Ban Appeal: LordMetro

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?
    I have waited at least 30 minutes to ensure that I was not votekicked.

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.
    LordMetro

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.
    It should be the babel map server

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.
    I was ban because of using a modified client which contained ESP and Aimbot. I was building near the tower bridge which was destroyed by another user at the bottom and this may have been another reason for the ban.

5. Why should you be unbanned?
    I believe being honest is the best policy. I started becoming active in playing OpenSpades since the COVID lockdown as I remembered playing this game many years ago. In many servers, I saw users having aimbot - these users would re-join with a different username and vote kicking whilst there is no admin has a little effect on those exploiting for an advantage. I now understand that my actions in using these hacks is unacceptable in any community, especially in less relatively known games like OpenSpades. What I know understand is that the Aloha.pk community has an abuse report section on these forums (which I never knew this site existed until I got banned). Using hacks to gain an advantage to other users is greedy and I will promise that I will never touch the hacks again – not being able to play genuinely on Aloha.pk means my server choice is really limited on OpenSpades as well. Hosting your selection of servers on a VPS costs a lot of money and I can really see how hacking is a pressure on any community server. I do not know if your community believes in second chances, but that is fine as I accept my responsibility for using hacks to gain an advantage in game – I won’t be denying this as my fault. I will remove the modified client and ensure that I won’t be hacking in your servers or any other OpenSpades server. In my time playing multiplayer games, I can say that this probably only the second time I have used a modified client and when I do end up using these clients it’s because of people abusing the game. I understand this attitude is intolerable and I won’t be doing so at all – it ruins communities. Hacking is usually a permanent ban in most community servers - so I am not expecting a ban relief of sorts but even a ban relief of a couple of months is enough for me to consider the punishment of my actions.

6. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.
    Around Monday afternoon

Hello LordMetro,

I’m the moderator that banned you for softaimbot and esp.

Your appeal is honestly the best one I’ve seen in a while and Im very happy with it. That’s why I’m unbanning you right away. Please don’t waste this second chance. I believe in you. :wink:

If you ever see a hacker again, please use /admin “person+id is hacking” or report it in our Discord server with @staff. As I’m pretty sure there is staff online when you play(like me), just not directly in the game server. If all else fails, please record them with our pubovl tool and put it in the abuse section, as you had already seen.

Have fun and cya in-game

Noted, and thank you for the redemption :smiley:

I will definitely be having some fps fun in lockdown now. Stay safe and I am sorry for my actions and I will guarantee this won’t happen again. I have removed all instances of the client and will refrain from using it completely.

I used to host a VPS server running game servers but eventually quit - I will try to support your community with the brave add-on, I know it’s small but a positive difference anyway. I do remember playing the hallway servers back 10 years ago on a low-end computer, I’m pleased the legacy still stands. A small userspace but nevertheless a really fun one.

Cheers crazymonky :slight_smile: