aloha.pk Minecraft Factions Server Ideas Thread!

Just thought i’d put in 2 cents, locked chests aren’t an necessity, with or without a private chest plugin, you should still have ender chests, thus being a built in protection. Also have you thought about a faction leader-board if it’s not already included?

Will it cost to create factions…?
Also, I think there should be a creative plot area as well as the rest of the stuff

I don’t know about players creating their own factions, but we might after awhile let players do so. I think it would be cool to have like 3 large factions instead of several small ones. These factions are obviously warring and trying to progress further than the others.

Just a minor suggestion, if you do decide to make only 3 factions for a time being, possibly make something special in the “middle” of the map(unclaimable), that way one faction could control something that’s valuable to the others, yet there’s always the possibility of being overthrown. And i don’t mean like items, just something that’s usable by all factions.

Make lockable chests. Also, before the factions raid, there should be lock picks.(Buyable a the store)

Regarding lockable chests, I think there should be some limits to that. Ender Chests already function as lockable, and some raiding/risk should be expected as per factions.

I’ve been on a few faction servers, They can be pretty fun or pretty hard. One hard part is not getting raided, and not getting killed just after you leave safe spawn.

@GamingFTW I think you’ll be able to join a faction nearly instantly, thus letting you do /home to bring you to faction home. Where you’re more “safe.”

I want there to be like a huge risk at being raided, like you can lock chests but even that isn’t enough. You also need to hide chests and full on obsidian vault and the sorts.

Oh I know I know, as I said i’ve played faction servers before and I know a lot about them. Obsidian vaults don’t work I had a house on a island in the middle of no where in the ocean, it was a obsidian vault, I disconnected and came back to a empty island.

This sounds pretty freakin’ cool. If this goes public I will definitely get my friends to play it.

@HoboHob go for it, it’ll be public eventually!

@GamingFTW well give your best suggestions and what your idea of what an ideal faction server would be. It helps us immensely!

Raiding will be their always the most thing you can do is go far away from spawn and not tell anyone where you live and don’t accept tps

I have kind of a really big request to make.

Both Minecraft 1.3 and Minecraft 1.4 lag a ton on my computer. I can kind of play 1.3 with all the settings down, but 1.4 just isn’t worth playing it lags so bad.

If possible could you make it a 1.3 or 1.2.5 server?

Sorry, that won’t happen. We’ve already got a lot set up for 1.4.5 and 99% of people play 1.4.5. Sorry to hear about the lag :frowning:

I’ve got an (little) idea to make the server a little more exciting:

I sometimes hang out on factions ervers. Most of the time the strategy is ( taking your average faction server ):

• Get a whole bunch away from spawn
  • Disguise as someone friendly who wants to join ennemy faction
  • RAID

Otherwhise, you can never find other factions. Nearly never.

What I would suggest is :

• Have multiple worlds
  • You have diffrerent inventories between worlds
  • Each world is 100/250x100/250 chunks
  • Only 100 factions can set in in each world
  • If there is the max of factions in a world, go to another one

Get optifine mod.

Optifine helps me a lot, get that.

I had it on 1.3, it helped a little. But my computer is so old I am not sure how much it will help for 1.4.

when will you put the server ips on the forums?

Tried optifine, got absolutely no performance boosts at all.

It doesn’t make any sense to me at all, 1.2.5 ran just fine on my computer. And 2 updates later it runs at 2 FPS.