Banned for Mowing Down Blues (thought it was aimbot)- StrottingLime

1) Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

It’s a permaban, Dekeku told me on IRC

2) What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

StrottingLime

3) What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

Aloha P.K. Tower of Babel

4) Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

Aimbotting, I’m pretty sure. I didn’t even see the votekick, but beforehand I was shooting tons of blues with my SMG so I kind of inferred.

5) Why should you be unbanned?

Because I do not aimbot and want to tear up some blues.

6) When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

January 18 2013 about 6:00 PM, EST.

Strottinglemon, I am the admin who banned you. I have plans tonight and don’t really have the time to thoroughly look over the evidence. I’m going to remove this ban until I have time to review it. If it turns out that this is indeed a wrongful ban, I apologize ahead of time. I will post as necessary.

Your ban has been re-instated. This is your last opportunity to explain your situation.

Whaaaaa?! Okay, here’s exactly what happened.

I logged onto Aloha PK tower of Babel (with a completely vanilla client) and joined green team. I selected SMG and commenced my attack! I added my 50 blox to our tower and then circled around to the left to try and take out some blues. We were on the map newfort. I climbed to the top of the tree and saw a large group of blues building their tower up, so I unloaded on them and got quite a few consecutive kills. Then AOS closed out. I tried to login but was BAAAANNNNED! So then I posted an appeal here and here we are.

Strottinglemon, I just PM’d you a link to the video I recorded. It contains your IP address so I do not want to post it here. I was watching you as a spectator in first-person, with ESP enabled. It’s clear to me that you had “no-spread” and possibly even ESP turned on.

(watch the video in 1080p)

Possibly post it in the staff section, (tabs on players) so at least some others can see it… maybe? o.O

Or, you could just blur the text out that shows his IP (or possibly even just put a black sqaure over the text area, if that’s easier), then re-upload it.

Once again, it’s just a possibility. Take my advice (if you wish), or completely deny it and start blah-blah-blahing about how it wouldn’t be easy, or just wouldn’t work at all, completely undermining my efforts to help, and making me wonder I even commented in the first place. -.-

Strottinglemon, after further review and discussion, I’ve removed the ban. Lag may have been the cause of some of the suspicious behavior I observed. There is too much doubt surrounding the evidence as a whole.

Take care.

Thanks! I can assure you I was not aimbotting, nor will I ever. I was crouching when shooting with the SMG, would that have something to do with the spread being lower? Because crouching does that.

If you were not crouching during those kills, I can assure you that your ban would not have been removed.

Even for crouching, the spread was very tamed from my perspective.

To be honest, it’s not that the spread was reduced, but that there was practically no spread at all. However, there’s also fairly consistent lag of movements through the video, so those times where it seemed like you were shooting without moving whatsoever can be attributed to the lag not updating the screen on our side, thus appearing like a static screen that moves in bursts.

With this, the matter is resolved. Topic locked.