Ban Appeal for Trisscar22

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

Yes. I waited for around 35 mins before attempting to rejoin. I confirmed that I was still banned.

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

IGN: Trisscar22

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

Server: aloha.pk tower of babel
Map: Mini Hills

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

Before I explain, I must confess that I rarely read the chat to begin with, especially on this map, because the white global text does not contrast well with the terrain. Thus, my perspective as to why I was banned is very limited. The last thing I caught in the chat before getting kicked was a “wtf” and something along the lines of “screw the spawncamper.” Then, a tab popped up and said I was kicked from the server. I apologize for this in advance, and I would very much like a detailed explanation if possible.

During this map, I decided to dig through the hills and form multiple points to use as spawn camps. From here, I distracted the enemy team so that my team would have the chance to build their tower. I did this on any map that had hills or mountains, as they provided great vantage points. Thus, I can understand if my high kills, as well as my behavior, was considered toxic and unneeded by the players in the server. So far, this is my best reasoning as to why I was banned.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

Before I played this map, I was already on this server for at least three hours. During this time, I went through about four maps, one of which I attempted this technique. However, I did not recall being “called out” for this behavior in the previous map in which I attempted spawn-camping. Furthermore, I had a lot of fun during the previous maps and rounds. I play to have fun and to help my fellow team mates have fun. If my tactics and behavior is deemed inappropriate, I apologize in advance and I will play more fairly. I will also try to read the global chat more often to the best of my ability.

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

5/5/2016
Pacfic Standard Time -8:00
Around 9:00 - 9:30 PM

Thank you for giving me a chance to post this appeal.

Click for details

I have contacted you banning admin. Please stay off any aloha.pk servers until this is resolved.

While you wait for them to reply please read this topic:

useful knowledge

http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=1682.0

thanks,
shywolf91

Thanks for the quick heads-up; will comply

Trisscar22,

I am the admin who banned you. I banned you for esp and no recoil. At the time of your ban, you were shooting at the enemy tower. It appeared that you were firing with no recoil, and the blocks you were shooting were breaking very fast as a result. It also appeared that you were aiming at players before you could see them. I have reviewed my video clip of the situation and I believe I may have been too quick to judge. I think it is very possible that I have a mistake. If you are telling the truth, I am very sorry. Your ban was for six hours, so the ban should already be lifted. Thank you for making an appeal and cooperating. Hopefully you can forgive me and continue to have fun on aloha servers.

• Reid

Reid,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Looking back, I did recall that my entire attention was on the tower. Thus, whenever someone was building on the tower and standing on the edge of the blocks, I would fire quick, short bursts at any location where I saw movement. This is why I usually prefer the SMG, as it has a higher potential to suppress people. This also why I tend to dig and get as close as possible to the enemy tower so that I can minimize its spread.

As for aiming at players before I could see them: I have habit of tracing/locking onto corners and building outlines with my cursor. In this example, I remembered running my cursor along the contours of the tower, as well as the base, because I knew that this was where tower builders often build on. In some games, especially flat maps with buildings, I would always lock onto the corners/tops of buildings, as well as any crevices/windows, because I knew that campers like myself love using these spots to take down careless players.

Again, this is just my perspective. You are the admin, and you have full authority to ban me if you judged that I was playing unfairly. Therefore, please do not be alarmed if you have think you were too quick to judge; I totally understand your position and your decision. Also, if I have offended/angered any other player during that round to the point where they may have complained in global, I apologize for doing so, and I hope to prevent such a case in the future.

Thank you for your time, and keep up the good work! :smiley:

• Trisscar22