The Truth About Aloha

You did not go unnoticed, even if english isnt my mother tounge I read it all, lol it might have taken a bit of time but I finished it
What did Izzy said ?

going against what he originally said

His original ideals. Izzy wants to operate as behind the scenes as possible.

I did not knew that

I agree with your points, even tho i’ve never been a guard and such, i’ve still had a pretty hard time with some admins (not only Danke before ppl starts talking about that, that shit is done and publicly said danke was a good guy and i was a dickwad). I just wanted to point out how awesome Stradivarius was. Guy completly deserves to be in the staff.

for the rest of this topic.

grabs some popcorn, sit back, relax and waits for the flames of hell to start

make an anonymous poll

Forgot to add up, for CSMaps, it’s the biggest regroupment of hackers there is in aloha. Being my favorite server, i found myself hating it since the moderation on it was small/unexistant in certain situations.

I am not very familiar with all the AoS community dramas, I thought that all the staff members were benevolent persons

So sad that BnS is dead,anytime now we dun fucking dead.

sry 2 long did not read

same, i feel bad somewhat

Being a guard on aloha is frustrating to say the least. Maybe a power system worked a little better back in the day but now its just crippling. If i want a ban to stick I have to upload a video, something that takes me 10 minutes with the smallest video file, and then wait for another higher up admin to make it a permanent ban after viewing my report. That’s two people and a lot of time for some fuckface that can just evade the ban in less than a minute of their time. I stopped caring. I stopped uploading. I just stopped playing. I’ve been going to other servers for a breath of fresh air, servers that allow me to ban people for a week without evidence because they understand I know what I’m doing. On aloha guards only have the ability to ban someone for 6 hours without uploading evidence. These people aren’t worth that effort and nobody is open to change. The fact is that most of our administration grew up. They have college, work, family, and friends outside of a website.

This game died when it was sold. I know we all want to live in denial and believe AoS has a few more years left in it but it doesn’t. This isn’t the first cyber graveyard and it wont be the last. Every year new, better games that get updated come out. It’s sad but its the evolution of gaming.

This will always be my favorite childhood game. I met a lot of cool people and had a lot of fun. I’ll be here until the end but not like i used to be.

hqdefault.jpg

That’s basically it in a nutshell. Unless there is a massive overhaul, there are bound to be new communities with new members, new staff, and new rules.

No doubt, yes

1 like for both of ya @Monsta and israel

Click for details

8) 8) 8)

@ israelleelll your damn post made me damn emotional do you want me to start hating you smh :’(
favorite childhood game too

PS: really sad
Edit: listened the music while I was reading. really sad thing

I stopped playing AoS about 10 months ago, but I checked in just now, and the same servers seem to have roughly the same population as they did back when I still played. (Babel has ~30, CSmaps and Push has 10-25, 5 people spread across other servers). So don’t expect AoS seems to go anytime soon. People had been saying for a couple of years that AoS will die, and give the same reasons, and yet all I see is stagnation. I personally couldn’t put up with the fact that you can only get ~10 minutes of gameplay on arena (if you’re lucky) without a hacker popping up, but that’s just me. Seems that enough people can tolerate it to keep the game alive.

However, there is an obvious, slow death in the community, if not the game, seeing as how there have been no Holiday game events, no FSOMs, etc. for quite a while, or at least none on the front page. I wouldn’t be worried about the game’s lifespan so much as that of the Aloha community.

israelleelll’s post is too long, should I read it?

I just liked so that people who haven’t read this think I read it.
(sry for double posting)

Our biggest issues lie within corruptness/laziness in the staff that resulted in many good players being lost over time. We have players but not so much the ones that would make your head turn, not so much the ones that make it enjoyable. Also, as a community, it degraded immensely because of the “genius” idea to make the anonymous section, and also the fact that it took so much to even see a single forum ban for something other than a spam bot. I have been part of this community for what now, 4, maybe 5 years? I’ve only ever witnessed ONE forum ban and that ban was for so many things at once, and it should have happened years before it did. Also, we still haven’t expanded.

Click for details

No, you should probably kill yourself.

Regardless, there are too many issues and not enough staff who are active that can fix these issues.