Ban Appeal ruffles

If this is your admin of your community I don’t wish to be apart of this. I did not hack but this admin believes I did. I cannot say anything to change the fact. I did not directly go to him, but he said I did. He does not know the difference between a spade and a grenade. I accidentally found him and get banned. I was banned for destroying a building with an admin located in it. I did not cheat but alas he is an omnipotent admin where am I to disagree. Thus I shall stayed banned. It is the shame as your servers are the only ones that really exist with decent lag for myself (Although they are littered with griefers and team killers) Your “trap” was successful in that I have been turned away from a server with incompetent admins. I would rather have no admins then a bad one.

Have you read anything I said, I admitted that it was a spade. I gave counter arguments to your arguments. I gave you things to consider. You said you wanted to collect blocks but you used right click which doesn’t collect blocks at all. Right now it just seems that you don’t want to admit your wrong and are just leaving. I told you that I thought it was a nade but after watching again, I saw it was a spade. You kept bringing it up even though I said that it is a spade.

Time for my video analysis. All directions are told from the perspective of the hiding player. There might be some amounts of lawyering involved.

Factual report
Starting at 0:54, I can make out one source from the right side, distant. This one persists for awhile, but isn’t really worth analyzing except to make a point that there are multiple sources of digging noises.

Things get fun starting 0:58, some guy approached from the left side and started digging out the structure. The digging noises get louder, indicating he’s approaching the player’s hidden location. This goes on until 1:07, where there’s a pause.

Starting from 1:09, there are 4 swings with the right shovel. The first one hits, though whatever it destroyed is off-screen. The second one misses. The third one destroys the 3* blocks hiding the player. The fourth one destroys the 3 blocks to the right of those.

At 1:13 the digger switches to a gun, but not before the hider switches to a shovel and hits him. From the limited view of the outside at the end of 1:13, there are no other large structures close to where the hider was. Then, the game ends and the player is transported back at the end of 1:13.

Rest of video is irrelevant.

*Note: From my perspective, there were definitely blocks on the ground and on the second layer. It is highly likely that there were blocks on the third layer, as to create a fully linked covering. This is an assumption; it might very well have been just the ground and second layer, that is, 2 blocks. The use of “3 blocks” henceforth all take this possibility into account.

Inference and Analysis

1. The first hit destroyed the 3 blocks to the left of the 3 blocks destroyed by the second hit. Due to the way the game works, all blocks which are surrounded on all sides by other blocks turn into dark brown blocks: “dirt”. As evidenced by the dirt color of the pinpoint platform blocks beneath that location, there were blocks originally there which were dug out. Considering the symmetry of the structure’s frame’s shadow as seen in 1:12, they probably mirrored the blocks destroyed by the 3rd shovel dig , which we have verified as 3 blocks to the right.

2. Note carefully the position and direction of the digger’s feet right after destroying the third set of blocks (4th shovel). He’s standing on ground that is gray, with his toes pointed to the hider’s right (that is, he’s facing left). That means he made the last shovel dig from that position; I’ll even go so far as to propose that he made all 3 shovel digs from that one position, which happens to be right in front of where the hider was hiding.

3. Builds on my second inference. Note the gap between 1:07, when he stopped digging with the left-click spade, and 1:09, when he started digging with the right-click spade; then, combine that with the fact that at 1:13, the ground around where the digger was had gray blocks (indicating that there were no blocks placed there to begin with), the digger must’ve moved from where he was originally digging at 1:07 to the position seen in 1:12 where he shoveled out the hider’s location. That is, the digger must have somehow noticed him at 1:07.

4. I noted the difference in the sound of digging preceding and including 1:07 as compared to those spanning 1:09 to 1:12. The volume of the sounds produced by the 3 right shovel hits is substantially louder than those of the many left shovel hits. Thus, those blocks destroyed preceding and including 1:07 must not be adjacent to those spanning 1:09 to 1:12. This statement is supported by the fact that the ground around the digger as seen in 1:12 is all gray, indicating there were no blocks placed or destroyed there. Considering that those three blocks were directly adjacent to the player, we can apply some measure of syllogism and conclude that the digger went out of his way to move locations and dig out the hider.

Conclusions
I’m leaning towards a verdict of guilty, but there are some loose ends and questions I want answers to:

1. How did the digger notice the hider at 1:07? Perhaps the most important question of all.
  2. Why did the digger attempt the 4th dig if the 3rd one exposed the hider?
  3. Where were the blocks that the digger destroyed prior to and including 1:07?
  4. What exactly did the structure where the hider was in look like, relative to the rest of the playing field?

quite a report there, Reki. in #3 i’m not sure how you’re concluding that the digger must have noticed the hider at 1:07, though. also in #4 how are you concluding that the digger went out of his way to dig out the hider? maybe he went out of his way to just dig more blocks.

ruffles’ story mostly checks out. the only part that doesn’t make sense is about right-clicking to farm blocks faster and color explained why it doesn’t make sense:

also, near the beginning of the video at 0:11 when ruffles is at the intersection of E-F/4-5, he looks toward color. i’m passing that off as a coincidence, though.

everything else in the video seems like normal play to me. i’m not convinced of cheating by ruffles and i think the ban was rushed in this particular situation. i would have liked further investigation/more evidence. from what i can see i don’t know how we can reasonably hold this against ruffles.

hey ruffles, we’ve been discussing your appeal and everything seems to be leaning in your favor except this:

please provide an explanation to help clear up this discrepancy. thanks.

I did not know at the time. Since I played the game roughly for ~7 hours and I never noticed it it never gave me blocks.

Ok after thinking about it. I will unban you. Just know, we are all watching so if you were hacking, don’t hack again.

All things considered, we’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
You’re unbanned, go enjoy and have fun.

But don’t pull anything suspicious, we’ll be watch you closely.
Very closely.