Ban Appeal-Keeby1

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick? Yes, def. not a votekick

2. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well. Keeby1

3. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers. Aloha.pk Tower of Babel

4. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf. [b]I downloaded a program called either ----- or ------ and used some type of shooting program, I think you guys call it “aimbot/snapping,” and I take full responsibility for all 40+ kills I made using it. I had a friend (finally) download OpenSpades and was told that a program he “found” made it easier to play and showed me a place to download this stuff, but after I downloaded it, and realized it was an aimbot, I continued to play anyways for about 35 more kills. Needless to say, quite confused by the little blue boxes at first, which I later realized showed me opposing players.

It’s definitely my fault, not his in any way (as this is not a blame game), and I shouldn’t have even trusted something that had “------” in the title. I was sick of spawn-dying due to hackers on one of the hallway maps so I let my selfish side get the best of me and my behavior. I do apologize to those who I killed, which ended up being the same players over time because I was camping in one spot.[/b]

1. Why should you be unbanned? [b]I honestly shouldn’t, but I’d like to continue playing because Aloha servers are def. the best to play on. Getting griefed shouldn’t constitute any use of aimbot or .dll software to play “better.” I definitely won’t be using it again, given the fact that I deleted the software and Injector as soon as I quit playing.

If I’m denied ever returning to these servers I won’t argue, nor will I try to play again.[/b]

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please. July 24, 2014 8:30 PM

Mod edit: removed hack names

Thank you for coming clean. I’m glad you did, I was watching a video one of our staff took of you while we were talking in IRC.
We’re discussing it amongst ourselves, and might have a few more questions to ask.

Keeby,

I was the one who banned you on babel_aloha. Thank you very much for taking time to fill out the appeal and admitting your guilt. I would have couple of questions for you.

Who is your friends and what’s his/her name? This is very importance for us to know.

Please wait, I will discuss your appeal with other admins.

Thanks
Nathan

This won’t help my case at all, but either way the “friend” is someone I met probably a good 3 or 4 years ago on a fan-fiction composition website, not a physical person in real life. I only keep in contact with him through email. I don’t know what you consider “friend,” but take that as you will; I’m not evading the question. We have not played in game yet. He sent me a link through my email (now double deleted because I don’t want that temptation), I downloaded, realized it was a hack and played anyway, now here we are. I’m not really comfortable sharing his email because that wouldn’t be fair to him since I do not know his AOS username or if he himself used it. If I can’t get a ban appeal because of that then lemme know and we can just stop here.

I guess I should also explain this so it doesn’t seem like I am contradicting myself: While in the IRC I was reading a forum post on another tab and realized what I was using was in fact a hack called “aimbot,” I didn’t realize until the IRC that it wasn’t just something to improve in-game play. I knew in-game it was giving me an unfair advantage, I definitely knew in-game, That’s why I was, like, “Oh crap! I realize what I did,” at the end of the IRC since now I knew what it was.

When I said on 4) that I “realized it was an aimbot,” I meant realized I was using a hack. I didn’t know what an aimbot was until I read another page on the forum during the IRC. I had an unfair advantage, but I’m glad I found out what it actually was. Ace of Spades and TF2 are quite literally the only games I play, so I don’t know terminology. I was upset in the IRC and didn’t want to say anything self-incriminating, but I know I did and I apologize for that contradiction as well.

P.S. In 4 days I’m leaving for 2 months to India so if I suddenly stop responding it’s because I’m out of the country, not because I’m being rude. That isn’t to pressure you in any way, it’s just so you know I’m not being a “whatever you want to call it.”

Keeby1,

After discussed with other admins, and we all agree that this is your first time hacking and you’ve had admit doing wrong. I’ve decided to reduce your ban to 48 hours (2days) from this post. Please do not cheat again.

Please do not enter (evade) any of aloha’s server until your ban has expired.

Have a great time.
Thanks
Nathan

Thank you, Nathan!

If he tells me one of his usernames should I PM you and let you know?

Thanks,
Keeby1

He’s off for the night. But yes, you should do that.

EDIT: I should clarify- if you do, at some point, provide us with the in-game name he uses, we’ll keep an eye on him. We don’t have any intention to ban your friend unless he does something deserving of such an action.