Ban Appeal

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    Yes

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    [RUSH] Debian

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    Babel

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

I dug out defensive positions that could be used by the enemy. A mod (I presume “a”) disabled me from building/digging. I asked why several times and never got a response. I also provided my reason for digging, and again, never got a response. I proceeded to disconnect and reconnect to see if the disablebuild was persistent. It was not. I continued my previous task of digging out potential enemy defensive positions which were commonly used on the map we were playing on, being careful to only dig out on our team’s side so we would still have a wall to use ourselves for defensive purposes. I was disabled again. I asked again why I was disabled. There was no answer. I reconnected again and continued, in defiance of what I considered an incompetent admin incapable of providing reasons for moderation. I figured out it was probably “a” who was doing it, and proceeded to call them names. Very unflattering names. In my rage, I also told them to ban me. After a few moments, they did.

1. Why should you be unbanned?
    I was angry, but not without reason. Failing to communicate reasons for moderation activity is moronic. So is blindly disabling building (as apparently happened with multiple other players in the same match, presumably also by “a”). I consider my actions justifiable, considering the unprofessional behavior of the moderation staff.

2. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    July 10th, 2021, at approximately 12:00-12:30 PM Eastern Time.

Hi, I’m the moderator who banned you from Babel.

Well, let’s start

First of all, at no time you have asked me why I have taken away your right to build, you have simply insulted me, that’s why I have not given you an answer.
But that’s why I didn’t ban you, I banned you because you evaded my block and besides you knew perfectly well that if you left and came back in your block would be removed:

<[RUSH] Debian> All I have to do is log back in to evade it. Ban me.

Besides evading my ban you went back to continue destroying part of the base and the rest of your toxicity with people and more with staff:

<[RUSH] Debian> Screw you to
<[RUSH] Debian> Fuck me bitch.
<[RUSH] Debian> a is a little fart.
<[RUSH] Debian> Ban me bitch

I’m not lifting your ban, you’ll have to serve the rest of the ban since you evaded and did the same thing again, you have 4:50 hours left on your ban.

Thank you.

-Lauraa :3-

I asked you several times why you disabled me from building, and also told you that I was trying to dig out the potential enemy defensive positions. You are lying, and I demand that another admin intervene and check the chat logs because part of my appeal was to complain about your professionalism in handling the ban in the first place. There is an inherent conflict of interest if you are the one handling the appeal.

Unfortunately I have no proof as there is no need to record if someone is grief, you were destroying and not digging, they are very different things.

Thank you.

-Lauraa-

each ban corresponds to the banning staff member, and the logs just proves laura’s ban

<[RUSH] Debian> What?
<[RUSH] Debian> Why did you do that?
<[RUSH] Debian> I’m taking down enemy defensive positions. I always do this.
<[RUSH] Debian> Fuck this
[RUSH] Debian disconnected
[RUSH] Debian entered the game!
[RUSH] Debian running OpenSpades v0.1.3 on Linux
<[RUSH] Debian> Who the fuck is the admin?

• a disabled building for [RUSH] Debian
    <[RUSH] Debian> Fuck you a
    <[RUSH] Debian> Ban me bitch
    <[RUSH] Debian> a is a tiny dicked pedo
    <[RUSH] Debian> Ban me you fucking pussy

then you get banned

do you really consider this is asking?

I asked why the action occurred, and explained why I was doing what I was doing. I also asked who the admin was. I never got a reply.

EDIT: The timestamps are omitted from the above transcript. It should be noted that the objections occurred over a few minutes, and not instantaneously as it appears. There were gaps between most of the messages and actions listed in that transcript.

I was digging the blocks of a potential defensive position. Don’t split hairs.

Well, it seems that this is not the way to ask questions with insults, but well.

I come back and repeat

I am not going to lift your ban, you will have to serve the rest of the ban since you evaded and did the same thing again, you have 4:30 hours left of your ban.

Thank you.

I asked you first, and explained why I was doing what I was doing. I also asked who the admin was, and you didn’t identify yourself. Only after being subjected to blind moderation action did I start to get angry, and I will admit that calling you names was immature. But I maintain that my anger was justified because you failed to communicate to me, or for that matter the other people who were disabled from building, why you did what you did. Even after two of us asked in the chat, you did not respond. You cannot subject players to seemingly arbitrary and misguided moderation action, refuse to communicate why you are doing it, and expect the players to not get angry with you. You do not deserve to be a moderator.

EDIT: And if it is the policy of Aloha to blindly issue moderation action to players without communicating with them first, Aloha does not deserve the player base it has either.

First of all if you were banned or blocked in any way it was because of something you are doing, we don’t ban or block players just because, as they say out there, for every action there is a consequence.
So you knew perfectly well why they took away your right to build and you are not destroying to form a base, you were destroying the house that is part of the base and you were destroying it to demolish it completely.

In that same game I blocked someone who was doing the same as you, he understood that if I blocked him it is because it is not right for him to do that and he stopped doing it and I removed the block.

In return you evaded, did it again and insulted him, so learn to accept your mistakes.

For my part I accept that I was wrong not to answer you but it was because I didn’t see the messages where you asked me and above all I stopped watching the chat because you started insulting.

So there is nothing more to discuss, see you in the game in 4 hours.

Thanks

I refute your assertion that I was trying to destroy my team’s base, but you won’t be persuaded. I’m starting my own babel server. With blackjack and hookers. I’m tired of your shenanigans, and I intend to put an end to them.

Do what you want.

it04IL2.png

No, we don’t and we reserve the right to only talk to you about the in’s and outs by making an appeal. We give no warning before a ban for cheating as it interferes with how we do our job, any other action is warned before any action is taken. Unless the offense is bad enough to warrant an immediate action followed by a message explaining either in PM or Globally, at our discretion, explaining why. Further infractions of moderation actions taken, i.e. TB evasion, TK evasion etc, warrants a full ban for the medicated lengths depending on offense and/or severity.

Cheers.

While this is not the place to ask for this stuff (Opening a seperate thread in appropriate section would be better) the people with the ability to delete your account have been notified.

Wishing you the best as well :slight_smile: