We want the server to be brought online

definitely nothing functional like that

Just to note: the donation stuff is outdated as most of the people in this thread and I have talked of it in game.

I made it clear that no one will ever be able to donate and gain an advantage in the game over another play. Either in the for in game TP money, /sethomes, unlimited X items, or anything. It will not happen.

Heck, donation perks probably won’t happen at all if I got my way

What Froe said. I’ll donate cuz I like this place and want to take care of it, that’s it.

I like the passwords because imo it adds an extra layer of protection to protect my player on the server. Is the password option not needed on online accounts?

I feel like the password/whitelist combination is like 2 authentication factor for the server.

Also, so you can’t blame your little brother or sister for griefing the server.

Why would you give your brother/sister a password for your minecraft account? And if you do – then why wouldn’t you just give them your aloha password as well? That’s the benefit of going online with a paid game. It requires authentication whereas on AOS your brother/sister could also just have the game installed on their computer. And you can rely mainly on just banning accounts instead of by IP since not many people can spend $27 (or whatever the price is now) just to be able to play again. Hopefully if they can they are mature enough to not repeat what they did earlier anyways.

And Shy, most online servers don’t have that extra layer of passwords. I’ve only been on two other servers that have had it and only one of them was an online server.

Your MC account does have a password, used in the client/launcher before you enter the game; a better way to protect your account and prevent “little brother” attacks. It is a different password then the one you use now so you may want to hit
https://minecraft.net/ or https://mojang.com/
to doublecheck your credentials. One uses your MC account name and the other uses your registered email address, yours could be either depending on when you signed up.

The whitelist isn’t changing, all us MC addicts will be right where you left us. :slight_smile:

That would be true if people didn’t have access to my computer

Change your password and don’t give it away.

I can see the benefits of this double layer protection.
I get the feeling most people that do have legit accounts have the remember username and password checked.

Not everybody has a little brother to worry about. :slight_smile: Take a step in maintaining your own security: protect your password by logging out when you leave MC.

Edit profile, check Launcher Visability, choose "re-open when game closes. Save profile.

I’m just used to having backups for everything lol

About this time. Froe got on and finnaly said that the server is going to be online mode. “Might take a few hours,” says Froe.

(:

At this moment I have transferred most people over with relatively few errors - however, I KNOW that some things have slipped by. There are few ways for us to catch this except by people coming online and then reporting it - the errors could be: your inv/enderchest is wiped or you do not have /home. If either of these happen to you stop playing immediately and let us know.

Otherwise we are good to go and we’re online mode now.

It is a good thing that the server is Online Mode (no cracked versions). It’s fair - By the game, get to play. However, for the people who don’t have Minecraft Full Version and cannot buy it at the moment (for some reason), there should be a server for them. And what saddens me is rarely someone is on, but, who am I to talk I’m new. All though, the point’s stand sharp, I still like the server :wink:

Most of our community are either working or are in school. From what I see we get the most players during periods of break (such as weekends and holiday breaks)

I think everyone know my opinion pretty well, gamez the reason why theres not many people on atm is because of how busy most of the community is irl. There is usually a comfortable number on. Like when I have time I’m so brain dead usually I launch something like the infinity pack for that server or some mindless dota games (picks sniper and hits gg). You only really see me when I pop in to admin or check something.

Yeah, the average number online is only like 2-3 right now which isn’t so great. Recently there has been more periods of low activity than I have seen in several months. I am trying to get some fresh faces onto the server hopefully that will draw some people back, and at the very least get some activity flowing :slight_smile:

That’s good :slight_smile: