Ban appeal for A.T. Hun / IvanTheTerrible

1. Votekicks last only 30 minutes. Did you wait at least 30 minutes to make sure your “ban” is not just a votekick?

Yes, in fact, I was not originally aware that I had been banned. I thought I had simply been votekicked from a single server last night and waited it out. I attempted to connect to another Aloha.pk server this evening and found that I had been banned

1. What is your in-game player name? Please include it in the subject of this topic as well.

I am A.T. Hun. Another player at my IP, IvanTheTerrible, seems to be affected by the ban as well, although he was not playing at the time of the incident that I believe led to the ban

1. What server were you playing on when you got banned? Reminder: We can only help you with bans that took place on aloha.pk servers.

aloha.pk tdm 24/7 faceoff

1. Why were you banned? Lying severely decreases your chances of getting unbanned. If your “little brother” got you banned, tell him to make an appeal, or accept responsibility on his behalf.

I’m not entirely sure. As I recall there were approximately 7 or 8 people (?) at the time I joined the server on the blue team. As the server name advertised the server to be a TDM server I attacked and killed the first two greens I saw. I then noticed two blues standing around that didn’t seem to have been fighting the greens. Shortly thereafter a votekick was initiated and promptly executed, within the span of about 10 seconds. I was caught off guard by this and did not manage to catch the votekick reason. In total, I do not believe I was on the server for more than a minute.

I believe that all present on the server on both teams were engaged in some cooperative endeavor, and that my arrival was taken to be an intrusion, for which I was votekicked. I am not sure how or why this was elevated to a ban. I do not recall having seen any request in the chat to stop shooting people, though given the short time from joining the server to being votekicked I may have missed something.

1. Why should you be unbanned?

As I am unaware of the exact reason for the ban, I am not exactly sure what to answer. Assuming that my analysis of why I was banned is correct (interrupting a cooperative endeavor between the two teams), I should be unbanned because I was playing on the server according to the play mode advertised by the server name, and whatever I interrupted was “off topic”, so to speak.

1. When were you banned? Best approximate date and time, please.

I believe sometime between 20:00 and 23:00 Central Time on October 14th.

Hello A.T.Hun,

You were banned from the server by a votekick, that accidentally became stuck. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you should be unbanned now. If you have troubles joining an aloha server, join faceoff (the server you were banned on), and the sticky votekick should be erased. If you have any other problems, feel free to ask for help.

Happy playing,
FF

Danko wasn’t this fixed already?

No.

1 Like