ban appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    yes

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    yiff

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    aloha.pk tower of babel

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    turbo spade

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    i feel a permanent ban is to harsh of a punishment for turbo spading as my action did not severely affect the gaming experience of other, compared to my numerous encounters with aim bots, who never seem to get banned.

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    14th of Jan 2013 11:00pm Australian eastern standard time

hey Yiff,

I was the admin who banned you.
rapid hack was detected several times and as a result you were kicked as many times. I’m glad you’re honest about the speed hack.
Now, go back into your memory, think very hard an be totally honest, could there possibly be anything else that you could be permabanned for?

Also how do you know it is a permaban?

yes, i resorted to using an aim hack after being constantly spawn killed by the same player, who furthermore refused to leave me alone after i had changed location of my hole and repeatedly asked/warned him to leave me alone.
i also assumed perma-ban after seeing no other indication of other punishments for such action.

Okay. We’re getting there.

Now you confessed the aim hack, I’d like you to answer this one more time:

1. Why should you be unbanned?

I stand by my original point that a perma-ban is too harsh of a punishment for a turbo-spade hack. I also admit to resorting to the use of an aim-bot hack in response to constant harassment from another player using an aim-bot and targeting me, even after I asked/warned him to stop. I now see that I did not respond to this with the correct course of action, and I am sorry for this

You were banned for the use of aimbot and ESP, and this always leads to a permaban.

You appeal your ban with the excuse of it being a response to harassment. However no excuse can ever justify the use of these cheats.
I gave you the opportunity to admit the use of aimbot even after you did not admit it in your first post.

Because I fail to see any remorse in your reaction and no guarantee that you won’t do it again I don’t see a reason to unban you.

It stays a permaban.

I understand that no excuse can justify my actions, and i am sorry for them, i have failed to identify my us of an aim bot in my first post as i was asked “why were you banned”, and with no notification of your reasoning for the ban, and no complaints for other participants within the server about the use of my aim bot, lead me to the conclusion that i was ban for the use of a turbo spade hack, “rapid hack was detected several times and as a result you were kicked as many times”.
I also fail to see how i can display my remorse within my response, for my course of action, for which i am sorry for, which i resorted to out of frustration which i understand does not excuse my actions, besides saying i am sorry for my actions.

I would say he deserves to be unbanned. He is handling himself with great care, he isn’t begging, nor is he freaking out. He has also admitted to hacking. I would say it should be shortened. He may not show remorse, but I doubt he will hack again.

Just to let you know, i don’t know who HoboHob is, so don’t think its me pulling a stunt, but i do appreciate his input.

I’m not completely happy with your answers Yiff. The fact that I had to pull this confession and the apologies out of you aren’t exactly in your favor. Also the fact that you changed your post 6 hours later just to add a couple more apologies make me think you’re doing it only because it could get you unbanned.

Maybe you did inject your aimbot because you were frustrated at one person (who wasn’t aimbotting by the way) but you also used it on other players for the remainder of your game. The fact that you thought you could get away with it because nobody complained leads me to believe that you would still be aimbotting at this moment if I didn’t catch you.

Anyway, you did confess and I’m willing to shorten your ban to three weeks if you promise me to never do it again.

edit: don’t worry, in a ban appeal i never listen to other people than the one who is banned.

In my defense, i am willing to say, i adding in the last line (and if were going to get technical on this,and other letters and/or words to correct the grammar of the response), in order to soften up the post. the majority of the other edits, if not all, (because i honestly cannot remember) were me editing my response due to grammar in-correction, making the response easier to follow and understand.

(Just as a side note, me not confessing to the aim bot and you having to “pull this confession” out of me is due to the fact, and like i said before, i did not know why i was banned, and the question that i had to answer making this appeal was, “Why were you banned?”, which i assumed to be due to the rapid spade hack i was using, due to me being kick out of the server numerous times due to this.)

In response to your request, i will refrain for using the aim bot and/or ESP hack in the future.

You’ll be able to play again in exactly three weeks from now.

I’ll be watching you and if I or another admin ever catch you again it’s a permaban and it stays that way.

Eh? The fact you are unwilling to listen to other people is rather disturbing and makes me think you aren’t fit to be admin. What if say, another person was there and knows the accused wasn’t aimbotting.

There are many variables to be considered.

ah forgot to lock this topic, thanx for the reminder.

oh and btw Hobohob,as far as I could see you did not have anything important to add to the discussion about this particular ban. Also, I wasn’t asking for random people to give their advice, so why would I listen to you?

http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=1100.0