Weird but actualy worth way to make aos run smoth and perfect

we all have heard or even worse, experienced aos running horrible because of the weird relation aos have with some pcs, so here is an easy fix that will certainly make aos run smoth and awesome (if your pc just can’t handle aos I can’t guarantee it to work better)

First you need to know what aspect ratio your monitor runs, a quick google search like “what aspect ratio is 1366x768” will tell you

So now that we know it I’m going to drop here the actual trick:

Go to C/ace of spades/config.ini

Open your game in windowed by opening the config file and setting “windowed= 1” then tab out and maximize the window, this will show a buggy and badly scalated aos so here is the trick:
If your aspect ratio is 16:9 set the game resolution to xres=958 and yres=506
If your aspect ratio is 4:3 set the game resolution to xres=1148 and yres=674 (if your monitor is smaler that this just run 800x600)
now your game’ll be running smoth AND no glitches

Things to consider:

This is not perfect and can display itself a bit buggy (usualy the text gets weird)
depending on your operative sistem it can change a bit
staff members, pls check: http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=11420.msg98409;topicseen#msg98409
to make sure a 100% compatibility I recomend the following part of the guide:

If you run any other aspect ratio or you want to learn how to do it here is an example of how to do it:

1. Open your game in windowed 800x600
  2. Set it fullscreen
    3)Take a screenshot (here comes the tricky part)
  3. Open any photo editing tool able to cut and save the file in the new resolution (Irecomend photoshop here)
  4. Press “C” to select the cutting tool and zoom until you can see pixel borders
    6)Now you’ll have to cut only the game part, leaving the system window out like this

1. Now you need to save the file and know it’s resolution (I recomend just throwing it into a fresh chrome tab so it display resolution on top)

8)Now try opening the game in that resolution, close it and it’ll show the resolution cap of aos when you reopen config.ini
9)¿Here is the hard part, you need to scale it down to fit that max resolution, so just do some math for example:
1920x1080 ends in 1916x1013 so now I need to reduce it to somewhere where both number are integers.
So it will be 50% of the original size aka: 958x506.5 (cut the last one bi this simple rule if its 6 or above 1 more pixel if its 5 or les just remove the .x numbers
10) Set this sesitivity, maximize and enjoy playing aos in its full potencial.

Bs: just to keep in mind if you still doubt about trying it, my pc runs openspades at almost max graphics at 400fps and aos lags the hell out of himself, this fixed that. so now go get some deuces and let me know if you need me to help you in any particular circunstance about this post.

[shadow=red,left] 8) ALERTATED: MUCH TEXT 8) ALERTATED: MUCH TEXT 8) ALERTATED: MUCH TEXT 8) ALERTATED: MUCH TEXT [/shadow]

use betterspades and all voxlap problems gone

that’s one lovely way to get a lot of headshots not even working

i agree with oxlot here, (yes, i’m one of the very few people who does that sometimes) betterspades is a great client that’s easier to play with and looks much better, even if your computer is old this game runs fine on it…

the betterspades version i’m using right now is 1.4 on linux, with battlefield pack skins i and sounds from openspades 0.12 b or ace of spades classic - works better than any other client i played with