Babel Map Rotation

Let’s talk about the babel rotation!
I’ve made a list of maps with some previews and stuff. Let’s talk about what maps we like and don’t like and see if we can make some changes, removals, additions, modifications: whatever.
If you have any maps not on this list that you think would be good for babel, please post it in this thread.

Map Info

1river2forts by Technomancer88

alexandria by Lostmotel

battlefarm by Gibbs3333

binladencompoundv7 by Noire

blam by JoJoe Stinky

catseyebabel by Triplefox

crossfire3 by Lostmotel

driftice by IAmYourFriend

ellipsis by ei8htx

frog1.1 by Lostmotel

halongbabel by Lostmotel

holes by izzy

icecraft by Lostmotel

islandbabel by izzy, ei8htx

mazemountain by Danke

minihills by Kuma

newfort by JoJoe Stinky

nomansland by Buffet of Lies

octopus by Lostmotel

oldvilla by Lelue ***Not currently in rotation

pinpoint2 by izzy ***Not currently in rotation

remus by Yourself

spitfire by Lostmotel

stadium by Dany0

swag1 by Lostmotel

swag2 by Lostmotel

*toast by JoJoe-Stinky ***Not currently in rotation

tortuga by Lostmotel

trenches by Ki11aWi11

tunnel-top by Jdrew

turtlesoup by Lostmotel

utopia2 by Lostmotel

waterfrontv2babel by [PXY]C

yubacore by Lostmotel, mill by SIMOX

crossfire2 by TheGrandmaster ***Not currently in rotation

abridgetoofar by ei8htx***Not currently in rotation

mazehills by Danke***Not currently in rotation

[details=Text List]1river2forts
alexandria
battlefarm
binladencompoundv7
blam
catseyebabel
crossfire3
driftice
ellipsis
frog1.1
halongbabel
holes
icecraft
islandbabel
mazemountain
minihills
newfort
nomansland
octopus
oldvilla
pinpoint2
remus
spitfire
stadium
swag1
swag2
*toast
tortuga
trenches
tunnel-top
turtlesoup
utopia2
waterfrontv2babel
yubacore
crossfire2
abridgetoofar
mazehills[/details]
*added crossfire2
*added abridgetoofar
*added mazehills

Danke,

Thank you very much to bring this up. I saw below maps that has fewer players (sometime none) than the other. I would suggest those need to be remove.
Alexandria
crossfire3
icecraft
mazemountain
swag2
Tortuga
Yubacore

Would be nice if we can add the tradeoff, abridgetoofar to the list.

Thanks

Nathan

my favorite maps
1river2forts
blam
driftice
ellipsis
islandbabel
minihills
newfort
nomansland
remus
spitfire
stadium
swag1
swag2
tunnel-top
turtlesoup
halongbabel
utopia2

i don’t love these maps, but i don’t hate them either:
battlefarm
alexandria
binladencompoundv7
Mazemountain
catseyebabel
icecraft
waterfrontv2babel

i don’t like these maps:
octopus
oldvilla
tortuga
holes
yubacore (i don’t like this one at all)

Maps that i would like to see back in rotation:
pinpoint2
toast
I would like to see this added to the list:
Abridgetoofar by ei8thx

Maps I like:
1 River 2 Forts
alexandria
battlefarm
binladencompoundv7
crossfire3
driftice
halongbabel
islandbabel
minihills
remus
stadium
tortuga
turtlesoup
yubacore

Maps I Don’t Like:
catseyebabel
holes
icecraft
mazemountain
spitfire
swag2
tunnel-top
waterfrontv2babel

Not played or no preference:
blam
newfort
nomansland
octopus
ellipsis
frog1.1
swag1
trenches
utopia2

http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12274 - battlefarm remake

Bumping this old thread.

I was going through aloha’s map repo and found some old maps. Many players (3 by my count) said UFO should be put in rotation. Opinions?

It’s hard to tell, but those grey circles are UFOs sitting about 10 blocks off the ground.

this is my first time playing that map and loved it!

ufo has been added to rotation

I very much so dislike mazemountain. That’s the only map I don’t like to the point where I usually change servers. It’s hard to build on due to all the nooks and crannys for smgs to spam your tower from and it’s hard to even run across the map to kill people without making tunnels that soon get overrun and overused.

TowerDive (I believe the map name is) is my favorite at the moment. The distance from one spawn to the other is small so the arena peeps that don’t have anywhere to play anymore (due to all maps and top 10 always being empty) have somewhere to noscope in. There are flanking islands for the water campers and the builders can still build. :slight_smile: Even though the map starts off hectic with a lot of spawn killing that ends pretty quickly and pretty soon some massive forts start to be built. I really hope we can get some smaller fast paced maps like these. (I might make some later on if there’s a wanting for them) Also, the maps that don’t require a tall tower and just a bridge are usually fun as well, because if the bridge falls you didn’t lose hours worth of work.

mazehills is ok but maze mountain still irks me a little

I dislike both actually.

It says that Pinpoint2 was made by izzy, I always thought it was made by tGM?

RIP Tortuga.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Rip+leonard+nimoy+a+great+man+and+legend+leonard+nimoy_824649_5467349.gif

(gone from rotation if that wasn’t obvious)

pinpoint2 have been requested lately by players in game, it remains popular. I think driftice was designed as a replacement for pinpoint2, but why not have both!

and please remove yubacore, players keep spawning on the wires and is so annoying when you are trying to build a tower

Yubacore is a really good map. Just remove the spawn zones on the wires.

I would also like to see pinpoint2 added to the rotation, but I don’t really think driftice should get removed. It’s a pretty fun map except that the chat can’t be seen sometimes.

I agree on this one, I die sometimes because of sudden movements when I spawn on wires.

I don’t see how yubacore is that good of a map for babel though. I think it’s just too cluttered and doesn’t allow any far shots unless you go all the way up the hill to the side. At the same token there isn’t a way to get really close to your enemy either, because the ditches on the side of the road are the only way to get to the enemy quickly without getting your head shot off from people on your flank and they are open to the enemies camping on their tower.

I’ve updated the rotation removing the 3 (average) longest maps:
alexandria
tortuga
mazehills

Current rotation is:
1river2forts, battlefarm, binladencompoundv7, blam, catseyebabel, crossfire3, driftice, ellipsis, frog1.1, halongbabel, holes, icecraft, islandbabel, minihills, newfort, remus, stadium, swag1, trenches, tunnel-top, turtlesoup, utopia2, waterfrontv2babel, nomansland, octopus, spitfire, swag2, yubacore, abridgetoofar, tradeoff, TowerDive, turv, ufo

<3

Thanks for this Danke! I love pinpoint2, but for babel…? Not sure. Grunge you should get modloader if you can’t see chat. I love the wire spawning but I hate how I accidentally press W A S or D and fall off. I remember some guy trying to jump off and suicide but then i killed him, poor fellow, can’t even kill himself xD!