I literally always join the loosing team in order to promote game ballance.

Beyond this, I was literally banned following an altercation in which I defended another player against racism (which frankly is far too common on aloha servers, as well as in AoS generally). The admin who was in game supported my actions, in that he muted the player. Furthermore when I pointed out to the admin that the player in spectator was the same player, the admin banned both of the offender’s accounts. The admin in game said nothing to me at the time that suggested that I was out of line, and did not mute, kick, or ban me.

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    Between 13:00 and 18:00 GMT on 25/02/2019.

Thank you very much for considering my appeal. May I also take this oppertunity to suggest more temporary mutes and kicks being administered for unnecessarily offensive (read racist, xenophobic, sexist, transphobic, homophobic) language.

I am not seeing a ban for you. Are you sure you provided the correct username. It was possible it was a votekick.

Try entering babel again.

No ban for you. You should be free to play.

Conclusion: left during votekick.

Could you please check under Major Motherfucker?

I realised I am only banned from the BetterSpades client. Could it be that BetterSpades became disallowed yesterday?

Thanks again.

You aren’t banned. We ban by ip and there is no ban for you. I am not sure about the client thing.

Alright, thanks.

You should be able to play BetterSpades on aloha.