Hugh Janus

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

Yes.

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

Hugh Janus.

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

aloha.pk tower of babel.

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

I don’t know precisely why I was banned. I received no warning, other than the player Tom&Jerry complaining that I’m an “SMG noob” earlier in the day and making a similar complaint just before I was banned. At the time I was banned, I was very effectively camping the opponents’ spawn and repeatedly killing AFKs, which resulted in a temporarily high kill ratio. I don’t know if I was banned because I’m an “SMG noob”, because I camped spawn, or because I had a high kill ratio. I definitely wasn’t hacking – I’m an adult, not a kid with low self-esteem or a high ping, which seems to be most game hackers.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

If I was banned for being an “SMG noob”, I don’t want to be unbanned because I enjoy using SMG.

If I was banned for having a high kill ratio, I don’t want to be unbanned because I’ll eventually have another high kill ratio.

If I was banned for spawn camping, please let me know because I wasn’t aware that spawn camping is against Aloha’s rules.

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

9:50pm PT on May 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review this appeal.

Hello, Hugh Janus. You were not banned for any of the reasons you have given. In the mean time, I have contacted the admin who has banned you.

Hello Hugh Janus,
I am the admin that banned you. You were certainly not banned for “SMG noob”, “Spawn Camping” or high ratio.
You said you were “camping the opponents’ spawn and repeatedly killing AFKs” I as on the green team and I would’ve been killed by if you were at the spawn because I was at the exit of the spawn on a wall. You had around 80% accuracy and 1 shot some people in the head with the smg and seeing the killfeed and listening to the sound it matched as 1 shot per kill. None of this was physically recorded but by you taking the time to edit out your appeal, I believe that you didn’t hack and had a good place to kill people fast and not being noticed. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Unbanned

Hi, Taesun. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate it.