Ban Appeal for RaRaRiot

#1) Wait 20-30 mins in case you were votekicked
–not a votekick, permaban–

#2) Please specify your ign
–[HD]RaRaRiot–

#3) Server you were playing on
–aloha.pk 1ctf 24/7 pinpoint–

#4) Reason for ban (please be truthful)
–the guy who banned me at the time went onto the spectator’s team and told me I was “staring at walls.” also apparently i was getting too many kills and headshots with my SMG from long-range–

#5) Reason why you should be appealed
–i’ve been playing this game for awhile, like i told Reki, since about beta 0.30, and i’ve never hacked nor do i intend to hack. it ruins the game. honestly, i don’t even know where to begin with hacking. when i play i prefer the SMG and to be honest i’ve gotten very good with it. however, i’m not gonna be one of those guys stating i’m the best with it. i enjoy playing this game, especially the aloha pinpoint server. its the one i frequent the most, at least within the past month or two, and im usually on with my buddy MountainOX who actually introduced me to the game. i feel i was wrongly banned. i talked to reki on the aloha IRC and he said he observed my SMG having no recoil. like i said ive gotten good with the SMG and i believe I understand how to control the recoil. I only fire in small 2-3 round spurts so it may seem that there’s no spread. i promise you im not a hacker. i would very much like to be appealed and reinstated to the aloha servers–

#6) Date and time (approx)
–i think i was banned Monday night Oct 22 a little before midnight EST–

Just wondering if any of the admins had a chance to look over my appeal. I noticed you quys are pretty good about response time with these things but its been almost a week…
I would very much appreciate a reply. Thanks guys.

Oops, my mistake for overlooking this.

Right, I banned this guy for using a no-recoil hack.
He denies using a hack.
I’m filing a permanent ban.

Does anyone have other things to add, either for/against him?

Nope but I do wonder how many people create an account on aloha.pk JUST to create a ban appeal thread…

Of course I would create an account JUST to post a ban appeal. I used to play on the aloha servers alot before this ban and now that I can’t, I would like to dispute this. And I honestly can’t believe I’m being banned based on somebody’s own judgment. I mean I completely understand you guys are the admins and these are your servers. And I respect ya for hosting em all and keeping em clean. But isn’t there some tangible way of checking for hacks? It just sucks that there’s nothing I can do or say to prove to you that I have not and never will hack.

I talked to his friend IG a few days ago and he seemed honest. He wasn’t whining about it or anything. I don’t think he deserves a permaban, maybe a few weeks or a month.

Thing is, if he’s innocent, he shouldn’t suffer any ban at all, for no duration whatsoever.

I stood behind him in first-person-spectate, and noticed he never recoiled his shots. Care to explain that, RaRa?

I don’t know how to explain it. I’ve read through alot of these other ban appeals and I understand honesty is the way to go. All I can say is I’m being completely honest. I don’t know how to implement a no-recoil hack, let alone any other type of hack. I do believe you if you’re saying that’s what you witnessed. I just have no way of explaining it. I’m not a big gamer. This is pretty much the only game I play online and I see no need for any sort of hack. I don’t know what else to tell ya.

Tell you what, I’ll thinking this over.

I might nullify your ban, just because observation of no-recoil, no matter how consistent, can be a result of lag on either one of our machines.

Please give me a day to consider what I’ll be doing.

Reki,
Just wondering if you came to a conclusion on my situation. I would really love to be able to rejoin the aloha servers. Please let me know

-rarariot

All right, it seems like you’re not lying on this. Since my reasoning was a no-recoil observation, it’s possible that it was just some lag or latency and I have misjudged you.
Thinking back, my internet connection wasn’t that good those days, making me doubt myself more.

In this case, you’re actually innocent, and I apologize for the ban.

Please don’t let my misjudgment reflect poorly of the aloha servers. You have been unbanned.

Thanks Reki. I really appreciate it. Sorry for any trouble this caused.