clueless ban appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

I was kicked just after my team won last night, and cannot join tonight. :frowning:

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

clueless

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

babel

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

I have no idea… no votekick, the game had already ended and we were celebrating and a popup said “kicked”. I was tired though so I took it as a sign I should go to bed. The game was uneventful… someone tried to votekick me early on (I had just killed him-- the first time I had killed him). That got cancelled by admin (TY admin!). I ran the intel 4-5 times that game. Did a lot of building, some killing towards the end (though most of my kills were probably nades, lol…). Ended up 1st or 2nd for points, but most of it was intel caps. I’m used to getting vote kicked when I’m in the top three. But I’ve never been kicked (votekicked a few times over the years, when enough players disconnected to make the existing votekicks stick).

1. Why should you be unbanned?

I’m nice, I don’t troll, I don’t grief, I don’t hack, I’m supportive of my team, and I love the aloha servers. I’ve been playing here a long time and have made a lot of friends on the aloha servers. I’d miss them if I had to play somewhere else.

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

Last night (6/14) at ~1am US Central, after the final respawn after my team won (10-0 mind you but mainly because the other team wasn’t building very smart).

Hi there! I’m the admin who banned you.
I banned you because it looked to me like you were using a no-recoil hack… although I was really on the fence and probably made the decision to ban you too hastily. It was, as you said, the end of the round. I guess I took it as a prompt; I haven’t had very much sleep at all lately and I was impatient. I’d been watching you for a few minutes but couldn’t make a decision. Unfortunately, I seem to have somehow deleted the video I took of you, so I’ll just unban you now. Sorry!

You might want to ask or just kick in the future if you’re not sure… ban seems a bit harsh for a player that no one is complaining about and isn’t disrupting the game… but I understand the lack of sleep thing. :slight_smile:

Btw, I find that if you use SMG with short 3-4 bullet bursts, the recoil is easily managed. Any more than that and you have to drag the mouse down as you’re shooting, which (for me anyway) causes my aim to go to crap (so I usually just unload the full magazine at that point).

No hacks for me, I haven’t even modded the thing, I like it the way it is. Still grumpy they took the pickaxe away. But it is funny: you know the celebration at the end, where everyone sprays bullets around like crazy? I throw up my three grenades then try to unload all of my bullets into a single block in the tower before dying. I’m not very good at it but can usually keep it in a 2-3 block radius. Still plenty of recoil but I admit it’s not the usual behavior for a player at the end of the game.

Anyway thanks for the consideration.

Cheers.

clueless

Yo word, along with 100% rifle accuracy.

Anyways, happy end here, topic locked.