IGN Jstratter and IGN Sceptrix Ban-Appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    Yes. I waited an hour before making this post.

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    My in-game player name is Jstratter, while my brother’s is Sceptrix.

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    aloha.pk 1ctf 24/7 pinpoint

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    While I can’t be 100% sure, I believe that my brother (Sceptrix) and myself (Jstratter) were banned for destroying a building that was in the way of the spawn, half-demolished, and making it difficult to play. An alternate theory could be that my dynamic IP (it changes a lot and I don’t know why as I am not much of an internet pro) changed to that of a banned player, so now I can’t play.

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    We have learned to be more careful with what we deconstruct, and will work around other player’s creations. We enjoyed playing on this server very much, and hope to do so again soon!

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    We were banned at approximately 11:00 p.m. Central Time on Saturday, January 6th, 2013. (5 a.m. UTC on Sunday)

Thank you for reading and considering this ban appeal!

Your brother was banned for three days for griefing on pinpoint on 1/5. I’ve contacted the admin who banned you, there’s a chance he’ll remove the ban.

Thank you very much! I appreciate it ;D

Also, I noticed he was IP banned, which means I was banned as well. Any way I can get around that to continue playing?

Greetings, Jstratter. When I joined pinpoint that day, there was this pretty massive structure in the back of Green’s base, the one you refer to as blocking spawn. Players were actually attempting to build onto it. Had the project continued, I feel it could have been a pretty epic thing. Fairly quickly, I noticed several players griefing it. Nobody was claiming it was blocking spawn, or inconveniencing them in any way.

I’m unsure at which point you and your brother joined in on the destruction of it, but yes, eventually it was in a pretty decrepit state. Sceptrix was one of several players I temp-banned that day for griefing it.

I suppose I could have asked Sceptrix to stop griefing it, but I find that if action is not taken quickly, irreparable damage can occur. There is no way, however, for me to keep him banned and allow you to play under the same IP.

It’s 3:35PM Central time (21:35 GMT). I’m going to change this to a 24-hour ban starting right now. So it will expire the same time tomorrow.

Alright haux, sounds logical to me. I couldn’t help but notice that at the time it was destroyed it was already horribly mangled. At what point does griefing turn into cleaning, and vice-versa? (Builders had abandoned it a while before my brother started editing it)

That’s a very good question. From my perspective, swarms of griefers were coming out of the woodwork, one after another. Had I joined the match with the structure already griefed to the point it was, I might not have cared about its inevitable destruction.

This is what I joined to: http://i.imgur.com/8NI5r.png

I’m sure what you saw was much different.

In any case, the ban has been reduced a bit. It was your brother who I saw destroying it anyway. So, go punch him in the nads or something?

That’s also what I saw when I joined the server. Unfortunately, time took its toll and my brother knew that it wasn’t going to be rebuilt. Hopefully my brother’s actions make a bit more sense and don’t seem like the actions of a maniac.

Thanks for the replies, and I hope to be able to play soon :smiley: