I got banned for saying Hi to my friend

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    There was no votekick going on, I was instantly kicked by an admin

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

his own mom
3) What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
babel tower

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    I was muted for earlier arguing with a guy, and a friend of mine named Ep came on and said hi to me and some other people. Since I was muted I did a votekick on him trying to get a message to him, all I said was “I’m muted but hi Ep”. Immediately after making the votekick I cancelled it. I got kicked immediately after, perhaps the admin thought another admin cancelled it. I logged back on and tested to see if I was still muted, and said “Hi Ep”. He said hi back to me and then a few moments later someone said “ur going to get banned” And then I was banned.

2. Why should you be unbanned?
    Because being banned for saying hi to someone is outrageous. I realize I shouldn’t have been arguing with people earlier, but I wasn’t banned for that. I just wanted to say hi to Ep. I also know that it can be counted as votekick abuse, but I cancelled it immediately after and I didn’t mean to actually start an abusive votekick. I just wanted to say Hi

3. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    Tuesday June 11 2013 10:00 EST

[18:44:07] <babel_aloha> * His own Mom (IP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) entered the game!
[18:44:53] <babel_aloha> faggots
[18:46:06] <babel_aloha> son
[18:47:50] <babel_aloha> SON
[18:49:09] <babel_aloha> u cant have a pyrhic victory in a game
[18:49:15] <babel_aloha> there is not casualties in a game. its a fucking game
[18:49:28] <babel_aloha> nope
[18:49:39] <babel_aloha> u lost nothing within 4 hours
[18:49:59] <babel_aloha> only idiots use the word pyrhhic in a game
[18:50:10] <babel_aloha> idiots who have been playing too long
[18:50:15] <babel_aloha> and now they think they are smart
[18:51:28] <babel_aloha> DOUBLE SON
[18:52:16] <babel_aloha> jacques shut up
[18:52:20] <babel_aloha> no1 is even talking faggot

Explain this. We’ve already told you once that the next time you’d get muted, there would be a ban. Luckily, this one will only last one hour.

I agree. He trolls the shit out of people whenever I join a server.

I banned you for an hour. That should be enough time for you to chill out.

You evaded the mute. I’ve hour banned you for this more than once in the past. You should take a hint.

I get a bit carried away when I argue and the reason i said faggot at first was because they were spawn camping. These guys that ive talked to before about “Pyrrhic” victory were at it again and this may stupid but I hate it when people try to be overly smart. At the end I was talking to Jacques who waited minutes before responding to me about the very topic, and clearly I was mad that he was bringing it up after it was basically over with.

Also I have some advice, not for my benefit. If you were going to ban/tempban me for those words I said, you should have done it first instead of waiting for me to make a votekick and then kicking me and then waiting for me to get online before banning me, it just confuses people

And btw I don’t remember being hour banned for this before.

I’m even confused right now though I think I know what you are talking about now. I don’t remember being hour banned for the inappropriate language before. If you’re talking about mute evasion, I don’t even know how to mute evade…

You said faggot and I said stop, that was my first and last warning with you given your history. Then you engaged in trolling another player, another admin then muted you. That should’ve been the end of it but then:

1. You started a votekick while muted.
  2. I kicked you as a heaver warning
  3. You came back, said something in chat
  4. I said “You’re gonna get banned”
  5. You evaded your mute anyway and continued to speak
  6. I hour banned you

Now here’s my advice: When you get muted, stay quiet for 5 or 10 minutes, then /admin to ask for your privileges back.

Also, someone who’s been around as long as you knows you can pm people, you could’ve pm’d your friend, but you were trying to test the ice. Ice was thin.

Finally, we’ve done this all before. My name hasn’t changed, your name hasn’t changed. I’ve muted/kicked/temp banned you for all this more than once in the past.

With respect, thats not how I remember it. I might not have been reading but I did not see you say stop. I wasn’t trolling with those guys either they were basically trying to troll me.

1. I started a votekick to say hi to a friend before immediately cancelling it
  2. You kicked me but I did not know why I was kicked and you never told me why
  3. I came back to test if I was still muted because I was confused and said “Hi Ep”
  4. I only said 2 words before being banned, the first thing I said was “f” because i was testing if I was muted. Then I said “Hi Ep” to Ep. AFTER that, you said “ur going to get banned” and then you banned me. I did not evade the mute, I didn’t even know what was going on.

For the PM thing, I knew about it and though I don’t use it often. I actually tried to PM him but it didn’t work and in my mind I was like “huh, maybe it was on another game”. I was not trying to test anyone, I don’t even see how the votekick thing could be a test. All I said was Hi in it before cancelling it.

I do remember being muted before but I don’t remember being temp banned for this. Just making my point clear.

Look, I’ve given you the advice you need. You can take it and move on or repeat this in the future.

I’ll move on but what you said was clearly a bit biased and not exactly what happened. All I wanted to do is make it clear what actually happened.

I think some staff should be more lenient. But thats just my opinion, I don’t want to argue.

I didn’t think we banned or muted for trolling or language. Just for vulgar remarks at a constant rate. Although mute evasion is a more serious offense.