Fillip Ban Appeal (False Ban?)

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

Ban is not a votekick, happened several hours ago.

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

Player banned was my brother “Fillip”, but this ban also affects me, “2ndLaw”.

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

24/7 Hallway

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

Unknown reason. The client the ban occurred on is clean save for a few custom gun and player skins. I was also playing on the Aloha Babel server using Openspades 0.09 on a separate computer at the time, but this is probably irrelevant.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

Again, the reason for the ban is completely unknown. I believe it could have been a false ban. It’s a bit annoying really when Aloha servers are the only ones we play.

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

Around 10:00 - 12:00 AM Arizona Time November 11, 2013.

The name the ban happened under is “Fillip”.

Your banning admin has been contacted.

Hi there I’m the banning admin, if this is an appeal for your brother then he must make his own appeal and be dealt with alone. Your brother “Fillip” is the one I banned earlier this evening for hacking on Hallway, therefore it’s his ban, yes it also prevents you from playing as you are undoubtedly playing from the same network so if I cannot resolve the issues with him, then I’m afraid your IP will remain banned as I did catch your brother cheating.

However, that can be avoided if you are willing to accept responsibility for your brothers hacking and he admits to it himself then I’ll overlook this formality and make a decision on what to do next. We do believe in second chances here and we see a lot of hackers and they usually get their second chance if the person responsible just comes clean to us.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. While I’m positive the client is completely clean (my brother doesn’t have the technical know-how or the guts to install a hack anyway), I’ll talk to my brother, see what he says, and see if I can get him to submit an appeal.

I’m just a bit curious as to how you figured he was cheating. I was playing on another server at the same time; could lag have been an issue? I’d appreciate it if you could show a video or some other evidence, as I’m pretty certain there are no hacks or other mods made to the client.

All the admins here posses a tool that allows us to see from the eyes of any player within that server. We see what they see essentially, whilst we cannot see their gun skins or mods (we only see our own as it’s based on our client not theirs) but that still allows us to see aim snaps and whether or not a person is displaying recoil on their shots (amongst other signs). It’s the most accurate tool around for helping us do our jobs. Also I cannot and do not record everybody I ban otherwise I’d spend more time uploading video footage than doing my actual job which is overlooking the servers and making sure everything is okay, and of course replying to appeals if and when I get them.

I hope you brother decides to appeal his case further, as of now discussion on your thread I consider closed since you are not holding yourself responsible and in the process of consulting with your brother about the matter. It is imperative he makes his own appeal if his case is to be reviewed and solved.

Thank you.