Aloha.pk Community

Technically, high powered rifles can inflict less damage at close ranges depending on the type of bullet used.

Ideally, a bullet should expand inside the body cavity to inflict as much damage as possible and leave a large exit wound. Up close, high powered rifles can punch a hole right through the body and not deform much, thus committing less damage than if the person was further away.

But yea, AoS should be simple, bullet damage should be universal and spread is what determines a weapon’s range capabilities.

This is a topic for open discussion/ideas, not “I told you so’s.”

ei8htx: great to hear that you wish to look into OpenSpades code this summer.
Please keep us updated with screenshots and similar :slight_smile:

Do note that the pnd3d engine, though currently abandoned by Ken Silverman, remains closed source.
A good first step would probaby be to get down on ones knees and beg Ken Silverman for the use of the code in OS.
Our chances should be good, because from the descriotions available he appears both tho be positive to AOS classic and inclined towards making code available.
It might be good to try this ASAP, so as not to loose time when you start actual coding.

I could try the begging, but being no coder, I fear i would come across as un-serious.

Right, well, the ace of spades rifle is not a high powered sniper rifle, so that still doesn’t make sense. And the reason they would go right through the body without causing much damage is because of their speed at point blank range.

Alright, no need to get into the technical stuff because I have an anti-material rifle skin.

By the description, pnd3d looks like it’s not designed well for dynamic environments (block destruction, addition), so I’ll prob just stick with what works.

I want to build a map.
Any tips?
Also, that would be ridiculous that AoS will die. I like it, you all like it, but we gotta accept thing how it is. We gotta enjoy the living stuff out of this game before it dies. We have to complete all our plans that we wanted. The game is pretty fun, addicting and just amazing. It will live at least one and a half years. However, even if it dies, we still have shooters, relationships, and forums.
Good luck, you all.
P.S. No one will say that I said this right, because this makes no sense.

I’m not a mapper but there should be resources here: Build and Shoot - Modding / Customization

Thanks. I will look up.

From pnd3d.txt:

[i]Some of my disappointments with the new engine are:

• Mod speed. This is mostly the fault of copying from CPU to GPU memory.
    For games that require less frequent, small changes, this is not
    an issue. Also note that it is not an issue when using /cpu mode.
    I suppose this will no longer be an issue once unified CPU&GPU
    memory becomes common.[/i]

Thus: The way I read it, using pnd3d in cpu mode gives you a voxlapp with bugfixes and some new features.
I would ask before giving up on it… but hey, I am no coder.

TERRARIA OR ELSE thinks for ten minutes IZ VILLZ KILLZ YOUZZ

Bump

Status Update…anyone?

Rlly m8097654321 ;-;

necropost.jpg